Annie

Will There Actually Be 50,000 at the Spring Game?

I hope there will be 50,000 there, but in the past I don't think there's been anything close to that.

BTW, I saw in a Duck email that there will be free bus shuttles to the Spring Game tomorrow from VRC. That was the first and only time I heard about the buses. Have not heard about them on TV or radio or seen anything on twitter. I hope enough people have heard about the shuttles to make it worthwhile.

On 4/22/2022 at 7:37 AM, Annie said:

I hope there will be 50,000 there, but in the past I don't think there's been anything close to that.

BTW, I saw in a Duck email that there will be free bus shuttles to the Spring Game tomorrow from VRC. That was the first and only time I heard about the buses. Have not heard about them on TV or radio or seen anything on twitter. I hope enough people have heard about the shuttles to make it worthwhile.

Nice font versatility….how do you do that?

On 4/22/2022 at 8:18 AM, DUCKED said:

Nice font versatility….how do you do that?

I had copied from an email I sent to a friend, and when I pasted it in, the font stayed the same. So I left it that way. 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

How many games will it take UW to have a cumulative attendance of 43K, let alone 50K?

• Haha 4

for those pondering the question, I quickly looked up Montana’s grizzly stadium capacity- 25,214. 

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2022 at 12:28 PM, 30Duck said:

How many games will it take UW to have a cumulative attendance of 43K, let alone 50K?

Love it! But UW compared to many other teams in the league does OK with attendance.

UW along with Oregon and USC are the 3 Pac-12 schools in the CFB revenue top 25.

I was there for the 45k it was amazing but watch out for tomorrow. This is where we start shocking everyone.

• Thumbs Up 2

I am quite skeptical; if we break 30,000 tomorrow...that would be amazing to me. 

And it would challenge the average attendance for regular season games for Oregon State!  (30,500!)

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 4/22/2022 at 3:58 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

here is a list of the college football top revenue schools.

Thank you. Yes, Texas is a football mad state.

On 4/22/2022 at 11:57 AM, Charles Fischer said:

I am quite skeptical; if we break 30,000 tomorrow...that would be amazing to me. 

42,000 announced. Probably generous.

- Some of the transfers in will help this team

- The QB's have talent and one or more will take charge by mid season

- The offense will be fun to watch this season and beyond

- The RB's are going to produce good stats this season

- The game was fairly clean of mistakes for a Spring Game

- Thornton and Cota looked good. Franklin flashed some potential

- LB's look good and will be a strength

It's a long time until September 3rd, but it will come quickly.

Edited by Notalot
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/23/2022 at 2:53 PM, Notalot said:

42,000 announced. Probably generous.

The take from Canzano

• A staffer in Oregon’s sports information department leaned in to me on Saturday as the spring game went to the fourth quarter and told me, “We’re estimating 42,000 in attendance today. That’s an estimate.” It was a sunny day with temperatures in the 60s and the turnout was tremendous. It felt more like 25,000-30,000 to me. It’s their house, though.

Just having watched the highlight video, I would say if there were 42,000 people there, Autzen would be a 80,000+ person stadium! But, most players gain an inch and 10-20 pounds in the official game program roster, so I am not going to complain about the number 😆

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks better than I thought.

I think there was close to 35,000....more than a regular Beaver game!  (30,500 average last year)

Mr. FishDuck