Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
81DuckAlum

Perfect Take on "Spoiled Fans"

I don't worry about Saban. He has Aflac.

• Haha 2

On 11/24/2021 at 11:40 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

I wonder what Saban would think if the Bama fans stopped supporting him? and his $$

He will never know because the way he recruits and then coaches guys up the fans have no reason to turn on Saban. Alabama's enrollment has increased 50% since Saban arrived in Tuscaloosa. Most of the increase is made up of out-of-ste students who pay full tuition. 

Nick Saban at $9M is a bargain for Bama. Especially when considering that Mel Tucker and James Franklin will now be making close to what Saban makes.

On 11/23/2021 at 6:24 PM, 81DuckAlum said:

These guys express my feelings better than I could.  I'm really tired of the "Mario Cristobal can't coach".  

Spoiled? Why shouldn't fans of a team that played for a BCS and a Playoff championship not be spoiled? Why shouldn't the fans based on the recruiting rankings be disappointed when the team struggles against inferior competition and no shows on the road in important games?

Your record is what you are. Mario has a good but not what could have been a great, record. The Ducks should have been in the PO in 2019 and in 2021.

• Thumbs Up 1

The first game I attended at Autzen was the 1983 "Civil War", so for me, 9 or 10 wins  and a bowl game feels pretty friggin' good.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/25/2021 at 12:52 PM, Wood Duck said:

The first game I attended at Autzen was the 1983 "Civil War", so for me, 9 or 10 wins  and a bowl game feels pretty friggin' good.

Good take and of course your expectations are completely valid.. But the Pac-12 to put it bluntly, stinks. BYU is about to go 5-0 vs the Pac-12. BYU has a W vs the S division champ, Utah. As does San Diego State. Yes BYU is ranked 13 in the country but BYU also lost at home vs Boise.

2 big OOC wins by Oregon and UCLA were set off by bad Ls, including UCLA being defeated at home by Fresno. UW was missing in action in Ann Arbor. OR ST lost to Purdue. TCU beat CAL. ND thumped SC and will blow out Stanford on Saturday.

With its roster superiority Oregon should win 9 games in its sleep.

But if you are a happy fan, it's all good. What I think matters not a whit.

On 11/25/2021 at 10:52 AM, Wood Duck said:

First game for me was 1975 and 2 wins was pretty friggin’ good.

I suppose it’s easy to be a “new” fan from the Chipster days and have a higher floor. And while I want the Ducks to win a Natty as much as anyone, I’ll take every win as a blessing and not an entitlement. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Duck fans have been on a wild ride, back in the 70's with Dick Enright and Don Read in charge, and Norv Turner at QB, Autzen was a great place to go if you wanted to get away from people and noise. Then we were thrilled when Musgrave and the Ducks went to the Independence Bowl!

So close to the Championship. Sabrina and the Lady Ducks were robbed of a chance to win the Championship, and I'm as certain about them winning it all as I am that the Football team would have had a Heisman winner to go with the Championship in 2007.

Of course, "Dyer was Down!" and what if Stanford and Nelson hadn't had major drops against OH. ST.?

So many times the ring has just been out of reach.