Ktmguy2018

Bowen Signs With Sooners

Been a rough couple days PB? 🤑

This sad story has next year’s portal written all over it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Good luck to him in the SEC. Ducks will be fine. I don’t recall Holland, McKinley, Byrd, etc. being 5 star dudes.

On 12/22/2022 at 2:48 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

This sad story has next year’s portal written all over it.

One can speculate about this but in truth, I think there will be more and more 'high-star' recruits entering the portal as years go by.  

Unless the NCAA can figure out how to tighten the portal up some I just can't see it not getting looser each year as these highly rated players find the coaching carousal and disappointing seasons a reason to bolt for some other team they were initially "committed" to before last minute decisions made under the glare of media lights (not to mention the pressure from friends, relatives and scouts).

But what do I know about how these young men think?  I have three daughters.  All married, but I didn't raise their husbands.

Could what have happened was a NIL play where the Sooners weren't stepping up so he announces his flip to the Ducks to see if they would step up to the plate or not.

That would make the most sense to me with everything else being a smoke screen so as to not have an overt breaking of the rules. Of not being able to influence a player with NIL to come to a particular school.

I hate to think this way, but!

On 12/22/2022 at 3:00 PM, Duck 1972 said:

I hate to think this way, but!

It's what two National Signing Days (periods) coupled with the new NIL initiatives and the greatly expanding Transfer Portal has done to change the college football landscape.  Your guess is as good as anyone else's.

On 12/22/2022 at 3:00 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Could what have happened was a NIL play where the Sooners weren't stepping up so he announces his flip to the Ducks to see if they would step up to the plate or not.

What some insiders were saying yesterday it was really about the player v family. PB wanted to go to Oregon but his family... From the sound of it mom... Wanted him closer to home. 

So sooners won out. 

Same sort of thing is going down between Hicks and his dad from the sound of it. It cant be easy for anyone. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I've heard that his girlfriend goes to OU. He is young that can be very magnetic at that age.

On 12/22/2022 at 2:57 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Good luck to him in the SEC. Ducks will be fine. I don’t recall Holland, McKinley, Byrd, etc. being 5 star dudes.

John Boyett was also a 3*, and who was the guy he took over for that got injured?  He was NFL too I think?

Whatever. Ducks will be fine. The young man admitted his errors and apologized. That says something to me. Now did his parents, gf, or whoever or whatever change his mind and put pressure on him? Possibly. I wish the best for the young man and pray that he learns to stand up for himself and his feelings no matter who are what is coming at him. If not that leads to regrets and resentment. He chose the Ducks for a reason. 

He sounds weak willed, so fine by me.  Ciao!

Feel for the young man, parents can be a nightmare. Too bad his parents can't just support his decisions. 

I just hope mom let's him have the top bunk at college, or maybe even his own room.

Unfortunately, like what many have said, we can't control what these kids do. It is disappointing that PB flipped again but we just wish him the best. We just have to move on to trying to sign the next promising recruit or even take a look at the transfer portal to see if there's anyone who would be a right fit.