Charles Fischer

Washington Back in Bowl in 2022: 'Definitely Maybe'

The pre-season anointing of the Huskies never ends, although the bar does get lower every year!  (Did you know they refer to Oregon as "UNK?")

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

About as likely as it is for Axel to purchase anything purple.

• Haha 4

UW should make a bowl game this year, they still have about the third most blue-chips on their roster in the PAC 12. 

They made a great hire in DeBoer, a coach I'd have taken at Oregon. This guy was Chip Kelly good as head at NAIA Sioux Falls and won 3 Nattys and some ridiculous type record of 60-5 or something. DeBoer was phenomenal and might just shake out as a great big time college football coach.

DeBoer was at Fresno St in 2017 - 2018 as the OC under the mentorship of Jeff Tedford, a quality HC. 

Deboer then went Indiana in 2019 as the OC and worked with OB Penix Jr who transferred to UW.

Then when Tedford retired Frenso brought him back as the HC in 2020, last year he led Fresno to a 9-3 season. They played Oregon tough to a one score game and beat UCLA, both games on the road.

This Dude can coach. He has Penix Jr,, 4-star Dylan Morris at QB who both have good game experience and 5-star Sam Huard coming into his second year. He gets a 2-time 1st Team All Pac tackle Kirkland back from injury, and that's HUGE as the OL underperformed for the talent they had last year. He has a couple WR's back, UW usually has some dudes who can run the ball. They also added a couple WR and at least one RB from the Portal. 

The defense seems iffy, they weren't beasts on the DL last year. Edge Tupa- Fetia who was 2nd team All American in 2020, and maybe their best LB were both out what seemed to be most of last year. Getting these two guys back and if 5-star Sav'ell Smalls breaks out it will be a huge lift. Smalls is a guy to watch, I wanted the Ducks to land this kid two years ago. They lost two stating DB's to the NFL but Jimmy Lake was a great DB coach and recruiter so they cupboard shouldn't be bare there. I know they brought in a starting DB from the Portal and a LB from Pitt who was a starter.

This UW team should have around four OL on roster who were 4-stars and should be starting, they should have three kids 4 star or higher at DL/Edge. They should still have a couple 4 -star LB, WR, and DB's to mix with the transfers. 

BeBoer should be able to turn them like Slick Willie did the Ducks in his first year. I say 7-5 with losses to Mich State, Beavers, Tree, Ducks, UCLA.

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Washington should start finding the end zone again and make a quick return to competency. 

On 6/24/2022 at 10:26 AM, DazeNconfused said:

BeBoer should be able to turn them like Slick Willie did the Ducks in his first year. I say 7-5 with losses to Mich State, Beavers, Tree, Ducks, UCLA.

Superb analysis, and I appreciate the information!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Guest Axel

Washington Husky fans are in a heightened state of derangement this morning over a dubious Internet article that says that their pathetic excuse for a football team “definitely maybe,” might, could, possibly, flip a coin why don’t you, return to a bowl game this season.

It has been reported, although we cannot confirm it, that some Husky fans have actually shown a sort of half-ass smile for the first time in eight months. Again, we cannot confirm this development. This type of expression is highly unusual for Husky fans, whose daily emotions generally run from abject despondency to mindless rage.

The downside for the miserable Huskies is that this season they’ll need to put their helmets on frontwards, not fumble the ball every other play, and prevent other teams from jamming the ball down their perverted throats. In other words, witless Washington faces the monumental, seemingly insurmountable task of outscoring their opponents, not once, but six times this year.

The loathsome Huskies benefit by opening 2022 with two cream puffs—Kent State and Portland State. Or maybe it’s one maple bar and one jelly donut--you get the idea. (Of course, the pitiful pups opened against a bunch of nobodies called the Griz last year, a hilarious debacle that ushered in Washington’s hapless season.)

If they could, the Huskies would schedule 12 games against the likes of Captain Ivar’s Culinary College and Sister Mary Elephant Tech. Washington looks forward to playing Oregon like wildebeests look forward to playing with lions. If the Huskies could come up with the right excuse, they’d reschedule the Apple Cup, scratch Wazzou, and play the employees of the Seattle Zoo.

A rational football aficionado will tell you that finding six wins for Washington this year is almost as difficult as finding a Husky fan with an I.Q. higher than Seattle’s average annual temperature. (No, it’s not 60. Lower.)

The author of the article that says the Huskies can “definitely maybe” return to a bowl game this season has “definitely maybe” heard that four-win teams will now be bowl eligible. If so, we can “definitely maybe” imagine the feeble Huskies matched up in the Birdbrain Bowl against an almond croissant or a glazed cruller from an up-and-coming gridiron power like Guam State.

On 6/24/2022 at 10:58 AM, Axel said:

It has been reported, although we cannot confirm it, that some Husky fans have actually shown a sort of half-ass smile for the first time in eight months. Again, we cannot confirm this development. This type of expression is highly unusual for Husky fans, whose daily emotions generally run from abject despondency to mindless rage.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/24/2022 at 10:26 AM, DazeNconfused said:

I agree I thinking that DeBoer will get the Huskies back to a bowl game this year. The Huskies roster is still good but there in lies the problem. 

Their roster is still good... Now... But recruiting wise they have been failing and with the transfer portal they are also bleeding talent. So how good will this roster continue to be? 

