Jon Joseph

247 Recruiting Rankings

Stanford - 15

Oregon - 31

• Thanks 1

Tree signed 20 of their 21. Oregon signed 7. Time will tell but at the end of the day Oregon will be just fine. Even if Oregon whiffs, they are loaded with very talented freshman and sophomores. Ducks are in great shape. As bad as MC is at game time coaching he did leave the UofO full of talent.

Edited by Log Haulin
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

I am not worried at all with those.  Let's see what it is after the February signing day.

Plus, I'm gonna attach a mulligan to this year's class.

• Thumbs Up 2

The biggest story in UO recruiting will be who does or doesn't sign early with other teams. Seems like DL has reached out to the group and has asked them to at least wait until he can show them his coaching staff, game plan for the future and how they play a part of the vision. Seems like most haven;t signed elsewhere yet so I'd call that a success so far.

• Thumbs Up 3

This is a transition year so of course recruiting will take a hit.  Even with Riley on board USC's recruiting ranking isn't particularly good at the moment (#82).

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/17/2021 at 1:03 PM, Steven A said:

I am not worried at all with those.  Let's see what it is after the February signing day.

Plus, I'm gonna attach a mulligan to this year's class.

Make no mistake, I am not judging, just reporting the 'facts' as reported by 247. I didn't bother to list the top teams. We all know the 'usual suspects.'

• Thanks 1

On 12/17/2021 at 10:28 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Make no mistake, I am not judging, just reporting the 'facts' as reported by 247. I didn't bother to list the top teams. We all know the 'usual suspects.'

Jon thanks for getting the ball rolling on this topic. 

My take is, as others, it's a long way to February. I admire and respect players who are willing to wait to decide. Giving Coach Lanning and staff a chance to present their vision.

If that vision and plan don't fit then they move on to the next choice 

Oregon has some obvious holes to fill. Right now......

Transfer portal is another big tool in a HC's arsenal. Just look at the Spartans and the Beavs.

Unfortunately for the Spartans, their are some big boys ahead of them in the BIG.

Oregon has no big boys ahead of them in the PAC. It's there for the taking. Just fill in the blanks, coach em up and let em play.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Does anyone have any information about T McMillan. He was supposed to sign today with us or the UA

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest KingT
On 12/17/2021 at 7:37 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Does anyone have any information about T McMillan. He was supposed to sign today with us or the UA

There was a fake Twitter showing he committed to Oregon but looks like he may have signed w/ Arizona...oddly.

The predictions for both McMillan and Moss are for "not Oregon": Moss to USC, McMillan to Arizona.

On 12/17/2021 at 8:04 PM, jrw said:

The predictions for both McMillan and Moss are for "not Oregon": Moss to USC, McMillan to Arizona.

They haven't signed yet. 

On 12/17/2021 at 8:08 PM, Log Haulin said:

They haven't signed yet. 

Tru dat. The longer they delay their decisions, the better the chances for the good guys.

• Like 1

I think this new staff will pull some extra pieces in by the normal February signing day and probably poach a few really good ones out of the portal.  If we have some decent success at all next season next year's class could easily be top 5 better than even mario cart crystal ball ever did

Mario is again killing it in recruiting and their program is over the moon.

I think it is time to realize we will do just fine with recruiting, portal finds, but the scheme and culture are the critical components we need right now. 

Let's move on from the obsession with recruiting. Frost was wrong, we can and will do very well in recruiting. 

I actually look forward to hearing Lanning talk about how the next 3* is going to be like Troy Dye, or Justin Herbert, now that would be exciting!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 6:37 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Just signed with Arizona