Smith72

10 Minutes With OL Coach Adrian Klemm: 'We Are Getting Better Each Day'

His NFL experience and knowledge as a player (3 Super Bowl rings) and coach is an awesome addition to Oregon Football!

The Offensive Line can't help but improve a great amount this season!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

This was an awesome interview, and thanks for posting it Coach!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Klemm said, "We want to rep it enough to have "unconscious competence."

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Very articulate. Like his persona. Like his philosophy. We are going to shock the naysayers. 

• Like 1

What a great quote, "when you get up to that level (NFL) you got to be a grown a** man and be able to move a guy off a point". Love it.

And again, "I want to be able to impose our will on the defense".

We've heard that before, but, somehow I believe it more. We'll see.

Mr. Fishduck, you must be so excited to see changes in our O-line. I bet you wish you could suit up!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

He definitely alludes to technique he is coaching wasn't being taught under the previous coaching group. He also seems to intimate the previous coaches didn't teach techniques necessary to dominate off the ball. He was very careful and respectful, but if you read between the lines he seems to indicate we will see a very different O-line this year.

He may not have been on a national championship college team, but he played and coached at a level we haven't seen at this position. No disrespect towards Coach Greatwood, one of our greatest assistant coaches ever. I think the level of development and play is going to excel like we haven't seen in a while. This could turn out to be one of the best of his very good hiring at assistant coaches, I hope so.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not to totally diss the previous O-line coach who helped put Sewell and a couple other guys in the NFL, but Klemm could bench press two Mirabals stacked together while eating a sandwich. He is guy that actually did it at the highest level and his players will listen and execute for him.

• Thumbs Up 4

Mario was a back up on a college champion before playing in Europe. Klemm was a grown a** man collecting super bowl rings. Let's not forget that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cristobal wasn’t anywhere as talented as a player or even experienced as Klemm.

3 rings=walk the walk. 

Mirabal has no player type credibility. He’s smaller than most pop Warner lineman. 

Oregon has improved its coaching talent immensely at OL and I think in many areas. 

Development was lacking these past years. optimism abounds. 

• Thumbs Up 1

A detailed look at the OL performance from his time at UCLA.  Certainly not a glowing review.  Troubling but I also remember USC fired Steve Greatwood and he is the Oregon gold standard.  Many Ducks celebrated when Andy Ludwig departed yet he is highly regarded at Utah.  A lot depends on right time, right place. 

I will leave it to the football technicians to critique the article.

1234599901.jpg
WWW.ADDICTEDTOQUACK.COM

Reviewing the film from UCLA’s 2015 and 2016 seasons, offensive line performance and NFL futures

The following statement from the article is quite telling!

"..............since putting 75% of one’s active roster in the league over a two-year span would make Klemm the most successful position coach by that metric I’ve ever studied".

• Thumbs Up 3