Pennsylvania Duck

Transfer Portal: Players of Interest

Former 4-star Texas A&M EDGE with ties to Oregon, Dan Lanning enters transfer portal

It was reported that Texas A&M EDGE rusher Elijah Jeudy, a redshirt freshman, was planning to

enter the portal and find a new home after not seeing much of the field in College Station.

Jeudy stands at 6-foot-3, 245 pounds and is a former 4-star recruit that was rated by

247Sports as the No. 14 EDGE in the 2021 recruiting class.

Not only did Jeudy list the Oregon Ducks among his top-5 schools during his recruitment back in 2020, but

he also included the Georgia Bulldogs. Who was his lead recruiter with Georgia? None other than Dan Lanning.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Before committing to Texas A&M, Elijah Jeudy had Oregon and Georgia in his top 5 and developed a close relationship with Dan...

• Thumbs Up 1

College Football's Best Quarterbacks in Transfer Portal

College football's transfer portal won't officially open until early December, but when it does,

quarterbacks will receive the most attention as teams try to address the most important position on the field.

Just how prominent are transfers at quarterback? Roughly half of FBS teams started a transfer under center in '22.

Although the list of names in the portal is small right now, there are a few intriguing names to watch at quarterback.

WWW.MSN.COM

A complete breakdown of which college football quarterbacks are in the transfer portal for the 2022-23 cycle.

This QB list doesn't include Hudson Card from Texas as he is obviously NOT in the portal. However, I can't imagine him sticking around Austin much longer with Arch Manning coming next year.

He is an experienced guy that has had meaningful reps at a high level. The fact that he didn't bolt as soon as Quinn Ewers was named starter shows he has genuine care for his team as well.

A believe Card would pick up the offense quickly and push Dante Moore but also mentor him, were he to win the QB battle.

Oregon needs Defensive players. I dont care how good the O is you are not going to win a championship without great defense.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

From Cardwell Sr...I guess it's official

On 11/28/2022 at 3:19 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

Oregon needs Defensive players. I dont care how good the O is you are not going to win a championship without great defense.

Great Defense requires speed. Something Oregon lacks. We have big and physical. Not that thats a bad thing but playing 4-2-5 required speed from edge, safety and LB's. 

Oregons front 7 is slow. Look at the nonexistent pass rush. Lanning will need more than a spring game and fall camp to get his guys. 

The recruits lanning has gotten and is going after are much faster. Building a defense is hard. Took Lannings last boss several years to build his.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Ducks defense snagged 16 interceptions. Good for 6th nationally. However, they got 12 QB sacks. Good for 122nd nationally. They were 126th in TFL’s. One thing that really impressed  me about the offense (beside sacks allowed) was they only lost 3 fumbles (3rd nationally) and one of those was a punter. That being said they were +10 in turnovers which was 8th nationally.

I would say a couple pass rushers and LB’s are needed as well as a couple of experienced O-Linemen.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/28/2022 at 6:34 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

From Cardwell Sr...I guess it's official

This dude doesn’t seem too happy either. I saw the same Tweet from Keith Brown. I don’t know what this means, but it doesn’t seem good.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants

Every coach needs his players -maybe in 20 years it all comes together. Meanwhile its the cruddy chicken bowl.

Report: Michigan QB Cade McNamara Enters Transfer Portal; Played in 3 Games This Year

The Athletic reported McNamara will play as a graduate transfer during the 2023 season.

He was the Wolverines' primary starting quarterback in 2021 but lost the job to J.J. McCarthy this season.

At the very least, a team is going to get an experienced leader with Power Five experience for no less than two seasons.

Expect the competition to be stiff once he officially hits the transfer portal.

BLEACHERREPORT.COM

Michigan quarterback Cade McNamara reportedly plans to transfer for his final years of eligibility. <a...

Anybody remember this guy? He was once an Oregon commit.

Did you know there were this total number of players in the portal already?

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve been a Duck fan since the 60s and I can’t remember a worse defense than we had this year. With all the 5 and 4 star players at the coaches disposal it was Truly mind boggling.

