Charles Fischer

Canzano: Oregon Harmed Oregon State in a Consequential Way

Canzano continues to play both sides, and Beaver fans eat it up as they are given comfort by John Canzano for their indignation and claims.

From Parts of His Article Today....

For years the rival schools were governed by the same board of trustees. In 2011, Senate Bill 242 was passed by a 29-1 vote. It decentralized the state’s higher education system. Each public school in Oregon got its own board vs. a single board that oversaw all the state-funded schools. Legislators believed that doing so would help the larger public universities save time and money.

Nobody thought the move would open the door for Oregon’s trustees to vote on a matter (i.e. leaving for the Big Ten) that would harm OSU in such a consequential way. “The discussion didn’t include athletics,” one lawmaker who worked on that bill told me.

----------------------------------------------

Officials at OSU and Oregon tell me they’d like to continue to play the rivalry series. The Ducks bought their way out of two games and traded a game (See: Hawaii, Texas Tech, Boise State) to make that happen in the next two seasons.

It makes sense for both schools to keep playing the Civil War. Oregon avoids having to get on a plane next season for a non-conference road game. The Ducks get to host the game in 2025, avoiding having to travel by plane for a non-conference game. Meanwhile, OSU gets a premium home game for the season-ticket package every other season.

-------------------------------------------

I found it interesting that the Oregon Legislature appropriated an extra $10 million to OSU at the very end of the last legislative session in March. The funds are earmarked for “athletic scholarships” and this was the first time the state did such a thing. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember how Canzano asked the new UO President in his recent interview..."how are you going to help Oregon State?"

You have to give Oregon State credit...they have turned their Athletic Department incompetency into a massive scam, while weak Oregon administrators are made to feel sorry and give concessions to the Pig-2. It is a shame the Pig-2 could not be as skilled at building their brand and audience, as they are at scamming fellow universities and acting as a victim.

giphy.gif

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

After the bag they got from the Whitman County judge the Beavers should pay back the $10 million allocated by the Legislature.

• Applause 1

Canzano can't face reality.

No one wants the beavs.

No one.

They don't raise the interest bar beyond their few loyal fans.

In fact, their fans are so used to losing and being non- relevant, they like the idea of finally competing in a conference they could win!

Which won't last long, as they continue to lose quality recruits.

The Beavers are one of the reasons no one east of Denver cared about the Pac12.

I'm glad I canceled his account. 

Move on already.

By the time he accepts this move, there will be another major realignment. 

Jeez...!

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

This crap will not end until OAC’s athletic department goes away.  What a waste of money.  Tax money.

I am willing to look beyond playing them at the urinal bleachers this year due to the return game to fill out our home schedule in ‘25.  Beyond that I do hope that people in the Duck AD come to their senses and drop the idea of playing them every year and definitely not home and home. How about a home-home-away configuration over 10 years?  Or how about never playing them in football?  That would be the best option.

Oregonians, I feel so sorry for you having to deal with paying for them to continue their charade.  I moved just in time I guess.

I will admit that...I do have to let this go.  It is just that I grew up in Corvallis, and truly cheered for both teams through my adult life.  I've actually had OSU season tickets along with Oregon back in the 90s...and I was there when both Oregon and Oregon State were equally bad in the 1970s.

What happened after that was innovation by Oregon and incompetency by Oregon State.  It's OK to admit that and move on, but to make us all pay for your mistakes?  Whew!

The Oregon Athletic Department and I have something in common; between my divorce and the Ducks moving to the B1G--we are both paying a big exit fee, but it leads to a better life. 

I gotta view it that way.

giphy.gif

• Salute 1
  • Applause 2
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

John will continue to play both sides.  He needs the clicks.  He will continue to buddy  up to DL and express his unrequited love for Bray and OS at the same time. Not implying he should take sides just confirming he’s a sycophant.  

I too canceled my subscription to his drivel.  I just couldn’t stand it anymore.

On 5/13/2024 at 5:29 PM, DanLduck said:

They don't raise the interest bar beyond their few loyal fans.

Their loyal fans don't give a crap about them. Their spring game was an embarrassment and not just the lousy product they put on the field. 

Oregon packed it's spring game on B1G fashion. If the pac-12 still existed the Ducks would have had the largest crowd by a mile. 

In the B1G we have an upper end turnout for the spring game but not the top. 

Oregon State fans just don't care to show up. 

They did a great job filling their stadium last year... But only half the stadium was available due to ongoing construction to SHRINK their stadium. 

I say let them go to the Big 12 (other thread) and make them pay back the money to the rest of the former PAC. 

The Big 12 is just the conference of Power left overs. 

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

The bottom line is simply that if the Beavers were presented the same offer, they would have split before the ink dried and their fans would have reveled in trash talking the Ducks as they ran out the door. I have seen very little bragging from Duck fans other than responding to hate being sent by the Beavs. The situation is akin to the slacker employee griping that a high achiever got a promotion and they didn't.

As for Canzano, he's trying to make a living as an independent sports writer and I applaud him for that. He does know where his future bread will be buttered and is trying to make points with the one local team who may have use for him in the future.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/13/2024 at 7:42 PM, Buzby said:

if the Beavers were presented the same offer, they would have split before the ink dried and their fans would have reveled in trash talking the Ducks as they ran out the door.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

I canceled him months ago myself.  

