• Josh Conerly
  • Lebbeus Overton
  • Jayden Wayne
  • Matayo Uiagalelei
  • Riley Williams
  • Mitchell Agude

Copy-of-Copy-of-four-star-julian-phillip
WWW.ON3.COM

Add another elite defensive lineman to the list. Lincoln (Wash.) star Jayden Wayne will visit Oregon this weekend.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Lanning signs any 2 from that list it would be a huge win.

Edited by kirklandduck
Typo
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hate to be greedy can we get 4 from that list??  😀

Friends, help me please.

Why is this weekend a particularly good weekend to host this kind of talent? I think this Conerly's 2nd visit? Don't know about the other guys. Isn't this a 'dead' sports weekend on campus?

Make no mistake, I'm happy all these guys are tripping to Eugene but I'm confused as to why so many guys are coming this weekend when they cannot experience a football weekend.

Thanks.

On 3/9/2022 at 9:42 AM, Quackerbacker said:

Hate to be greedy can we get 4 from that list??  😀

Oh definitely 😄 I'm just staying a 33% successful sign rate on high 4* and 5* visitors is a number I can live with!

On 3/9/2022 at 9:46 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Friends, help me please.

Why is this weekend a particularly good weekend to host this kind of talent? I think this Conerly's 2nd visit? Don't know about the other guys. Isn't this a 'dead' sports weekend on campus?

Make no mistake, I'm happy all these guys are tripping to Eugene but I'm confused as to why so many guys are coming this weekend when they cannot experience a football weekend.

Thanks.

....pizza party?  

Matt Leblanc Reaction GIF

Edited by kirklandduck
  • Haha 2

On 3/9/2022 at 12:50 PM, kirklandduck said:

....pizza party?  

I was thinking more along the lines of a toga party?

• Haha 1

Friends, help me please.

Thanks.

Maybe it's because the recruits will be able to spend more time talking to the coaches (and the coaches to them)? They can take a little more time to show them the facilities, etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just saw on another site these additional attendees this weekend:

4 star Jaiden Ausberry 2023 LB

4 star Dylan Raiola  2024 QB

4 star Kyler Kasper  2023 Receiver

4 star Daylen Austin 2023 CB

Darius Curry 2024 QB (unrated)

3 star My'Keil Gardner 2023 DL

Wow!  Dan Lanning and co.  Kickin it right now!!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/9/2022 at 9:52 AM, Jon Joseph said:

I was thinking more along the lines of a toga party?

Maybe!  Though when I was 17 I was all about pizza too...probably the reason why I didn't make it to being a pro tennis player 😛 lol

• Haha 1

Friends, help me please.

Thanks.

My guess is the start of spring practice.  The second session is scheduled for Saturday which means the visitors will be around the entire team and coaching staff.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 3/9/2022 at 12:54 PM, kirklandduck said:

Maybe!  Though when I was 17 I was all about pizza too...probably the reason why I didn't make it to being a pro tennis player 😛 lol

I'd like to think this is why I didn't play in the NHL but it was not too much pizza, it was too little talent.

Friends, help me please.

Thanks.

Hey Jon--I am guessing, but what I know of recruiting....1) get them in when they want, and if they want now--better than none at all.  2) When you have a big group like this...you can pull all the stops out and have celebrity Oregon former players on hand, for example--really go all-out, vs. what would happen for one recruit visiting.

3) Showing the recruits how the staff actually operates with practices and interacts with current players helps the recruits and the parents.  4) Two of those guys are deciding soon for 2022 still, and if this can seal-the-deal....do it.  5) Many of the 2023 recruits want to decide this spring and summer to get the decision out of the way before football season so they can focus upon their senior season and not the hassle of recruiting.

Frankly....this has turned out to be a MUCH bigger weekend for recruiting than most of us thought.  See the thread about the Lanning interview and scroll down and see some of my quotes about recruiting from Lanning...

Or, I am full-of-it, and am just guessing like everyone else!

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Why is this weekend a particularly good weekend to host this kind of talent?

Maybe this is just the way recruiting rolls with Mr. Lanning at the helm. 😛

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/9/2022 at 1:16 PM, jrw said:

Maybe this is just the way recruiting rolls with Mr. Lanning at the helm. 😛

Would be interesting to see if this is the methodology at Georgia?

I have to admit, I really like this. Peer pressure is a strong force, and if you can convince one or two to commit, then others might likely follow. Success breeds further success and if we can just get one of those guys excited and wanting on board, then it's quite possible we end up with 4-5 🙂

• Thumbs Up 2

I find it amazing we are even able to ask why this weekend. It use to be I would just wish one of those guys would have us on their list, let along visit. Wasn't the old line come to Eugene, and have a buffet brunch at the Valley River Center, now it's a bit more compelling!

