Charles Fischer

It’s Official: GameDay Is Coming to Our City!

I just received the email from the University of Oregon. It is official, that ESPN GameDay is coming to Eugene for our big game!

Oregon Football: College GameDay to come to Eugene for Oregon vs.

Oregon's "Duck" is featured a few times in this year's theme song...

• Go Ducks! 4
  • Thumbs Up 4

Mr. FishDuck

This could be a "SlobberKnocker!!!"

SmackDown Saturday!

Bama, Notre Doomed, USC... What more can a Duck fan wish for?

You CAN win BYE WEEK!

This is QUACKERS!

Edited by woundedknees
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

I figured we had a chance when they set game time at 12:30. 

With the top ten losses today it will likely be a top 10 showdown.  

I figure UCLA #9

Oregon # 10

Edited by debbieduck

That surprises me. This will be two weeks in a row ESPN game day is at a site that CBS and now Fox has the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I predict Herb picks Chip to win for old times sake and picks Oregon to win at home for old times sake.

• Haha 1

It’s definitely the best option. MSU@Bama is off the table since they both lost. OSU lost so they can’t go to Stillwater. The only other good option is TCU/KSU since it has Big 12 championship implications. However, there’s nothing like kicking the show off while it’s still dark.

For the record Oregon is 15-11 when they are part of college game day. UCLA is 3-6 when on college game day, and predictably just can't handle the pressure. 

UCLA also hasn't won in Eugene since 2004 when we were under Helfrich.

This will be another massive test for Lanning, win game day! I think it will be an even bigger test for UCLA, and they won't know what hit them, crowd, weather, and the Dan Lanning led Ducks. 'It was like there was 12 guys on the field every play, and I couldn't hear myself think!'

• Thumbs Up 1

Helf coached from 2013-2016, and Bellotti was the coach in 2004, but we get your point—it’s been a long time since the Bruins won here.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

This article goes over the Ducks results when GameDay is present.

“College GameDay” has visited Eugene 10 times before, but not since Oregon hosted Stanford on Sept. 22, 2018.

Oregon is 16-11 all-time in games in which “College GameDay” is in attendance, including 7-3 in games in Eugene.

Check our who they played and the scores...

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

“College GameDay” has visited Eugene 10 times before, but not since Oregon hosted Stanford on Sept. 22, 2018.
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2022 at 9:16 PM, debbieduck said:

I figure UCLA #9

Oregon # 10

U nailed it debbie!  At least in the AP.  The coaches have Oregon #9 and ucla at 10.

IDK about you but I prefer the Ducks being ranked lower just before they play.  In fact, I'd prefer the Ducks were the oddsmaker's dog instead of -5.5 favorites, for motivations sake.

On 10/16/2022 at 4:56 PM, Mic said:

U nailed it debbie!  At least in the AP.  The coaches have Oregon #9 and ucla at 10.

IDK about you but I prefer the Ducks being ranked lower just before they play.  In fact, I'd prefer the Ducks were the oddsmaker's dog instead of -5.5 favorites, for motivations sake.

Lol ya.   It appears most have UCLA and Oregon about equal. 

On 10/15/2022 at 9:26 PM, nw777b said:

I predict Herb picks Chip to win for old times sake and picks Oregon to win at home for old times sake.

I wonder if Game Day brings Lee Corso out?  As far as Herbstreit's pick, I don't think he has a winning percentage on those?  I could be wrong but I really don't care as long as I see Corso don the Duck head.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/16/2022 at 5:00 PM, Mic said:

I wonder if Game Day brings Lee Corso out?  As far as Herbstreit's pick, I don't think he has a winning percentage on those?  I could be wrong but I really don't care as long as I see Corso don the Duck head.

Lol ya.  Well I think you will see it. 

I think Corso, if he comes, dons the Duck Head. I know he loves the mascot.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oregon has appeared on GameDay more than anyone in the west

With its appearance this Saturday, Oregon will have hosted more GameDays than any college in the west.

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

UO students talk College GameDay plans as the countdown to showtime begins

Jared Horn, the Vice President of Oregon Pit Crew, predicts this College GameDay experience will be better than anything yet.

"In prior years, we haven't had the same excitement. But now, with this new era of Dan Lanning, there's just a buzz in the town

and going to the games is so much different than what it was last year. The games are exciting, there's explosive plays."

