30Duck

Dillingham's Offense: "A System for Playmakers"

• Thumbs Up 1

From others paraphrasing...

Kenny Dillingham (OC) says Dan Lanning is the best X&Os guy he’s ever been around.

Dillingham says Oregon is THE program on the West Coast.

Dillingham: Wants a Pro-Style offense that plays fast. "We want 80 snaps a game and to be explosive." He talks about creating matchup advantages and getting players touches. His system built for playmakers who can win 1 on 1 matchups.

Dillingham: People think of Oregon as being a fast fun explosive offense, and we need to brand and sell that and use that.

"I was just in the south for 4-5 years and when they think of west coast football who do they think of? OREGON"

Coach Dillingham (@KennyDillingham) / Twitter

My FishDuck Friends...pardon me while I go change my pants...

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 8
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 2/2/2022 at 9:25 AM, Charles Fischer said:

"I was just in the south for 4-5 years and when they think of west coast football who do they think of? OREGON"

Please help change that back to, "In the south, and really throughout the country, when they think of west coast football who do they fear, OREGON!"

• Thumbs Up 6

So glad to hear that Cristobal did not completely kill the brand, and that Dillingham wants to bring it back!

Charles Nelson 2015_John Sperry.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

Mr. FishDuck

I miss the 2 to 3 play scoring drive that takes less than a minute. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2/2/2022 at 9:41 AM, Drake said:

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2/2/2022 at 9:34 AM, Charles Fischer said:

So glad to hear that Cristobal did not completely kill the brand, and that Dillingham wants to bring it back!

It’s funny, but progress sometimes requires a gut check. Mario provided that; he backed us into a corner and made us look in the mirror and decide on who we really are. Not a bad thing. Thanks Mario!

• Thumbs Up 2

You cannot imagine how happy I am....

giphy.gif

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

From others paraphrasing...

Kenny Dillingham (OC) says Dan Lanning is the best X&Os guy he’s ever been around.

Dillingham says Oregon is THE program on the West Coast.

Dillingham: Wants a Pro-Style offense that plays fast. "We want 80 snaps a game and to be explosive." He talks about creating matchup advantages and getting players touches. His system built for playmakers who can win 1 on 1 matchups.

Dillingham: People think of Oregon as being a fast fun explosive offense, and we need to brand and sell that and use that.

My FishDuck Friends...pardon me while I go change my pants...

LOL!!!

Charles, my grandson just blew chocolate milk out his nose... You quacked him up.

Luckily, the dawg is on cleanup duty.

• Haha 4

On 2/2/2022 at 12:41 PM, Drake said:

Yes, then the other teams offense comes on the field feeling the pressure to score themselves. They make mistakes, ends u a three and out or turnover and our guys come back out and do it all again! Excited!

• Thumbs Up 2

But, what about toughness? And physicality? And toughness and physicality? And toughness?

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/2/2022 at 11:14 AM, jrw said:

But, what about toughness? And physicality? And toughness and physicality? And toughness?

You just about made me hurl!  🤮

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 2/2/2022 at 10:06 AM, Charles Fischer said:

You cannot imagine how happy I am....

giphy.gif

This Charles, is not a cat but I still like.

On 2/2/2022 at 12:05 PM, EzDucksIt said:

This Charles, is not a cat but I still like.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

• Thumbs Up 1

I’m so excited, I just can’t hide it, I know I know I know I want you I want you. Thank you Pointer Sisters.

I find the notion of a fast-paced pro-style offense very intriguing: both in terms of strategy right now and also how it relates to Oregon's past. Playing with speed is pure Kelly/Helfrich, of course, but returning to a pro-style offense for the first time since the mid-2000s brings us full-circle back to Mike Bellotti and Rich Brooks days.

I suspect that a creative pro-style offense can be very dynamic in this case, and it doesn't have to mean we become Stanford or the New York Giants. I mean, it created a Rose Bowl passing record in January 1995 that stood for 27 years!

• Thumbs Up 2

Coach Boles is getting back to us on this, but he believes the "Pro-Style" has to do with a sophisticated passing attack, while running the Spread Offense as Dillingham did in the past.  And as we saw in an earlier analysis by Coach Boles, Dillingham will snap under center inside the five yard line.

I like all I've read/heard thus far!

• Thumbs Up 4

Mr. FishDuck

Kenny Dillingham (OC) says Dan Lanning is the best X&Os guy he’s ever been around

With that plus the already known fact that Lanning is an elite recruiter, THANK YOU Miami for paying us $9M to upgrade our Duck coach!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 3:07 PM, AllOregon said:

THANK YOU Miami for paying us $9M to upgrade our Duck coach!

This!

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1