Dav3d

Neuheisel: Still a Jerk After All These Years

Of course he buries the lede...and casually mentions the 1996 Cotton bowl in passing as a drive by.  

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

”Coaches that I talk to all have this impression that Oregon has the most,” Neuheisel said, “and the most is a good place to be in that department.”

If he was a hobbit his name would be Jerky-baggins. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Take the fur off Catheisel and the colors are still there! He is a whiny, unethical little loser.

8y5rmp.jpg

• Haha 2

I think he is just saying out loud what many think, and he may not be too far of the mark if at all.

I think adds in what isn't being credited and sums it up nicely, “It’s a conglomeration of a bunch of people who are passionate about Oregon athletics that have created magic. They’re about, in my mind, getting ready to set sail and earn the spoils.”

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Applause 2

They didn't call him New Weasel for nothing.

Other schools may not have one donor financially equivalent to Knight, but they have (and have had) several donors whose financial contributions add up to a LOT. No tears for other schools in regard to NIL money.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Considering that Neuheisel has fallen out of the coaching ranks, at a time when successful coaches land huge contracts, he is where he belongs.

A healthy percentage of Sirius subscribers leave after their free trial is over after buying a new vehicle.

Siruis(ly) does anyone subscribe just to listen to his broadcast’s?

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/25/2024 at 7:00 AM, Steven A said:

“It’s a conglomeration of a bunch of people who are passionate about Oregon athletics that have created magic. They’re about, in my mind, getting ready to set sail and earn the spoils.”

Hmmm...seems the NFL-Lite world is starting to see the (Duck) writing on the wall!

I'd be "salty" too watching the "Oregon passion" bypass any and all attempts to squash its momentum.

Just DAYS left until Fall Camp.  Can't hardly wait!

Go Quackers!

• Thumbs Up 2

Sour grapes from a sour puss. 

Oregon has always smacked Newweasel teams. It's envy.

For decades the "blue bloods" of college football have had their way with top recruits, handing out cash, cars and home loans to players and their families. As Cam Newton said, " the money was too much to ignore".

Now every school can get those perks to players, above board. The playing field has been leveled. And the blue bloods don't like it.

The reality is, in the past 25 years Oregon has influenced college football more than any team since Knute Rockne and the forward pass!

Up tempo, spread offense, high scoring, fast paced, new uniforms, non- traditional colors, billboards for players, the best mascot in all of cfb, and now a giant floating Duck in Indy, as a way of saying, "ready or not, here we are"! 

The comments from the peanut gallery are " a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing".

Players and families love Oregon.

Soon, more players from the mid-west will love Oregon. They are afraid, very afraid. Cuz "we comin'".

• Great post! 2
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 7/25/2024 at 1:54 PM, DanLduck said:

The playing field has been leveled. And the blue bloods don't like it.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

For decades the "blue bloods" of college football have had their way with top recruits, handing out cash, cars and home loans to players and their families. As Cam Newton said, " the money was too much to ignore".

Now every school can get those perks to players, above board. The playing field has been leveled. And the blue bloods don't like it.

THIS!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

The article didn't read like the usual biased a**hole that Rick is.   His comments were actually very measured and respectful as he did give a lot of credits to the staff and effort for OBD's recruiting success.   

But sure it's nice to be in a position of envy for a change, a far cry from the 80s and early 90s...

• Thumbs Up 2

The playing field has been leveled. And the blue bloods don't like it.

I don't think it's been leveled... But the field's tilt has certainly changed and Oregon has reacted better than everyone. 

I don't see really any other non-traditional powers doing better, none are in the realm Oregon is in that's for sure. 

Though there are plenty of traditional powers that are struggling pretty badly. They have the resources but lack the organization to make anything of them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/25/2024 at 5:02 PM, David Marsh said:

I don't think it's been leveled... But the field's tilt has certainly changed and Oregon has reacted better than everyone. 

I don't see really any other non-traditional powers doing better, none are in the realm Oregon is in that's for sure. 

Though there are plenty of traditional powers that are struggling pretty badly. They have the resources but lack the organization to make anything of them. 

That's the point. Now everyone has access to the same or similar resources. 

Because of more TV money, most teams have upgraded their facilities.

Oregon's still rank as one of the better, but many schools have great facility improvements. Even middle tier schools. 

All schools have NIL. 

All schools have great support staff.

All schools are trying to improve via the portal (maybe not Clemson)

Etc, etc, etc.

Oregon is just doing it better.

Better support top to bottom, better organization,  better coaching too.

The resistance to Oregon the past 20 years was in large part due to our amazing success. Oregon's brand of football has changed the game and we were considered upstarts, the new kids on the block.

Even our conference was seen as weak.

Now that we are in the B1G the whiners have to come up with some excuse why we are doing so well.

They will see the results soon enough. 

Coach Lanning is starting just his 3rd season as a headcoach. He is a student of the game. I expect to see his in-game management to be improved.

Im not a Huge Rick N. fan but I thought his comments were just fine and actually very accurate, and complimentary. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/25/2024 at 7:12 PM, Duckhart2 said:

Im not a Huge Rick N. fan but I thought his comments were just fine and actually very accurate, and complimentary. 

I agree that Neu-weasel's comments in this article appear more complimentary than things he has said in the past.

But here is the context and why I think he is still being a jerk even when he's seeming to play nice.

This article is a follow up to his prior comments about oregon having "unlimited" NIL money from Phil Knight.

In that article he says nothing about the program building and coaching over many years, giving the impression that Oregon is just a checkbook. 

This article as an attempt to "clean that up" as there has been pushback from several quarters and Neuweasel wants to protect his (limited) credibility. 

But what does he do?

1) He spends the first half of the article talking about our NIL checkbook from Uncle Phil. 

2) Then he 'casually' mentions the 1996 Cotton bowl.

- A game where Colorado blew out the Ducks 38-6.

- And a game where Neuweasel calls  for a fake punt with Colorado leading 32-6 late in the fourth quarter.

- Was there any need to mention this in making a relevant point for the article? No, it's just a fart in our general direction. 

3) *Then* he starts to talk in more detail about the Ducks long and sustained effort to build the program to what it is today. 

This is called "burying the lede."  In journalism this is putting the most significant information in a story down the page where many won't bother to read it.

He could have done this a different and better way. But chose the path of jerkiness. Because he's a jerk. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Once a weasel you never change your spots. 

• Thumbs Up 2