Don't miss him either lol.

I’m shocked anytime I hear someone pays (or use to) to have access to his guesses. 

🤡 

This is a ridiculous take.  "Harm" infers malice and UO has made a significant effort (at substantial cost I might add) to soften the blow by rearranging the schedule to include the rodents for the next two years.

Are they collateral damage?  Sure, but they bear a significant amount of the blame for their own lack of marketability since both schools reside in the same media market.

The current realignment phase is just plain ugly to be sure, but sorry little brother it's time to sink or swim on the merits of your own program, not the national brand down the road.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 2

On 5/14/2024 at 9:50 AM, noDucknewby said:

This is a ridiculous take.  "Harm" infers malice and UO has made a significant effort (at substantial cost I might add) to soften the blow by rearranging the schedule to include the rodents for the next two years.

Are they collateral damage?  Sure, but they bear a significant amount of the blame for their own lack of marketability since both schools reside in the same media market.

The current realignment phase is just plain ugly to be sure, but sorry little brother it's time to sink or swim on the merits of your own program, not the national brand down the road.

I’d also add we donated to WSU in a 3 team schedule trade. WSU now gets what was previously a home game for UO (Texas Tech) in Pullman, in one of the PIG2’s very few Fox worthy opponents.

Our donation provided the PIG2 two of their alleged three games worthy of a Fox broadcast. The PIG2 tv deal would be quite different if we had told them to pound sand.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Horse Hockey! Every time JC goes whiney on behalf of the Pac-2 I make certain to comment that in summary, JC is full up with fecal matter. 

This is a 'choice?' being a beta site for Apple at less than $30M a year or receiving more than half this amount as a junior partner and likely to receive $100M+ as a full partner come 2031. 

And something is owed after bending over, 'settling' a case with no claim for damages for $350M+ and going through hoops to cancel a home game vs a P4 opponent to play a G5 team on the road. 

Give me a break. But it's pay site and JC needs the dues.

On 5/13/2024 at 8:23 PM, HDuck said:

After the bag they got from the Whitman County judge the Beavers should pay back the $10 million allocated by the Legislature.

I would have accepted it better if the bag had come from a judge after litigating the matter instead of the Pac-10 simply bending over. 

On 5/13/2024 at 8:49 PM, DC Featherbutt said:

This crap will not end until OAC’s athletic department goes away.  What a waste of money.  Tax money.

I am willing to look beyond playing them at the urinal bleachers this year due to the return game to fill out our home schedule in ‘25.  Beyond that I do hope that people in the Duck AD come to their senses and drop the idea of playing them every year and definitely not home and home. How about a home-home-away configuration over 10 years?  Or how about never playing them in football?  That would be the best option.

Oregonians, I feel so sorry for you having to deal with paying for them to continue their charade.  I moved just in time I guess.

DC, good take. But the 2024-25 and 2025-26 schedules were already filled without shoehorning in 2 games versus the Nutrias. 

Canzano: Pac-12 releases TV details

OSU vs. Oregon and WSU vs. Texas Tech will air on Fox.

WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

On 5/13/2024 at 10:56 PM, Charles Fischer said:

giphy.gif

Going to Corvallis: 'It's like Czechoslovakia, it's like going into Wisconsin.

I went to Corvallis once and Lane County got the whey kicked out of it to the tune of @$8M.'  

• Wow 1

On 5/14/2024 at 1:50 PM, NJDuck said:

Canzano: Pac-12 releases TV details

WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

Pac-12 releases? Get A Grip!

On 5/13/2024 at 3:31 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I found it interesting that the Oregon Legislature appropriated an extra $10 million to OSU at the very end of the last legislative session in March. The funds are earmarked for “athletic scholarships” and this was the first time the state did such a thing. 

Is this for real?  This damn state is just ridiculous.  How is that fair, to pay for incompetence?   Never mind, as soon as I typed that out, it just answered itself.   I need to move out of Oregon and stop paying for all this crap.   But I will forever be an OBD fan!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/15/2024 at 4:16 PM, DuckFan93 said:

Is this for real?  This damn state is just ridiculous.  How is that fair, to pay for incompetence?   Never mind, as soon as I typed that out, it just answered itself.   I need to move out of Oregon and stop paying for all this crap.   But I will forever be an OBD fan!

As someone who has lived in OR, ID, NH and NC over the last two decades, every state is ridiculous in some way. This is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

• Salute 1

On 5/15/2024 at 4:28 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

As someone who has lived in OR, ID, NH and NC over the last two decades, every state is ridiculous in some way. This is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I respectfully disagree.  After retiring and retuning to Oregon in 1993 from suburban Virginia it took me 1 year to pack up and move out of Oregon for good.  What that state did to my military pension was criminal.

I have been in Las Vegas ever since and am proud to say that any tax I may pay here does not support OAC in any way.

Oregonians need to wake up in more ways than one.

• Haha 1

On 5/15/2024 at 7:28 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

COL in South Carolina is great. You cannot smoke weed but you can marry your 1st cousin. 🤣

• Haha 1

Nothing ridiculous about NV? I respectfully disagree.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Thumbs Up 1

John "OhNo" Canzano...who????🤔

The bald headed goof..