NJDuck

Stunner: Oregon Beats No. 1 Seed Arizona 67-59

More coming later....offer your thoughts to this thread about this amazing game!

GODUCKS.COM

Oregon bounced back from first-half adversity to beat Arizona in the Pac-12 Tournament semifinals Friday night.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Their "A, B, AND C game!  Team Oregon "M*A*S*H-Unit" definitely has the talent to go toe to toe with Arizona and I am hoping for an entertaining and hopefully, competitive game. However Any lapse in Any facet of the game and the Wildcats will pounce and once they get you by the neck it's very hard to recover.

Arizona is highly motivated to not only win the PAC12 tourney but want to dominate it as to secure a number one seed in the "Dance".  Their bench is a whole lot deeper and experienced than Oregons and they will have a much more effective rotation throughout the game.

Oregon will have to put together as complete of a game as they have all season.  We have seen flashes of "completeness" during a half, or game run of ten minutes are so, but have also seen some horrific stretches of just plain bad basketball from this team that dooms a comeback attempt or ability to hold onto a lead.

My prediction is that Oregon gives a solid first half, keeping the game at a pace that they are comfortable with.  Second half I think Arizona makes the adjustments needed and will wear us down with a more effective rotation, slowly building a lead that Oregon will have a difficult time overcoming.

I hope that one or two of Arizona's top players have a down game and that one of our bench players (Rigby?, Oquendo?) have their best game of the season.  If the effort is there and the mistakes are minimal then the window is open for a victory which, depending on how the rest of conference championships finish, may be just enough for a invite to the dance.

But we have to win first and that is sitting at a low percentile going into this semifinal game.

Go Ducks 🏀!  Win one for the Puddles 🦆.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1

I am at the tourney and watched Arizona yesterday.  Their defense in the 1/2 court against USC was nothing short of incredible.  I am pulling hard for the Ducks, but if Arizona defends like that again today....it is going to be a long night. 

They are clearly better at 3 starting positions on the floor and their bench is stronger and deeper. Oregon is going to need their best game of the year along with some luck.   

Edited by GeotechDuck

On 3/15/2024 at 9:24 AM, GeotechDuck said:

Oregon is going to need their best game of the year along with some luck.   

Hell at this point in the season, I'll take any and ALL the Luck we can get!  Damn the Haters.  Go Ducks!

On 3/15/2024 at 2:19 PM, MicroBurst61 said:

Hell at this point in the season, I'll take any and ALL the Luck we can get!  Damn the Haters.  Go Ducks!

Arizona is a robust -11 favorite. A future B12 vs B1G matchup. 

Go Ducks!

On 3/15/2024 at 11:19 AM, MicroBurst61 said:

You seem conflicted! I wouldn’t bet on a different outcome, which I base on us having very few quality wins this season, not hate. That being said, sports can be insane.

SCO Ducks!

What time, TV channel is Oregon Ducks vs Arizona basketball on today? Free live stream, spread, Pac-12 tournament odds (3/15/2024)

Jackson Shelstad, N’Faly Dante and the Oregon Ducks face the No. 6 ranked Arizona Wildcats in a semifinal showdown at the 2024 Pac-12 men’s basketball tournament tonight in Las Vegas. This game tips off on Friday, March 15 at 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ETwith a live TV broadcast on Pac-12 Network, and available streaming online.

HOW TO WATCH OREGON DUCKS vs. ARIZONA

When: Friday, March 15 at 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET (7 p.m. CT)

Where: T-Mobile Arena | Las Vegas, Nevada

TV channel: Pac-12 Network

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

The Oregon Ducks try and knock off the No. 6 ranked Arizona Wildcats today in Pac-12 tournament play.

No defense and no shooting often means losing.

Looks like the boys aren't giving up without a fight!

• Thumbs Up 2

2nd half was tremendous despite the foul line discrepancy.

• Thumbs Up 1

image.gif.07c1d1e10872c4722bcd2dd91de5fcae.gifimage.gif.b1faa73816a96aef635eb62cfb4b33b0.gifimage.gif.d273adbfe942e8096bc64bf560a2f3fd.gif

• Wow 1
  • Applause 1

Won One ... For the Puddles!