4-star Malachi Coleman, No. 4 ATH in 2023, decommits from Nebraska

For the Oregon Ducks, this is something to pay attention to. They were originally one of the teams

after this elite athlete and landed in his top 7 before Coleman committed to Nebraska.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Malachi Coleman, the No. 68 player in the 2023 class, is back on the market. He had Oregon in his top 7 before committing to...

Rivals Info...

N.RIVALS.COM

Malachi Coleman - 2023 4 Star Athlete for East (Lincoln, NE) on Rivals.com

Eight positions that make sense for Oregon to address through the transfer portal

Erik Skopil: Today, I've decided to outline which position groups would make sense for the program to address through the portal.

These are educated guesses based upon which positions had shortcomings this season,

have not been addressed through prep recruiting and that may feature further portal turnover.

A subsequent story will provide some names to know from the FCS and FBS level as possible targets to fill these spots.

247SPORTS.COM

Eight positions that make sense for Oregon to address through the transfer portal

On 11/28/2022 at 6:17 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

I don’t know what this means, but it doesn’t seem good.

Every one of them are Mario's recruits.  If they don't fit what Tosh & Lanning run for a D, then they probably all gotta go.  Otherwise they'll all just look average, and/or ride the bench.

I don’t know if this guy is any good. He was injured last season. However, he’s definitely on the all-name team.

• Haha 1

On 12/2/2022 at 6:54 AM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

I don’t know if this guy is any good. He was injured last season. However, he’s definitely on the all-name team.

Sounds like he should go play for Hugh Freeze.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Don't we need a center? How about this guy?

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/2/2022 at 2:13 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Don't we need a center? How about this guy?

He was one of the bright spots on the Stanford O-line. Center has to call formations and assignments and he is smart enough for sure. That would let JPJ stay at guard along with Harper and Jones (if he returns). I like it. Go get him, Coach Klemm

• Thumbs Up 2

Don't we need a punter too? This guy averages 44.6 yds, better than our 3 punters...

• Thumbs Up 1

Level Up: Transfers poised to move up to the Power Five ranks

There are plenty of players in the transfer portal that are hoping for an opportunity to play

power five football after showing off their skillset at the G5, FCS, and D2 levels.

The Ducks have offers out to Ajani Cornelius, OL, Rhode Island and Drae McCray, WR, Austin Peay.

Perhaps there are others on the list?

PORTAL.RIVALS.COM

Looking at lower-level transfers who are ready to test their skills at the power five level

This is a real interesting one...

Clemson QB DJ Uiagalelei to enter the transfer portal

PORTAL.RIVALS.COM

Clemson quarterback DJ Uiagalelei has decided to enter the NCAA transfer portal.

• Thumbs Up 1

TRAESHON HOLDEN: ESPN stats

WWW.ESPN.COM

Latest on Alabama Crimson Tide wide receiver Traeshon Holden including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on ESPN

Transfer portal is like going after frogs instead of polliwogs. Seems like there are plenty of players with legs ready to go, instead of just tales of what might be.

Edited by Haywarduck

Matthew Rigney player info

WWW.ESPN.COM

Latest on Austin Peay Governors punter Matt Rigney including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on ESPN

Transfer Portal Tracker: Defensive Backs that the Oregon Ducks could target this offseason

Here are some defensive backs who have entered the portal so far this year that the Ducks might look to go after:

This list will be updated as more players enter the transfer portal over the coming weeks. 

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks need to retool in the defensive backfield this off-season. Here are some names to know in the transfer portal.

Michigan State WR with close ties to Oregon coach Junior Adams enters transfer portal

Bernard, who was a 4-star recruit in 2022 and was ranked by 247Sports as the No. 37 WR in the class, has a close connection

with Oregon WR coach Junior Adams. Bernard was committed to play for the Washington Huskies last year, but just a few days

after Adams accepted the job with the Ducks, Bernard announced that he would be decommitting from Washington.

Consider that the Ducks also have a couple of recruiters on the roster that know Bernard well; DE Anthony Jones and DL Sir Mells

were teammates with Bernard at Liberty High School in Henderson, Nevada.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

From Junior Adams to former high school teammates, there are endless connections between MSU transfer Germie Bernard and...