681kw3.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The recruits are going to get the feel....that Oregon football is about to take off--be a part of it!

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 3/9/2022 at 11:54 AM, Charles Fischer said:

The recruits are going to get the feel....that Oregon football is about to take off--be a part of it!

I can see some sort of pitch on the theme of help build the track to a championship here or ride someone else’s train there.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/9/2022 at 8:42 AM, jrw said:

The 4* DL is coming to visit this weekend

So, that makes the visitor list pretty impressive:

• Josh Conerly
  • Lebbeus Overton
  • Jayden Wayne
  • Matayo Uiagalelei
  • Riley Williams
  • Mitchell Agude

Copy-of-Copy-of-four-star-julian-phillip
WWW.ON3.COM

Add another elite defensive lineman to the list. Lincoln (Wash.) star Jayden Wayne will visit Oregon this weekend.

Jayden Wayne, because I love the keen ofDawgs crying in the wilderness of despair..

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Axel
On 3/9/2022 at 11:54 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Coach Lanning has emphasized that recruiting is a 24/7 endeavor 365 1/4 days per year. I expect great things from the effort. From all indications, Lanning is bringing a level of commitment and focus that we've never seen in Eugene. He won't be satisfied with mere Pac-12 championships and Rose Bowl appearances. He has a vision to take the Ducks to multiple playoff berths and not one, but several, national championships. 

If Lanning falls short and wins just one national championship in the next four or five seasons, I'll consider it a huge success. 

I also look for Lanning to get his guys, not just the top recruits. The reason it takes so much time for Saban and Alabama to recruit, is he studies each recruit, and does extensive research on each student athlete. I think Lanning is going to be doing this type of deep dive too. My hope is there is less dead wood on the bench, and more guys ready to step up like Bassa did last year. I mean a freshman safety stepping up to play well at LB, we need more Bassa's!

• Thumbs Up 3

On 3/9/2022 at 3:19 PM, Axel said:

Coach Lanning has emphasized that recruiting is a 24/7 endeavor 365 1/4 days per year. I expect great things from the effort. From all indications, Lanning is bringing a level of commitment and focus that we've never seen in Eugene. He won't be satisfied with mere Pac-12 championships and Rose Bowl appearances. He has a vision to take the Ducks to multiple playoff berths and not one, but several, national championships. 

If Lanning falls short and wins just one national championship in the next four or five seasons, I'll consider it a huge success. 

We have a 4 team field through the 2025 season. First, Oregon needs to make the final 4. To win the 1st title before 2026? That means you have to defeat at least one very good team and one beast.

And the delay between the conference champ games and the playoff semifinals only serves to benefit the big boys who have time to get guys healed up.

What happens after 2025? The answer to this question has to be resolved in 30 months or so to have a package to sell to the media. As of now there is no consensus on a number of major issues, 8 teams versus 12 for instance, that have to be resolved. And no one including GK is going to put the final stamp of approval on playoff expansion without knowing the dollars involved and the distribution of same come 2026. 

Today, the P5 gets about 75% of the playoff money. Will the G5 even be in the mix after 2025? Politics says 'Yes' in some manner or another. Will Notre Dame keep its seat at the table? Will the 'new B12' be a P5 conference.

Lots of questions that have to be answered but if any conference needs additional PO $ and access, it's the Pac-12.

The schedule in 2022 is brutal. Come 2023, with Lanning having a year's experience, at Texas Tech replacing 'at' Georgia, and with 4, not 5 conference road games, the Ducks will have a shot at the final 4.

I feel that a benefit of having all these top recruits together is "group mentality". They're all there together hearing the coaches, touring the No.1 facilities and Hayward Field together. That bonding can be huge. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Friends, help me please.

Thanks.

It might be that the Ducks have their NIL packages figured out and now is the time to act. I’m with you John it is a little strange or maybe steelhead fishing is hot on the McEnzie River. But if he lands 2 or 3 of these studs it will be sweet indeed.

On 3/9/2022 at 4:25 PM, 30Duck said:

I feel that a benefit of having all these top recruits together is "group mentality". They're all there together hearing the coaches, touring the No.1 facilities and Hayward Field together. That bonding can be huge. 

I think there is a lot to be said for this. Get all these guys together, have them bond on campus at UO, and with current players. 

This could be a big, big weekend for Oregon Football!

I know it means very little, but I have a really good feeling about this weekend that several of these guys will end up at Oregon.