Log Haulin

Ducks Season Predictions

Whats your thoughts on season results? Lets start a thread on your predictions of Ducks 23 season performance.

Team results

W-L: 11-1

Conf title: win P12

Bowl prediction: CFP

Offensive results

Ppg: 43.6

Ypg: 568

TOs: 6

Defensive results

Ppg: 25.5

Ypg: 365

Take aways: 17

Make your prediction below

• Let’s hope! 1

You gotta start with yours!

Defensive Celebration_Eric Evans of Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

Oregon's offensive will break the all time ppg avg and total points in a season.  Bo Nix wins the Heismann and O'Brien, Manning, Camp, etc.

12-0, beat USuC for the second time, in Vegas, 13-0  Oregon gets the 2 seed, beats LSU 52-34 in the semifinal, as GA beats tOSU in a close game in the other.  Natty:  Oregon 49, GA 35

55.8 ppg

566 ypg

Just 6 turnovers all season, Bo just 2 INT, both the receivers fault

Defense is great against the run, way better than last year against the pass

24.2 ppg

364 ypg

25 picks (3 for six!) 19 fumbles recovered, 44 take-aways!  

Season turnovers +38, all time record.  Caleb Williams 6 picks in 2 games against Oregon, Penix has 3, DJU 3, Shough 2

'24 class finishes #3 with a late influx of 5* kids, '25 class ends up with 8 five star kids and finishes #1

• Let’s hope! 3
  • Wow 3
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

JDuck, I would really like to live in your universe!

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

OK. I'll be the debi downer (dano downer?)

Season 8-4

Independence Bowl

37 ppg

Give up 38 ppg

Tied for 4th in pac12

But my heart goes with JDuck.

• Yikes! 1
  • Mic drop 1

On 8/18/2023 at 4:18 PM, JDuck said:

Oregon's offensive will break the all time ppg avg and total points in a season.  Bo Nix wins the Heismann and O'Brien, Manning, Camp, etc.

12-0, beat USuC for the second time, in Vegas, 13-0  Oregon gets the 2 seed, beats LSU 52-34 in the semifinal, as GA beats tOSU in a close game in the other.  Natty:  Oregon 49, GA 35

55.8 ppg

566 ypg

24.2 ppg

364 ypg

Season turnovers +38, all time record.  Caleb Williams 6 picks in 2 games against Oregon, Penix has 3, DJU 3, Shough 2

'24 class finishes #3 with a late influx of 5* kids, '25 class ends up with 8 five star kids and finishes #1

Oh Yeah!

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

While I am hoping for the season JDuck predicts, I am thinking we will see more like:

Team results

W-L: 14-2

Bowl prediction: CFP win 1, lose 1

Offensive results

Ppg: 42

Ypg: 505

TOs: 5

Defensive results

Ppg: 24.3

Ypg: 300

Take aways: 12, 2 pic six!  Defense pitches 2 shutouts and becomes feared by November.

That said,  this year’s team has Natty potential if we catch a couple breaks and the ball bounces our way!

Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/18/2023 at 4:18 PM, JDuck said:

55.8 ppg

566 ypg

24.2 ppg

364 ypg

This is what I'd call "enhanced optimism", nothing wrong with that!

• Haha 1

If I were a seer, a prophet of old

With knowledge of football games foretold

I'd live in a mansion in Vegas

Surrounded by women and toys

And be the smartest of the 'wise guy' boys

But I am not Cassandra, aware of how games will unfold, 

My predictions are more likely dross than they are gold.  

2023 247 Sports Team Talent Roster Composite (recruiting and transfers) Roster Ranking - How the top 4 did last season and the ranking of all P5 teams Oregon will play in 2023 and how the future opponents fared in 2022.