Listen, they only need to win 6 games. Even Udub can do that. And yes, DeBoer is a great coach. In the end, his hire might be more significant than Riley.

UW, WSU, USC, and Oregon should all show significant improvement with their new coaches. Yet, it is delightful to see them dawgs hoping for a minimum of 6 wins to get back to a bowl game, any bowl game.

• Haha 1

Drinking from it or living in it--the huskies are definitely going bowling

08908BDF-39D1-4C90-894E-B6D89A3B09A1.jpeg

• Haha 3
  • Mic drop 2
  • Applause 1

UW can be better which is better for the Pac. I do believe Deboer is a good coach. We just have to and will maintain our DOMINANCE and the universe will be right.

Go Ducks Fly High

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/24/2022 at 10:45 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Superb analysis, and I appreciate the information!

I think when you look at UW talent and what Jimmy Lake did last year it's damming. You couldn't have done much worse than Lake did as HC. 

I mean Lake hired Donovan as OC who Coach Franklin had ran out of Penn St.

Then Franklin hired Moorhead replaced him and the offense was way better. Lake should have known what he was getting in Donvan who he fired mid-year after the Duck game. 

UW did good to fire Lake and get an offensive coach in DeBoer. Charles you're an offensive mind guy, go back and watch DeBoer sets he used against the Ducks last year. DeBoer is a everything and the kitchen sink type guy. Through Fresno games I saw last year he ran all kind of stuff I can't even keep up with. He runs tons of different set/motions., way over my head but I like it.

Empty

Empty with a H back off the line

11 personnel with RB ,TE and H back to one side and then motion them to other side

10 with pistol back

10 under center with a H Back with Z motion

10 Shotgun Pistol Back with 2x2 set with and without motion

20 Pistol H Back 2x1 set

11 Bunch with motion and a sweep

10 with H back 2x1 set and no motion pass play or motion a sweep off the set

10 with a 3 set to field side with motion back to the boundry side and send the back out for pass in the flat on boundry

I might not even have described all these sets I saw correctly and he ran more than I can recall. He sows confusion watching the darn game with all his sets that he goes multiple off of. I just know you see lots of different sets and he can run anything off them. 

Deboer is going to make the UW offense twice as good as last year instantly.  Of course, after all the Mario ball I might have just been easily dazzled watching DeBoer? HAHA

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Great post! 2

On 6/24/2022 at 11:25 AM, David Marsh said:

I agree I thinking that DeBoer will get the Huskies back to a bowl game this year. The Huskies roster is still good but there in lies the problem. 

Their roster is still good... Now... But recruiting wise they have been failing and with the transfer portal they are also bleeding talent. So how good will this roster continue to be? 

I totally agree. Deboer needs a turnaround season to give him a boost recruiting, and he will need to work the Portal. 

Ok Axel you hit it out of the ball park again,  seriously funny!!  

Kudos also to Vandownbytheriverduck.   

You guys please don't stop with your posts that was hilarious!!  😅

Guest Axel
On 6/24/2022 at 11:25 AM, David Marsh said:

recruiting wise they have been failing and with the transfer portal they are also bleeding talent. So how good will this roster continue to be? 

Whenever we can put "failing" and "bleeding talent" in a sentence regarding the Huskies it is a good day. Correct that--a great day. DeBoer has good-enough credentials to coach Washington. But then, in my opinion, an orangutan has good enough credentials to hold a clipboard and stand on the sidelines at Husky Stadium.

We're not saying that DeBoer walked into a toxic situation, but when he signed on as Huskies coach, he was issued a Geiger counter. Seattle has earned designation on the National Register of Historic Sewers, which makes it the perfect spot for the University of Washington. The Husky brand--a bit of a joke to begin with--is now rip-roaringly ridiculed by everyone, including in-state recruits who want no part of muttdom. Current Huskies are hitting the transfer portal like kids rushing onto the King Arthur Carousel in Fantasyland.

The Huskies will maintain a certain consistency of sorts this year--they'll lose a lot--to Michigan State, Stanford, UCLA, California, Oregon State, and Washington State. Against Our Beloved Ducks, the wonderless Huskies will get boat-raced out of Autzen Stadium. Vegas is taking bets on whether the Huskies will even come out of their locker room for the second half. I put the odds at 50-50. 

Who wants a competitive game against those warped and wanton Huskies? Not me. When asked, "Would you kick a dog when he's down?" my answer is, "Yes, when that dog is a noxious and revolting Washington Husky."

The Huskies and their depraved fans should be overjoyed that they get to play three conference cream puffs this year--plus those Kent State Maple Bars and the Portland State Jelly Donuts. Five wins. No more. If Husky fans want a bowl, they can go buy a bowl and smoke it. Don't they know? That's why pot was made legal in Washington.

The dawgs, back to their preseason place, delusional.

Vd6.gif

• Haha 1

On 6/24/2022 at 3:02 PM, Axel said:

We're not saying that DeBoer walked into a toxic situation, but when he signed on as Huskies coach, he was issued a Geiger counter.

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!  Absolute killer lines!

Axel is...

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/24/2022 at 3:22 PM, Haywarduck said:

The dawgs, back to their preseason place, delusional.

Vd6.gif

Yeah.. the Huskies don't have a Yacht... they have a rowing team. They need to row!!!!