Charles Fischer

FAST Cornerback Just Verballed to Oregon

Khamari Terrell is a three star on Rivals, but he is the fastest quarter-miler on the track in the nation.  Raw with huge upside; was offered by Clemson, Baylor, Florida, LSU and USC as well.

image.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

It's looking good for Florence lately. Could the Ducks lock down both sides of the field now?

Can’t teach speed, this kid seems to have it along with stamina. The 400 is one of the toughest to run in track.

Oh, that would be a contest to me as to which I hated worse...the 400 or the 800!  Of course that was 49 years ago, and I did not exactly have the right body profile. Both were a struggle...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 3

Mr. FishDuck

I wonder if he got the Hayward tour? Bring on the speed Coach Lanning!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/28/2022 at 2:53 PM, Just Ducky said:

Can’t teach speed, this kid seems to have it along with stamina. The 400 is one of the toughest to run in track.

Yeah, it's basically a long sprint!

I ran it a life time ago...that and the 800.

I preferred the 400 to the 200, and actually the 800 over both, more time for a kick at the end. 

On 1/28/2022 at 3:20 PM, Haywarduck said:

I wonder if he got the Hayward tour? Bring on the speed Coach Lanning!

My thoughts exactly.

On 1/28/2022 at 3:06 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Oh, that would be a contest to me as to which I hated worse...the 400 or the 800!  Of course that was 49 years ago, and I did not exactly have the right body profile. Both were a struggle...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I hated both of those races. The 100 and 200 were more to my liking.

A darn good get out of Texas.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seems like we always get good players out Texas. 

• Thumbs Up 1

We really need some speedsters ... Feel like that has been missing lately. 

• Thumbs Up 2

400 / 800 sorry, not saying which was my SATs

• Haha 1

Bringing BACK the Brand?

2012: Stanford's Revenge – Oregon Revisited | Preferred Walk-ons

• Thumbs Up 4

Mr. FishDuck

The Duck is about speed!!!

On 1/28/2022 at 5:14 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Bringing BACK the Brand?

2012: Stanford's Revenge – Oregon Revisited | Preferred Walk-ons

Dat was something, worth the price of admission that is for sure!

The post Pete Carroll era where they wanted to put DAT on defense. What a joke putting that much talent on the defensive side of the ball. This is what has made Oregon great for decades, put the speed on the O side and let the D try and keep up. 

• Thumbs Up 1

the 400 is for masochists

• Haha 1

On 1/28/2022 at 5:58 PM, DR Hilarius said:

the 400 is for masochists

I prefer flip flops

• Haha 1

Lucky for me, there were a couple twin brothers who were considerably more consistent winners in the 400 than I was.

I was on the Oregon track team as a freshman (javelin) and was around our sprinters for some workouts,  The guys who ran the 400 always seemed to be the best all around athletes on the team, next to the pole vaulters.  It’s a gut bomb race.

Years later, my daughter was about to run her first 400 in a middle school track meet. I joked to her before the start that in the 400, if you don’t puke at the end of the race, you probably weren’t running hard enough.  She went wide eyed. And then she went out and torched the field by at least 20 meters.  Didn’t puke though. She still brings that story up.  Sometimes, it’s just fun being a parent.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Here is my speed story ... played all sports but primarily baseball growing up. I was no track star but better than average speed. Long story short I run into an old friend from school. We were both 40 years old at the time. Anyway, he tells me he is playing in a hardball league down here in Long Beach and asked if I wanted to play. I was better than him back in the day so thought if he is playing no big deal count me in.

First game I get lucky and hit a line drive in the gap. Remember how when you play baseball you know when you hit it in the gap hard it is an easy double. My brain thinks that very thought. Problem was I am now 40 and not quite as fast. I swear it felt like it took me five minutes to get to 2nd base. I kept thinking when am I going to get there...lol. The outfielder missed the cutoff man or I would have been out by a good ten feet.

My friend had a good laugh. At least I didn't pull a hammy.

• Haha 1

I'm old enough that there was no 400m when I ran track.  We had the 440 yard run...long before the metric world came to the U.S.  My last run almost killed me and left me with lasting heart problems.  No sirree.  That long sprint isn't for the weak of mind or body.  And I think I must have been both.

And now that I'm a really really old grey beard (mustache that is), I can see that old age isn't for amateurs...or former, crappy 440 athletes.  😞

Edited by Mudslide
  • Haha 1