David Marsh

Ducks Week 10 Uniforms

I'll be honest this uniform combination is not working for me. Nightmare green and egg shell uniforms aren't my favorite to begin with but I'm ok with them as stand alones. 

But mixing and matching the two... Kinda looks like someone jumped in a pile of ducks uniforms and that's what they came out as ... It just doesn't feel cohesive. 

Switch out the egg shell top for just white and I'm onboard. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't remember where I read this, but a few weeks back when the eggshell unis were worn, many of the players commented that eggshell was their favorite. It must be a younger generation preference. If it makes them feel good wearing the look, I don't have a problem with it.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Am I correct is assuming that the players get to pick what uniform/combination they wear (within road/home guidelines) each week?  If so, then I guess we just have to let the young men have their choice.  It's not one of my favorite combos either.  But if they like 'em and if they play well in them, then so be it, I guess.  

Sometimes I wonder how much $$ Oregon wastes or could save if they just had a few combinations and stuck with that.  But then I have to remind myself OBD's are the runway models for Phil Knight and Nike.  And as long as Knight continues to support the Oregon athletic program... well.

They'll look fine at the half when Oregon's up by 3 scores.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Recipe | King Arthur Baking

Can never go wrong with the cookies & cream.

Edited by Flaps2
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

They wore these in the PAC 12 championship game last year. They don’t bring back great memories.

Keep wishing they'd roll out the Chrome Domes with this combo.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/2/2022 at 9:24 PM, Mic said:

Am I correct is assuming that the players get to pick what uniform/combination they wear (within road/home guidelines) each week?

They usually have the entire season's worth of uniforms all planned out ahead of time, before the season even begins. Often they have what the coaches are going to wear planned out as well. 

There might be some student input on the early end but at this point everything is already planned and barring anything like a massive heatwave like we saw for the Eastern Washington game, where Oregon flipped the uniform combination with the BYU game to accommodate heat, nothing is going to change from the original plan. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

At one time didn't they have a players counsel or something that had input on the uniform?  Can't remember if it was related to uniform design and feedback to Nike or color combo's for games.  Anyone remember?

On 11/3/2022 at 8:36 AM, David Marsh said:

Often they have what the coaches are going to wear planned out as well. 

Seriously? !!  I wonder if the NE Pats plan out what Bill Belichick's gonna wear?  lol

• Haha 1

On 11/3/2022 at 10:11 AM, McDuck said:

At one time didn't they have a players counsel or something that had input on the uniform?  Can't remember if it was related to uniform design and feedback to Nike or color combo's for games.  Anyone remember?

Well, that's what I thought too.  I seem to remember reading about the players choosing what combos they wanted to wear, but if what David says is right that'ed preclude that.

Maybe Nike needs heads-up time to make the unis.

Edited by Mic

Mild weather in the forecast, except for possible high winds.

Sunshine and clouds mixed. High around 60F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

RUN the ball, please!

On 11/3/2022 at 11:00 AM, nw777b said:

Mild weather in the forecast, except for possible high winds.

Sunshine and clouds mixed. High around 60F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

RUN the ball, please!

Colorado rushing defense ranked 130 of 131.  I expect your wish will be granted.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

On 11/3/2022 at 10:49 AM, Mic said:

Seriously? !!  I wonder if the NE Pats plan out what Bill Belichick's gonna wear?  lol

I'm not 100% sure that is true today... but I'd be surprised if it isn't still true. 

I remember that Kelly and Helfrich had what they were wearing on the sideline already selected for them for game day. They get some say in what they want to wear... Kelly wore a visor while Helfrich wore a baseball cap. But the look is put together for the coaches so they complement what the team is wearing. 

Lanning wore a similar black and pink look with the Ducks wearing black and pink. Lanning will be in green if the focal color that week is green. 

As I checked the photos from week to week by our photographers....what Lanning wears on the sideline changes.

Dan Lanning_Pac12 Video (2).jpg

Lanning UCLA by Eric Evans of Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

Lanning at Cal_NDP.jpg

JT_BYU.JPG

Mr. FishDuck

Hate the eggshell uniforms.   Eggshells break.   Eggshell = Goose egg; not a good number.   And as I recall the teams history in the eggshell uniform isn't all that great.   But, if the kids like it, who am I to say.

If they want to go funky just do tie dye, it's Oregon after all.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/3/2022 at 1:52 PM, Skibum said:

If it gets Bill Walton to become a Duck booster, I might go for it for several reasons.

On 11/3/2022 at 1:52 PM, Skibum said:

It's not Oregon football.

On 11/2/2022 at 10:02 PM, Flaps2 said:

Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Recipe | King Arthur Baking

Can never go wrong with the cookies & cream.

What... for a uniform?  No way.  Not in my opinion.

In deference to FD Rule #31b, I have no further comment on this particular jersey color.

• Haha 3