Charles Fischer

Wowsa: Fisch Begging for NIL Donations in Seattle...

You know, we are just fans watching, but it sure makes you appreciate

the people putting together things like Division Street for Oregon...

I'm sure they'll figure it out...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

If Fisch begging for NIL donations-huh!  I wonder why DeBoer left for Alabama?

200.gif

My concerns for Washington NIL...

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

It does have a catchy name, "Win Big".

247SPORTS.COM

Campaign to support the next era of Husky Student-Athletes and champions in the Big Ten

That logo on the right chest says it all "Beggers can't be choosers" 

• Haha 3
  • Mic drop 1

I am so confused, they are an academically prowess institution with so many esteemed alums who are so affluent that one  would think their NIL coffers would be over flowing.  🤔

• Haha 1

The fuskie episode of Oregon vs Them this year is going to be epic. I doubt there will even be a smoldering remnant of their program left when Lanning is done with them.

On 7/10/2024 at 6:55 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

The fuskie episode of Oregon vs Them this year is going to be epic. I doubt there will even be a smoldering remnant of their program left when Lanning is done with them.

How about 15 Straight doggy beat downs by the Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Good chance Win Big will be just another Husky wind bag.

Edited by Washington Waddler
spelling

I admire Fisch for 'getting it.'

DeBore brought Penix in but for the most part, DeBoer stepped into a ready-made gold mine. Even with a roster advantage vs most opponents, in 2023 UW won an inordinate number of 1-score games. One reason why SP+ at season's end had Oregon ranked higher than UW, and also Texas. 

Fisch knows that to recruit and portal pick today he needs money. No more faux Ivy League BS, money. Under difficult circumstances, he has UW ranked inside the 2025 recruiting rankings. Do not sell this guy short. He dropped two games last season, at USC and vs UW that Arizona could have won and then competed for a conference title.

At the 2023 season's end, AZ was one of the most dangerous teams in the nation. The Wildcats defeated the Sooners, a team that defeated PO Texas in 2023, by hanging in and not giving up. I was very happy to have the Ducks play in Tempe last season and not in Tucson. 

I hope the job at Fisch's alma mater, Florida, opens up and he follows Slick and Mari(o) home. In the long term, Fisch will put a quality product on the field. A team that will consistently be in the top third of the B1G.

However, dumping on the Huskies is all good.😍 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 7/10/2024 at 4:31 PM, Charles Fischer said:

If Fisch begging for NIL donations-huh!  I wonder why DeBoer left for Alabama?

Could it be that they are operating in the red?? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Alumni for most university have no idea what it takes to recruit athletes these days.  He has to beg because most alumni feel like the name Washington is enough to recruit the athletes.  I'm really glad Nike, Oregon and whomever else knows what it takes to recruit and set up Division Street.

• Applause 1

I am shocked how good DeBoer is doing recruiting at Alabama, which reflects really poorly on UW as a program inclusive of their NIL.

So Fisch does have an uphill battle recruiting to UW, but he hasn't made it any easier on himself telegraphing so clearly that UW is a pit stop on his way to bigger and better things. At the slightest wiff of success at UW he will be gone.

Edited by Solar
  • Thumbs Up 1

My FishDuck Friends....what is happening at Washington is simply unbelievable, as I know financial professionals who work in Seattle due to all the Tech and business people worth more than 10 million.  Microsoft, Amazon, Starbucks, etc. makes this area one of the richest on earth.

And they are not tapping it?  That is an organizational problem, a management problem of their Planned Giving Office, not a shortage of money out there.  Washington, USC, and Oregon State do not have the robust organization that Oregon does, and as fans--we are very fortunate.

Imagine a coach begging for donations!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47lsd07xf0isgwxydh31

• Haha 1
  • Applause 2

Mr. FishDuck

Solar, until Bama's on-field results drop off, IMO Bama will continue to sell itself amid fertile recruiting territory. I think DeBoer will do OK in Tuscaloosa but I see no one, even Kirby Smart duplicating what Saban did. Especially, with NIL and no restraints on transfers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1000029006.jpg

But if Washington had the money...it would be different--right?

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/11/2024 at 10:15 AM, Charles Fischer said:

1000029006.jpg

But if Washington had the money...it would be different--right?

But their split title won by election in the early 90s is relevant?

Going to be a shame when Florida fires their coach this year.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2024 at 5:16 AM, Jon Joseph said:

I admire Fisch for 'getting it.'

DeBore brought Penix in but for the most part, DeBoer stepped into a ready-made gold mine. Even with a roster advantage vs most opponents, in 2023 UW won an inordinate number of 1-score games. One reason why SP+ at season's end had Oregon ranked higher than UW, and also Texas. 

Fisch knows that to recruit and portal pick today he needs money. No more faux Ivy League BS, money. Under difficult circumstances, he has UW ranked inside the 2025 recruiting rankings. Do not sell this guy short. He dropped two games last season, at USC and vs UW that Arizona could have won and then competed for a conference title.

At the 2023 season's end, AZ was one of the most dangerous teams in the nation. The Wildcats defeated the Sooners, a team that defeated PO Texas in 2023, by hanging in and not giving up. I was very happy to have the Ducks play in Tempe last season and not in Tucson. 

I hope the job at Fisch's alma mater, Florida, opens up and he follows Slick and Mari(o) home. In the long term, Fisch will put a quality product on the field. A team that will consistently be in the top third of the B1G.

However, dumping on the Huskies is all good.😍 

You're right on this Jon. Fisch will have Washington running with three stars and the benefit of being in the Big Ten in a couple years imo.

My guess is Florida (toughest schedule in football this year) will be hiring him next season though. Napier was brought in to get Florida back on track. With all the Rashada NIL mess, and a three game losing streak to Kentucky. To go a long with Georgia dominating the sport during his tenure, I don't see him lasting another year. Too bad, so sad.

Maybe Saban will grow tired of retirement and want to come back to the Big Ten though(former Michigan State coach). Is Washington a stepping Stone program if they lose two coaches in two years to the SEC? Funny that their fans said Oregon was going to lose Lanning to Alabama.

• Thumbs Up 1

Talk about wealth, OSU alumni Jensen Huang net worth went north of $100 billion. He gave TO(the other) osu $200 million for a super computer lab, but the football program nada. 

Even if Huang gave OSU some big money, it is a given they would blow that too. The secret sauce with Oregon is they now how to run a sports program, programs. 

No other school has the complete package of facilities, coaches, support systems to win at a high level. What we read about is Oregon just has the money. That isn't the secret, but we will just let other universities think that is all there is to it, makes complete sense, yeah......

giphy.gif

• Applause 1

On 7/11/2024 at 8:56 AM, Solar said:

I am shocked how good DeBoer is doing recruiting at Alabama, which reflects really poorly on UW as a program inclusive of their NIL.

So Fisch does have an uphill battle recruiting to UW, but he hasn't made it any easier on himself telegraphing so clearly that UW is a pit stop on his way to bigger and better things. At the slightest wiff of success at UW he will be gone.

DeBoer is still running high on the Bama brand and Saban is still knocking around that program despite his retirement. 

Bama probably kicked their NIL payments up a notch because the Saban discount is somewhat gone but Bama still has a massive brand, super high expectations and prime recruiting territory. 

The question is what happens if DeBoer can't win a national championship in a couple years? His seat is going to heat up a bit then. Playoff appeances aren't good enough for Bama. 

• Applause 1