Quack Frickin attack Babe!

🦆🏀🔥

• Wow 1

Wild, was fun listening on radio, hadn’t done that for a while.

Have it on DVR so I'll watch it tonight when able. Did the Ducks just punch their ticket for an at large to the Dance?

On 3/15/2024 at 7:35 PM, EastBayDuckDad said:

Did the Ducks just punch their ticket for an at large to the Dance?

Lots of bubble teams on the outside ahead of Oregon have had good conference tournament success. My guess is Ducks will also have to win tomorrow. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/15/2024 at 7:41 PM, mikethehiker said:

Lots of bubble teams on the outside ahead of Oregon have had good conference tournament success. My guess is Ducks will also have to win tomorrow. 

True, but Oregon just beat a probable NCAA 2 seed. I agree that the best case is to win the Pac-12 tournament final tomorrow and get the automatic.

I think they have to win on Saturday.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but a lot of these conference tournaments have had upsets which puts more "comparables" that the Ducks would have to fend off.

OMG    Dana Altman!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Let’s not find out, but 22 win team that beat a 2 seed in mid-March at a neutral site seems like decent odds, in the conversation at least.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/15/2024 at 10:57 PM, HDuck said:

I think they have to win on Saturday.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but a lot of these conference tournaments have had upsets which puts more "comparables" that the Ducks would have to fend off.

I think so, too. They would probably bounce Colorado if they win out.

When asked about what coaching strategies he employed in the first half..."It’s not coaching if nobody’s listening,” Altman said after the game.

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

The second half featured the Ducks we've been waiting all season to see. Dante's not only a complete beast, he's tough as nails. Good contributions all around. Shelstead, I thought, played his best game because of the pressure of being in a championship type game. Evans has barely scratched the surface of his potential.

If the team that showed up for the second half tonight gets to the big dance where might they go? Holy smokes! They sure played elite tonight.

• Thumbs Up 1

Down 14 in late first half?  Outscored the Wildcats 44-26 in the second half?  Shelstad goes crazy hitting threes?  The best part?  It was almost an entirely Arizona crowd there, and now they left the arena...torqued at Oregon AGAIN.

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

GODUCKS.COM

Oregon bounced back from first-half adversity to beat Arizona in the Pac-12 Tournament semifinals Friday night.

Mr. FishDuck

Mr. FishDuck

At least Colorado basketball team knows what it's like to win a big game!  Doubt Deion was watching.

• Haha 2

Dana Altman is a master at getting his team to play great late in the season, can't wait for the game tonight!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Dana Altman aligns Rubik's Cubes: Ducks to play for eternal Pac-12 Tournament title

The Oregon Ducks overcame a 14-point deficit to topple the No. 6 Arizona Wildcats in the Pac-12 Tournament semifinal matchup.

AUTZENZOO.COM

The Oregon Ducks overcame a 14-point deficit to topple the No. 6 Arizona Wildcats in the Pac-12 Tournament semifinal matchup.

Social media reacts to Oregon Ducks' massive upset over No. 6 Arizona in Pac-12 Tournament

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Oregon Ducks got a massive upset win over No. 6 Arizona in the semifinals of the Pac-12 Tournament, advancing to the finals.

This win, and it being the last game against Arizona as conference mates, brought back connected memories of those sweet defeats of the Wildcats at Mac Court when they were top ranked.   Something about Ducks stomping cats.

What was the bench technical called on Oregon for protesting the late game blocking foul REALLY about?

If it wasn't something truly egregious, was it just the PAC12 R.(m)E.F.(irst)s making sure we never them?

On 3/16/2024 at 1:25 PM, woundedknees said:

What was the bench technical called on Oregon for protesting the late game blocking foul REALLY about?

If it wasn't something truly egregious, was it just the PAC12 R.(m)E.F.(irst)s making sure we never them?

WWW.SPORTSKEEDA.COM

After last night, I wonder if Arizona has shades of Princeton 2023 dancing around in there heads.