Click on URL below for article.

https://www.kezi.com/news/uo-students-talk-college-gameday-plans-as-the-countdown-to-showtime-begins/article_0d3d3206-4e8b-11ed-b75c-07d66f0c070a.html 

.@CollegeGameDay Podcast: Orange vs. Orange on Saturday, @ReceDavis fixes the CFP and togas on the set at @GoDucks. Also, my early Top 3 for the @BroylesAward -- Andy Kotelnicki (Kansas OC), Tony White (Cuse DC) and Alex Golesh (Tenn OC).

Rece Davis and Pete Thamel talk about Oregon and Game Day starting around the 29:14 mark.  Talking about wearing togas on game day.  Who would do it and who would not.

Toga! Toga! Toga!
Join the Oregon Ducks & College GameDay for a Toga Party on The Quad.  Giveaways and prizes throughout the entire show.  Go Ducks!
FfYrct4UoAAN3QY?format=jpg&name=medium  Ffeds5gakAEHSl_?format=jpg&name=medium
  • Haha 1

It's happening...click on pics to enlarge

'One of our favorite stops;' ESPN GameDay crew is more than happy to be back at Oregon

“It’s one of our favorite stops to come for College GameDay,” Davis said on Friday. “It’s been a few years since we’ve been here

and you know to have (the Ducks) in the top 10, big game like this, and I love doing the show in the dark in the morning.

It’s a unique setting and the Oregon fans and students always come out and support the show.

Although Coach Lee Corso wasn’t available for interviews because of a recent illness, Rece Davis said Corso is in town and looking forward to

reuniting with an old friend. “He’s not missing this with his affinity for the Duck. He’s here to have a reunion with him,” Davis said.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

“It’s a different vibe.” The ESPN College GameDay crew has a home in Eugene, and they’re happy to be back.

For those going to the festivities, here is the time schedule

I just found this schedule for GameDay tomorrow that is more detailed than the one I posted earlier.

Click to enlarge.

WATCH Pat McAfee broadcasting from UO campus today. Check him out...

What?  They don't know about our forest fires and smoke haze?  I hope they don't think this is smog

Tweets from GameDay morning...

In case you missed beginning of show...

• Thumbs Up 1

Coach Lanning on GameDay...Click on pics to enlarge

Take a look at photos from GameDay...Click on "13" to view photo gallery

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Fans shrugged off a rainy October morning to bring signs and flags and cheer along as the three-hour pregame show unfolded.

The best Oregon Ducks signs at ESPN's College GameDay in Eugene

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon Duck fans definitely brought the sign game on Saturday or College GameDay.

More signs...

Click to see entire pic

Make sure you play the video on this one

ICYMI, one of the features GameDay did this morning was on Bo Nix.

He talks about his career at Auburn, the transfer to Oregon, up to today's game.

ICYMI: COLLEGE GAMEDAY | Sabrina Ionescu (Celebrity Picker) joins the Crew & delivers her gameday picks

Sabrina has become very poised and confident on camera--she really did well!

The Legend of Sabrina Ionescu

Mr. FishDuck

ICYMI, a feature was done during GameDay on Duck Harley driver Doug Koke.

It was well done and a highly recommended watch. 

On 10/22/2022 at 1:46 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Sabrina has become very poised and confident on camera--she really did well!

I thought she did great on the big stage. There are few who could've brought the vibrancy and excitement she did to the show today. She was the perfect choice.

On 10/22/2022 at 7:31 AM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Tweets from GameDay morning...

In case you missed beginning of show...

This Lee Corso interview is really wonderful. He seems like such a kind and generous human being -- with an absolutely fabulous sense of humor.

Obviously, Lee has slowed down, but when he has time to speak, it all still comes to him. The pistons are all still firing, albeit, a little bit slower. 

Thanks for posting this video. It put a huge smile on my face, and his comments regarding Chip Kelly are utterly hilarious.

• Like 1

ESPN's College GameDay says Oregon was written off too early

A week later, the Ducks were still a topic of conversation on GameDay this morning.

The topic discussed was "which teams were written off too early?"

ESPN’s College GameDay crew got an up-close-and-personal look at the Oregon Ducks’ football operation

under Dan Lanning a week ago...and concluded that "Oregon is for real."

Read what Pat McAfee had to say:

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

ESPN's College GameDay crew says Oregon was written off too early after a Week 1 loss to Georgia.