30Duck

Stephen A Says Alabama Hired the Wrong Guy

They tried.

"It looks like they hired the wrong guy. They should’ve went and got Dan Lanning from Oregon,” Smith said. “The personality, to go from Nick Saban to DeBoer, it just seems like night and day. The level of accountability, the defense, the fluidity. I mean the roughriders, you don’t seem to be there. Listen, it’s bad. Because not only do they have two losses in the last three weeks, they should’ve lost to South Carolina. They should’ve lost three straight. I’m very, very disgusted. … It almost seems like the AD said, ‘You know what, I’ve been so exhausted dealing with Saban over the years, I need somebody that’s a bit more pleasant and ain’t going to hold me too accountable’ or something. I just don’t like what I’m seeing at Alabama right now. I’m very disgusted.”

Stephen A. Smith: Harris's Democratic convention speech was 'sensational'

Well, that guy will say anything about anything. Endlessly, at maximum volume.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think DeBoer got stupid overnight.  He is a great coach, and I'm glad he's out of our conference.  He'll turn it around...

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/22/2024 at 4:47 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I don't think DeBoer got stupid overnight.  He is a great coach, and I'm glad he's out of our conference.  He'll turn it around...

100%.  That is a ridiculous comment from SAS about a coach in his first year with a program.  

This right here is why you never want to be the first guy after a legend. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Total blowhard IMO. Why is he "very disgusted"? It's not like he went there.

On 10/22/2024 at 8:14 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

Total blowhard IMO. Why is he "very disgusted"? It's not like he went there.

Stephen A is a ring sniffer. He is a huge fan of whoever is the best team/players in each sport (except Dallas). He always loved the NBA Finals matchups between Steph and LeBron. That way he was always happy with the result.

Lanning wasn't going to Bama, so that argument is out the window.

• Thanks 1

DeBoer is excellent.

Milroe is not a DeBoer QB.

I watched the latter part of the Bama v Tenn. game and Bama receivers were open (sometimes wide open), but Milroe was throwing above, below, and behind them.

Milroe throws a nice deep ball when not pressured, and he can flat out run . . . but he needs to be able to connect on the short and intermediate throws to thrive in DeBoer's offense.

My guess is DeBoer was kind of forced to go with Milroe. Once Deboer gets his QB, look out!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/22/2024 at 5:10 PM, QuackyQuack said:

This right here is why you never want to be the first guy after a legend. 

And this right here is why Lanning didn't want the job. He's his own man and I think he wants his own legacy and not just be handed the championship baton.

• Applause 2

On 10/22/2024 at 4:47 PM, Charles Fischer said:

But his luck did seem to run out in one score games. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Deboer may not continue to recruit at the highest levels…but is a good coach.

On 10/22/2024 at 8:58 PM, cartm25 said:

DeBoer is excellent.

Milroe is not a DeBoer QB.

I watched the latter part of the Bama v Tenn. game and Bama receivers were open (sometimes wide open), but Milroe was throwing above, below, and behind them.

Milroe throws a nice deep ball when not pressured, and he can flat out run . . . but he needs to be able to connect on the short and intermediate throws to thrive in DeBoer's offense.

My guess is DeBoer was kind of forced to go with Milroe. Once Deboer gets his QB, look out!

The other players also need time to get used to his system. He should have them humming along in year 3, but patience is not something that Bama fans have in surplus.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is this the same SAS that said Ohtani isn't that great a player and that he should learn to speak English instead of relying on an interpreter? Then when he was called out for being a racist he says "I'm not a racist, I have many Asian friends."

...Because everyone has "many friends" of the race they're disparaging when they are called out on their racism! I have ilithiophobia and will never claim that SAS is a friend.

Bama missed the train, they could have hired Lincoln Riley.

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

On 10/22/2024 at 6:20 PM, 30Duck said:

They tried.

"It looks like they hired the wrong guy. They should’ve went and got Dan Lanning from Oregon,” Smith said. “The personality, to go from Nick Saban to DeBoer, it just seems like night and day. The level of accountability, the defense, the fluidity. I mean the roughriders, you don’t seem to be there. Listen, it’s bad. Because not only do they have two losses in the last three weeks, they should’ve lost to South Carolina. They should’ve lost three straight. I’m very, very disgusted. … It almost seems like the AD said, ‘You know what, I’ve been so exhausted dealing with Saban over the years, I need somebody that’s a bit more pleasant and ain’t going to hold me too accountable’ or something. I just don’t like what I’m seeing at Alabama right now. I’m very disgusted.”

Stephen A. Smith: Harris's Democratic convention speech was 'sensational'

Not surprisingly, Steven A. didn’t do his research. Alabama tried to hire Coach Dan Lanning and he told them thanks but “the grass is damn green in Eugene!”

• Great post! 1

Classic modern day pundit. Say something stupid so people will react, repeat as necessary. Nothing to see here, move along.

1moxdu.gif