1Funduck

DJ Uiagalelei Decided: Going to Oregon State

Thats the best move for DJ. I wanted him more but OR ST. just got a TON better!! Look the stink out!!!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

DJ made an excellent choice. Although he seemed to struggle at Clemson, something tells me Jonathan Smith is going to have him playing lights out for the Beavers. Look out Pac 12.

Edited by latracey
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Not threatened by him in Corvallis.  Clemson has a great playbook and weapons, and if he was so-so there...

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

FishDuck Writer Drex Heikes says that the brothers can stay close and share a house in...

Small Town, Big History: Junction City, Oregon

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

So thats Nix, Williams, Penix, DJ, Rising and Ward. That is a stacked conference at the QB position. Should be a fun 23. Going to see some great QB play.

• Thumbs Up 3

I just hope this doesn't cause his brother to flip to Oregon State or another team. Personally, I would find it hard if I was a DL to line up against my brother to rip his head off lol.

Edited by OceaniaDuck

Transfer quarterback DJ Uiagalelei chooses Pac-12 school, per report

Former Clemson quarterback DJ Uiagalelei is expected to announce his commitment to Oregon State after entering the transfer portal, according to ESPN college football insider Pete Thamel.

A former 5-star recruit and the No. 2 overall prospect in the 2020 college football recruiting class, according to 247Sports, the quarterback never quite lived up to its reputation once taking the field as starter.

Uiagalelei completed 55.6 percent of his pass attempts during his sophomore season, throwing nine touchdowns against 10 interceptions in 2021.

WWW.MSN.COM

Former Clemson quarterback DJ Uiagalelei is expected to announce his commitment to Oregon State after entering the...

He isnt good tho... oh well

On 12/23/2022 at 8:01 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Uiagalelei completed 55.6 percent of his pass attempts during his sophomore season, throwing nine touchdowns against 10 interceptions in 2021.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

I think this is a good move for DJ.  Jonathan Smith can help him.

The only downside is maybe an awkward family vibe, especially during CW week.

Little Brother playing for Big Brother taking down Big Brother playing for Little Brother...

• Haha 1

On 12/23/2022 at 8:25 PM, Charles Fischer said:

giphy.gif

There is some perspective missing. The 2021 Clemson team led by Trevor Lawrence had four other offensive dudes drafted. 

Travis Etienne - ACC career rushing and TD record holder, All American. ACC Player of the year and offensive player of the year went in the 1st round. Trevor doesn't have the career he had without Etienne.

Trevor's left tackle who started as true frosh and moved to left tackle after that went in the second round. Two of Trevor's WR went in the 3rd and like 4th round. 

DJ didn't have the weapons Trevor did and what he had were being broke in during the 2021 season. 

If you look at DJ's 2021 stats to his 2022 stats everything was up across the board. he doubled his TD's and had less picks, and his pass rating jumped. 

DJ made a pretty big jump - but DJ was really bad in 2021. DJ's 2022 was sort of like Bo Nix's 2021 season with twice as many TD's.

That said Bo Nix made the biggest late career jump we've seen since Joe Burrow. Clemson also has better talent that Auburn and those WRs were in year two - so DJ's level this year I would rate below Bo's in 2021.

I also don't expect that even if he finds the perfect fit that DJ can make the jump like Bo did this year. But he threw for 22 TD's this year and around 2500 yards, but the pass rating lacked. If DJ can do the same and be more efficient (pass rating) with the OSU run game then he's not going to be seen as failing.

The OSU run game sets up an efficient play action pass game -something that plays to DJs weakness. If TE Luke Musgrave is back with the frosh tailback he has two dudes to support him, and one of the WRs came on at the end of the year as well. 

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Thumbs Up 1

Smart choice by DJ, better choice by Matayo. 

• Thumbs Up 1

One of them could jump I the transfer Portal after next year and brother up?

On 12/23/2022 at 7:24 PM, OceaniaDuck said:

Personally, I would find it hard if I was a DL to line up against my brother to rip his head off lol.

You must have a different relationship with your brother than I do.  I love my brother but gloating at Christmas how I planted his butt in the turf is exactly how many brother relationships work.

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/23/2022 at 8:01 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

A former 5-star recruit and the No. 2 overall prospect in the 2020 college football recruiting class, according to 247Sports, the quarterback never quite lived up to its reputation once taking the field as starter.

Do I think he's going to have a season like Bo did this year?  No.  

Do I think he's a major improvement against OSU's current QB room?  Yes.

A point of history to think about, Jonathon Smith took the Beavers to 11-1 in 2000 throwing for 50.3% and 20 TDs.  He was significantly helped by a guy named Ken Simonton who rushed for over 1500 yards.  The Beavers ended up ranked 4th in the nation that year.

DJ adds mobility and LOTS of athletic ability to an OSU offense that has a "pretty good" rushing attack and a very disciplined defense.

Do I think DJ makes OSU a 1 or 2 loss team in 2023?  Maybe, just maybe.

I looked at the Beavs schedule next year and they have to travel to Arizona, Cal, CU, WSU and of course Autzen.  WSU and Autzen are tough fights on the road.

They get Stanford, UCLA, Utah and UW all at home and they play very very tough at Reser.

Edited by Duck Fan 76
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Beavs will be a tougher out next season that’s for sure.

This is good for the conference. With the LA schools leaving we need the other schools to step up. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 12/25/2022 at 5:21 AM, OregonDucks said:

This is good for the conference. With the LA schools leaving we need the other schools to step up. 

And also win the OOC games that matter.

Congrats to the Beavers on an excellent season, and for nabbing a likely great transfer. 

As Oregon has been great for Nix, Coach Smith & OSU will likely be great for this kid too.

But next year, we must crush those Willamette River Rats!

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Former Clemson QB D.J. Uiagalelei goes in-depth on his commitment to Oregon State

Former Clemson quarterback D.J. Uiagalelei has committed to Oregon State and broke down why he chose the Beavers.

“I had three schools I liked a lot and Oregon State was one of them,” Uiagalelei said. “When I got in to the portal, I watched a lot of film on different schools and I love Oregon State’s offense and their style of play."

“We reached out to them but didn’t hear back early on,” Uiagalelei said. “Then in the last week, we started communicating and I talked with Jonathan Smith and really like him a lot. 

“I’ve never been to Oregon State before, I committed sight unseen but I’m excited about this.

247SPORTS.COM

Former Clemson quarterback D.J. Uiagalelei has committed to Oregon State and broke down why he chose the...