1. Alabama - No Playoff (PO) in 2022. No SEC title. W over K St in the Sugar Bowl.

2. Georgia - A back-to-back title and pasting of Puddles.

3. Texas - Yet again, all hat, no cattle. Alamo Bowl loss vs. Washington.

4. Ohio State - heartbreaking PO loss to UGA in the Peach Bowl - does UGA ever play a big game outside of the ATL?

DUCKS and DUCKS 2023 OPPONENTS -

9. OREGON - Holiday Bowl win over UNC

8. USC - Cotton Bowl loss vs Tulane (Oh, the shame!)

20. Utah - Conference champ. Rose Bowl loss vs Penn State

28. Texas Tech - Texas Bowl win, 42-25 over Ole Miss. Ws over Oklahoma and Texas.

29. Colorado - No bowl. Arguably, 2022's worst P5 team. 

44. ASU - No Bowl. Herm has left the building leaving Dilly with a lot of work to do.

46. Stanford - No bowl. Stanford is looking for a 2024 home. 

49. Oregon State - Aggrieved Beavers won the Las Vegas Bowl over Florida and defeated Oregon (SIGH) 38-34.

65. Washington State - Big comeback win in Pullman in 2022. Cougars lost the LA Bowl to Fresno State.

79. Cal - No bowl. Oregon grad Justin Wilcox's last hurrah? 

2023 Oregon high water mark. 12-1 - One of the 4 in the final Final 4. Floor - 9-3. Holiday or Las Vegas Bowl.

Most likely based on the depth of the conference and a tough OOC game vs Texas Tech in Lubbock - 11-2 Conference Champion - Win over Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl. 

Let's Get ready to Rumble!

image.thumb.gif.265c7e8a2c6deb40e4cd6fdd0375cf03.gif

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

College Football News ranks the Pac-12 2023 schedules. According to CFN, Oregon is looking good IF you agree with Oregon's schedule being ranked at 11 in the Pac-12. With games against 4 Pac-12 teams preseason ranked in the AP Poll top 25, with two on the road at Utah and UW, I think this ranking is low by at least 5 spots. Then, add in a trip to Lubbock.  IMO, Oregon's schedule should be ranked no lower than 5.

I do agree with UCLA receiving the bon voyage scheduling gift.

https://collegefootballnews.com/cfn/pac-12-football-schedule-rankings-2023

Overall, CFN has Oregon's schedule ranked 47 out of 133. Hardest Game - Washington - not USC

2. CU - Hardest game - Oregon - not USC

4. Stanford - Hardest game - USC

7. Utah - Hargest game - USC

8. UW - Hardest game - USC

18. USC - Hardest game - Notre Dame WRONG! How about at Oregon instead of at ND.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think we have a good idea of how good this team may be...

Offense 

42.5 PPG 

Rush: 175

Pass: 303

Defense 

22.5 PPG 

Rush: 110

Pass: 265

12-2

Conference Champs and a Loss in the Rose Bowl to Michigan 24-31

This team has a real shot at going undefeated.  Having to play five really tough opponents, including the fifth in the conference title game prepares the team for the playoffs.   NOT facing the kind of firepower Michigan has will be too much this year.

This team was playoff bound if Nix didn't get injured at the end of the Fuskie game.  They are definitely better than last year's team, but they have work to do.  

I'm not sure they're focused enough right now ( based on what DL said coming out of the scrimmage last week).  How much they obliterate Portland State will tell me how serious they are about taking no prisoners. 

Texas Tech early is a good thing, especially after a cupcake opening game.  The Red Raiders are a better version of WSU so I'd like to see a 10-14 point victory. That would tell me they are serious and ready to handle business. 

That's the least this year's elite would do... And that is the benchmark ( Huck the Fuskies, Discipline the Spoiled Children, Humble little brother, and Nuke the Utes, but only the Condoms have the kind of talent that is CFP material).  It's time we step up to elite level gradually this year.  

I like that Lanning sets a high bar.  It's up to the players now.  Killer Instinct.  High sense of urgency. Take no prisoners.  They faced the buzzsaw last year, so they know what an elite team is supposed to do.  Let's see how far they've come.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/18/2023 at 5:37 PM, DanLduck said:

OK. I'll be the debi downer (dano downer?)

