Charles Fischer

Uh-Oh...Grumblings Begin with Miami's Mario Cristobal

We have been discussing it here, but even some of the inside faithful at the "U" are beginning to wonder out loud about his hiring of coaches.  It makes it worse that Lanning's staff is rated so much higher...

"Some criticism is that despite significantly more money to spend than in past staffs, the waiting to hire coaches could hinder Cristobal."

Mario Cristobal Graded Outside Top 10 Coaching Changes by Alan Rubenstein of Caneswarning

With Mario Cristobal, Miami wants to get to being 'The U'

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Ah, chuckle, chuckle.

Bummer .... make that super bummer 🤣

Uh oh. Has anybody told Cane fans that grumbling isn’t allowed?

• Thumbs Up 2

62z3b7.jpg

• Haha 1

Even one of the Mario supporters in the comments section on that article has it figured out:

"At the end of the day, Mario might not be an elite coach. However, he is an elite recruiter..."

It will take some time, but the water will seek its own level.

• Thumbs Up 2

Being manhandled by Utah twice in three weeks with superior athletes and so much on the line should have caused someone to hit the pause button. Oh well, you get what you pay for...or is it you get what you deserve?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/27/2022 at 5:34 PM, John Charles said:

Being manhandled by Utah twice in three weeks with superior athletes and so much on the line should have caused someone to hit the pause button. Oh well, you get what you pay for...or is it you get what you deserve?

Getting what they paid for at 8 million a year?  Biggest con-job ever and it is legal!

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

Mr. FishDuck

Miami should have consulted Mike Leach before giving Mario 8 mil. Leach called it that first season at Oregon. 

On 1/27/2022 at 8:46 PM, Log Haulin said:

Miami should have consulted Mike Leach before giving Mario 8 mil. Leach called it that first season at Oregon. 

I must have missed what Leach said....can you elaborate because I'm sure it was humorous, if not dead on accurate?  

I think The U will rue the day it so unceremoniously dumped Manny Diaz. Manny's teams played hard every game and the QB of the future emerged. Mario: Recruiting Champ and Coaching Chump. Under Diaz, the team had a nice mix of running and passing the ball. Now? I think expectations at The U vastly exceed what a small private school with its stadium 30 miles away is going to be able to achieve. As I've asked before, did the boosters who pushed for Mario watch anything but the recruiting rankings and the Ohio State game? Have they not seen Herbert in the NFL vs Herbert under Mario?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/27/2022 at 8:46 PM, Log Haulin said:

Think it's great that the Pirate is sailing west this season to play Arizona and has other H+H series set up with Pac-12 teams.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/27/2022 at 5:41 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Getting what they paid for at 8 million a year?  Biggest con-job ever and it is legal!

And don't forget they PAID us first so they could pay him that much. 

Again... We should thank Cristobal for leaving and appropriate what he has done for our program. He left at the perfect time for us. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/27/2022 at 7:11 PM, DCDuckfan said:

I must have missed what Leach said....can you elaborate because I'm sure it was humorous, if not dead on accurate?  

"I just beat him with my guys, imagine what I could do with his guys"

When asked about Mario.

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 5

On 1/27/2022 at 2:45 PM, Charles Fischer said:

We have been discussing it here, but even some of the inside faithful at the "U" are beginning to wonder out loud about his hiring of coaches.  It makes it worse that Lanning's staff is rated so much higher...

"Some criticism is that despite significantly more money to spend than in past staffs, the waiting to hire coaches could hinder Cristobal."

Mario Cristobal Graded Outside Top 10 Coaching Changes by Alan Rubenstein of Caneswarning

With Mario Cristobal, Miami wants to get to being 'The U'

Hope he flames out!

I’m surprised he is picking up recruits with no coordinators on board.

On 1/29/2022 at 2:27 PM, Just Ducky said:

I’m surprised he is picking up recruits with no coordinators on board.

NIL $?

Still surprised even with nil money. Guess these kids aren’t thinking about the next jump.