Veteran Pac-12 CB and potential Oregon target enters transfer portal

On Tuesday it was announced that former Arizona Wildcats cornerback Christian Roland-Wallace would enter the portal as

a graduate transfer, looking for a new team with which to play his final collegiate season and potentially boost his NFL draft stock.

With Gonzalez making the leap to the NFL, this could be a perfect answer for the Ducks to add an instant-impact player to the defense.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks need an instant-impact player in the secondary to help replace Christian Gonzalez. A prime candidate just became...

Christian Roland-Wallace Stats

WWW.ESPN.COM

Latest on Arizona Wildcats cornerback Christian Roland-Wallace including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on ESPN

Player Info

GOSTANFORD.COM

Walter Rouse (75) Offensive Tackle - Career Accolades William V. Campbell Trophy finalist (2022) All-Pac-12

• Wow 1

The perfect TJ Bass replacement...wow.

Mr. FishDuck

Dorian Singer points to Caleb Williams in explaining his decision to transfer to USC

Former Arizona Wildcats wide receiver Dorian Singer, the Pac-12’s leading receiver,

is set to transfer to USC, continuing a trend of top wideouts joining the Trojans.

Singer earned second-team All-Pac-12 honors this season, recording 1,105 receiving yards

and six touchdowns on 66 receptions for Arizona.

His best game was versus USC when he had seven receptions for 141 yards and a career-high

three touchdowns in an Oct. 29 loss to USC, which included a career-long 73-yard reception.

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Elite receiver Dorian Singer specifically mentioned Caleb Williams as a reason he came to #USC. Singer knows what’s up.

I imagine Jordan Addison and a couple other receivers will be declaring for the draft.

Interesting?

Troy wide receiver Tez Johnson, younger brother of Bo Nix, entering transfer portal

WWW.AL.COM

Led Trojans with 56 catches, 863 yards in 2022

• Wow 1

Listed as 5'10" but only 150-160 lbs.  Unless he has DAT quicks not sure what role he would fill.  Seven McGee is about the same height and a bit heavier and never found his niche at Oregon.

Intriguing Jackson State WR with ties to Oregon enters transfer portal

Coleman, a former 4-star recruit in the 2022 cycle, was heavily pursued by Oregon and had the Ducks in his final 5 schools and took an official visit to Eugene last November before making a surprise commitment to Jackson State, joining Deion Sanders. Now that Sanders has moved on to Colorado, Coleman is another one of the many former Tigers’ players who is looking for a new school.

Might Dan Lanning choose to pursue Coleman in the portal, trying to convince him to join Alabama WR Traeshon Holden in his transfer to Eugene?

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Former Jackson State WR with strong ties to the Ducks has entered the transfer portal.

I'm not even looking for great at this point. I'll take an average defense that can get off the field on 3rd downs consistently.

• Thumbs Up 2

Former Texas A&M DL Anthony Lucas could be target for Ducks in transfer portal

One of the biggest needs that the Oregon Ducks have to fill in the offseason is on the defensive line, and it’s been expected that Dan Lanning and his staff would work hard to find a plug-and-play player in the transfer portal.

Former Texas A&M DL Anthony Lucas, a true freshman in 2022, announced that he would enter the portal. Lucas is a former 4-star recruit who was rated by 247Sports as the No. 32 player in the 2022 class, and No. 8 DL in the nation.

The Ducks recruited Lucas hard down the stretch, and were arguably in the running to land him before he ultimately chose to sign with the Aggies. We will see if Lanning and defensive coordinator Tosh Lupoi choose to try and land him out of the portal this time around.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Former Texas A&M DL Anthony Lucas is entering the transfer portal. The Ducks recruited him heavily last year before he signed...

"The Oregon Ducks are currently searching for defensive linemen in the transfer portal, and now that the bowl season has now passed, more high-profile options have started to become available.

On Tuesday, we reported that former Texas A&M Aggies freshman DL Anthony Lucas had entered the transfer portal, and he could become a target for the Ducks, who recruited him hard out of high school. Another prominent DL entered the portal on Tuesday, and a report from 247Sports shows that Oregon is definitely working to get him to Eugene."

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Rogers, a former 4-star recruit, has 61 tackles and 3 sacks in 26 career games at Kentucky.

Pac-12 Players entering Transfer Portal today...