Season 8-4

Independence Bowl

37 ppg

Give up 38 ppg

Tied for 4th in pac12

But my heart goes with JDuck.

OK, I've gotta come clean.

I don't really think we will end up 8-4.

I'm just so excited about our potential that I don't want to be disappointed!

I figured if I set a low bar, and we exceeded it, we'll, joy!

Beating all 5 of the top 25 teams we play this year seems a tall order.

On paper I think we can, but I think coach Lanning is still on a learning curve. Some of the coaching decisions last year...?

So I'm going with 10-2.

ppg-  42+

Rush ypg-  153

Pass-   275

Def ppg- 24

Rush -  101

Pass -  201

13 - 1, losing a semi-final.  Too old to calculate the rest of the stats.

• Haha 1

On 8/18/2023 at 3:18 PM, Log Haulin said:

Whats your thoughts on season results? Lets start a thread on your predictions of Ducks 23 season performance.

Team results

W-L: 11-1

Make your prediction below

Oh, I hope your predictions come to pass but for me I'll have to wait and see how the Ducks perform these first two games.  Our biggest concern in this household is the re-vamped Offensive Line and how they'll do since all things Offensive start there.  Nix we know, as well as Irving, Franklin, Whittington and Ferguson and expect them to be even better this year.  Predictions are always so precarious, if fun to make. 

On 8/20/2023 at 7:49 AM, DanLduck said:

Hi, Dano-Downer.  I'm Eyesore (to my friends).  I guess I'm like you in that I usually tend to set the bar lower and get excited as the Ducks go higher.  Built-in pessimism I guess.  Offensive line performance and durability being my biggest concern since the Ducks are loaded with Offensive talent behind the line. 

I'd like to see the Ducks get out on top of PSU big (+25 pts) by the end of the 1st Half and then see Thompson play the ENTIRE 2nd Half to see if he can build-on (or give-up) on that lead the rest of the way.  Fans need to see if he has anything to get excited about in the event something happens (Lord forbid!) to Nix again.  

On 8/20/2023 at 7:49 AM, DanLduck said:

I'm only going to do the regular season, no Pac 12 championship or bowl games included.

Record

11-1

Offense:

41.7 points per game

300 passing yards per game

230 rushing yards per game

Defense:

23.7 points per game

275 passing yards per game

115 rushing yards per game

Team results

W-L: 12-2 (10-2 regular season)

Bowl prediction: NY6 (win)

Offensive results

Ppg: 42.0

Ypg: 480

TOs: 7

Defensive results

Ppg: 24

Ypg: 365

Take aways: 21

I'm thinking a 2 loss regular season is good enough to get into the P12 championship game, all the top 6 P12 teams are going to take turns beating each other up.  That being said, Oregon should be able to beat at least 4 of them then win the conference championship and the subsequent NY6 bowl game.  Still a good season and a sign of continued improvement by DL.

Edited by kirklandduck

Ha, ha. Eyesore, Eeyore, some say 'to-maw-toe' some say 'tu-may-toe'  Spell check doesn't like Eeyore. 

Oregon wins 11 games in the regular season - barring any crucial injuries.  Top 5 offense, top 10 defense. 

I think the Ducks are better than the Fuskies and everyone else in terms of talent. However the Ducks must prepare for Beavis, they are coming for us with everything they have. Oregon St. wants blood. USC plays at Autzen--44-28 Ducks, (Lincoln is a pinto on D). Bo stays healthy Ducks 42 Fuskies 28 at Seattle.  And......watch out for the Cougs!!-they can be brutal. But I think our Ducks will OVERCOME!!!! 12 and 1

Team results

W-L: 12-0

Bowl prediction: CFP

Offensive results

Ppg: 36.2

Ypg: 447

TOs: 9

Defensive results

Ppg: 20.3

Ypg: 322

Take aways: 26