Ktmguy2018

Which Other Team Are You Pulling For On Saturday?

Clearly, we all have the Oregon/Illinois game as the number one game that we will be watching/listening too.

Is there another game where a specific outcome has your interest piqued?

From a purely spiteful place, I would LOVE to see FSU come alive for once this year and beat Miami.  Miami's luck/ref help has to run out at some point!  Why not in a big rivalry game that they are expected to dominate!

Spite aside, for me the Missouri/Alabama game is interesting because I want to see if the train continues off the rails for KD. 

Come to think of it, that is pretty spiteful also.  

I may have a problem!  

• Thanks 1

I don’t care who wins, but am interested in seeing what Penn State does at Wisconsin. They had a tough time getting by SUC, so Wisconsin is probably a competitive game. 

Beyond that, there are not many compelling matchups that are of interest to me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Navy staying undefeated by beating Notre Dame would be great, yeah, go Missouri!, knock 'bama completely out of the 25. Wisky could be a trap for PSU with Ohio State next week. Rutgers over U$C tonight! How does Indiana with the back-up QB handle U dud?

Edited by 30Duck

Would like to see Texss A&M beat LSU. Seeing a fresh face sit atop the SEC would be refreshing.

And whoever plays Bama......

This would really create a quandry for the CFP selection honks.

How they will justify a 3 loss Bama getting in will be deemed creative but in fact will be pure bias....

College football may have expanded the CFP but will the Committee expand its thinking?

To our great Georgia fans, this Duck feels The Real Dawgs will win out and get to the SEC Title game.

Rooting for Indiana to beat the lesser dogs of Washington.

Go Ducks........

• Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Last night Pitt beat Syracuse, 41-13.

Notable in the game were the 3 pick-6's by Syracuse QB, Kyle McCord, who transferred from Ohio State, in the 1st half. He had two other INT's that weren't returned for touchdowns. McCord’s hellish night ended in “Play the Benny Hill theme” fashion when the former Ohio State star sacked himself on his final play of the 41-13 loss when he tripped over his own feet for a self-sack.

• Yikes! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Not Saturday, but tonight. Boise State vs. UNLV. I want to see how Jeanty does against Barry Odom's defense.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rutgers over SUC, FSU over the Fighting Marios, Indiana over the purple pups.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here we go . . . bold are my rooting interests:

BSU vs. UNLV

Rutgers vs. USC

Nebraska vs. tosu

Notre Dame vs. Navy

Washington vs. Indiana

BYU vs. UCF

Missouri vs. Alabama

Oregon State vs. Cal - Sorry, not sorry!

Texas vs. Vanderbilt

FSU vs. Miami

Penn State vs. Wisconsin

• Thumbs Up 2

Tonight - BOISE STATE at UNLV / RUTGERS at SUC and the DODGERS.

Saturday - INDIANA vs UWho / NAVY vs The Domers / FLORIDA STATE at MIA / VANDY vs The Water Bottle Bombers a/k/a Texas / UCF vs BYU / OKLAHOMA at Ole ($10M for This?) Miss / Kansas vs. K State / DUKE vs SMU / ARMY vs AFA / MO at Bama / A+M vs LSU and any team playing the xxxxxxx Yankees anytime, anywhere. 

Oh, and BOWDOIN 👍😍👍 at Trinity. 

Sorry, but We're a Junior Partner and We Need the Playoff Dues - The Fighting Franklins in Mad City and "WE Went to Eugene and Were So Screwed!" a/k/a tOSU.

• Applause 1

On 10/25/2024 at 9:13 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Tonight - BOISE STATE at UNLV / RUTGERS at SUC and the DODGERS.

Yes. I almost forgot to ask football Santa for a 20 inning World Series game of the ages tonight.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

Plenty of action!

Cal

UNLV

FSU

Army and Navy, if they’re playing 😂 

Whoever is playing ISU and BYU in the B12

Anyone with more than 1 loss in the SEC

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

Apparently $UC isn't a thing in LA anymore, which game is going to get more viewers, Boise State @ UNLV on CBS Sports Network, kickoff, 7:30 or Rutgers @ $UC, after the Yankees -Dodgers? How many Rutgers fans are watching a game starting after 11:00 at night?

On 10/25/2024 at 10:36 AM, cartm25 said:

Penn State vs. Wisconsin

I’ll be pulling for Penn State as a matchup of undefeated Oregon vs. an undefeated Penn State would be a more interesting B1G title game.

I also like Oregon’s chances in that game over a rematch with Ohio State…

• Thumbs Up 2

I think we need the B1G current heavyweights to stay that way to get four into the Playoffs.

So, I am curious about Wisconsin, since we play them, but I’ll want Penn State to win.  Ditto with Ohio State and Indiana.

Boise State winning helps our resume, and I’d love to see the overated Missouri lose. But that one is good-or-good, as Bama losing puts them out of the Playoffs.

Cal and Beavis…who cares?

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

5-2 Cincy @ 5-2 -6.5 Prime

I want Deion to lose. I want Lincoln to lose. I want Kalen to lose. I want Mario to lose.

I want Kirby to win and I really want our Ducks to win.

The rest I really don't care.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/25/2024 at 12:10 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I think we need the B1G current heavyweights to stay that way to get four into the Playoffs.

So, I am curious about Wisconsin, since we play them, but I’ll want Penn State to win.  Ditto with Ohio State and Indiana.

I agree and I’m also pulling for Boise State to run the table.

So, looking ahead, assuming that both Ohio State and Penn State win, who will you be pulling for in their matchup? Is it better to have an undefeated Penn State or two one-loss B1G teams. I would be surprised if a two loss Ohio State misses the college football playoffs.  

Edited by OregonDucks

On 10/25/2024 at 12:07 PM, OregonDucks said:

So, looking ahead, assuming that both Ohio State and Penn State win, who will you be pulling for in their matchup?

I'd much rather face Penn State, or Indiana, in the B1G Championship, than play Ohio State again...though I'll be surprised if Ohio State loses to either Penn State or Indiana.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 10/25/2024 at 10:56 AM, OregonDucks said:

I’ll be pulling for Penn State as a matchup of undefeated Oregon vs. an undefeated Penn State would be a more interesting B1G title game.

I also like Oregon’s chances in that game over a rematch with Ohio State…

Good point here.

Even when my mind knows it would be better for the Ducks, my heart tells me that I've been an underdog kinda guy my whole life.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/25/2024 at 12:31 PM, cartm25 said:

Good point here.

Even when my mind knows it would be better for the Ducks, my heart tells me that I've been an underdog kinda guy my whole life.

Washington shouldn't have beaten Oregon twice last season, part of the reason Oregon was favored in the Pac-12 Championship was because Washington won the first time, then Washington wins again. All things considered it's better if Ohio State doesn't play Oregon again this season.

The best case scenario for OBD's is that BSU and tOSU win out. Those small point victories will loom large on srlection night.

With tie breakers, it is possible that PSU and Indiana can keep OBD's out of the BIG Title game.

They would both have to beat tOSU and that diminisjes our SOS.

For this Duck fan a rematch with tOSU is a best case scenario. Howver, you all make very compelling aeguements.

First things first: beat Illinois

Bama should beat Mizzou, but they play LSU in Baton Rouge on the 9th. That game will surely be at night so that will end Bama’s playoff hopes.

On 10/25/2024 at 2:04 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Bama should beat Mizzou, but they play LSU in Baton Rouge on the 9th. That game will surely be at night so that will end Bama’s playoff hopes

It's definitely trending that way, me an' PawL sure don't see Kalen TheBore gettin' that one!

Edited by 30Duck
  • Haha 1

On 10/25/2024 at 12:07 PM, OregonDucks said:

So, looking ahead, assuming that both Ohio State and Penn State win, who will you be pulling for in their matchup?

I would want Penn State to win, as I'd like a different opponent in the B1G Championship.  But I think Ohio State has more horses, and they are going to be playing on-fire right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/25/2024 at 1:49 PM, 30Duck said:

Washington shouldn't have beaten Oregon twice last season, part of the reason Oregon was favored in the Pac-12 Championship was because Washington won the first time, then Washington wins again. All things considered it's better if Ohio State doesn't play Oregon again this season.

Trust me, I get it.

I'm not saying it's rational, in fact, I'm saying it's pure emotion.

Last thing I want to see is tosu again, but when I sit down to watch a game, I typically tune out all other factors and just focus on the teams, players, and the environment presented before me and I will naturally start to pull for one team or the other. And it rarely has to do with the downstream impacts.

When a home underdog--especially one with a fanbase that creates a great environment--starts to flex and make it a game, and the crowd is going wild, I ride the wave.

It's the best part about college football!!

Happens with me and Pigskin Pick'em and Fantasy Football. I've made picks and set my lineup, but when it's gametime I often say, "To hell with my picks/team, go (fill in team name here)!!!"

For me, college football is the ultimate "in the moment" game, and I can't help but watch it that way.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/25/2024 at 11:14 AM, DUCati855 said:

I want Deion to lose. I want Lincoln to lose. I want Kalen to lose. I want Mario to lose.

I pretty much echo this in its entirety.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1