Charles Fischer

Oh, NOW the Auburn Fans Change Their Tune about Bo Nix?

Boy....this is not the kind of attitude I recall from when he was playing there and when he left!   (Seeing his success at Oregon has to make them a little butt-hurt)

• Haha 5

Mr. FishDuck

He makes a good point, the tweeter....but I would counter that we had to un-Coach all of the poor development he got at Auburn for 3 years, and did so in 6 months.  Nope, we get the whole thing.

Plus, I proclaim we get 2/5's of Scam Newton's Heisman since Dyer was down.

So there. 

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 2
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 8/23/2023 at 8:39 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Boy....this is not the kind of attitude I recall from when he was playing there and when he left!   (Seeing his success at Oregon has to make them a little butt-hurt)

Ridiculous.

Whaaaaaatt???!!!!

Talk about entitlement. He hasnt even played this year yet and they are on the band wagon?? 

Here's one for them, a Heisman is for the year you play not for 5 years ago. If anything, Auburn Hurt that kids development by having as many OC's for him as years he played. If Bo wins this year itsin large part to his adaptability with so many OC's over his College playing days. He struggled and then adapted. If he wins this year, he will have shown more than just play making ability but mental fortitude as well.

That's on Bo himself and not on Auburn. Good Grief!!

Edited by 1Funduck
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Murray = Oklahoma (not TA&M)

Burrow = LSU (not tOSU)

Williams = U$C (not Oklahoma)

So. Nope. Bo = Oregon, not Auburn. 

The team you did it with is the team you win it with. 

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 8/23/2023 at 12:23 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

He makes a good point, the tweeter....but I would counter that we had to un-Coach all of the poor development he got at Auburn for 3 years, and did so in 6 months.  Nope, we get the whole thing.

So there. 

Dilly made a difference at Auburn and also at Oregon. If Nix had stayed with the Tigers he would have been part of the Harsin demise.

At the QB position in particular your OC and the system you play in can make a world of difference.

I think one of the more interesting things to watch in 2023 will be how B1G castoffs Joe Milton at TN, Payton Thorne at Auburn, and Grahm Mertz at Florida play in the SEC. We've already seen how escaping Herm helped out Daniels at LSU.

Not only was Dyer down but Nick A. also shut $cam down. 

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 9:23 AM, idontrollonshobbas said:

And Cliff's interception was good!

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 11:11 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

And Cliff's interception was good!

That interception sticks in my craw more than the rest of the screwed up reffing. 

Wasn't there also also a $cam fumble recovered by Oregon called back?

That reffing crew was a completely flustered cluck...

• Thumbs Up 4

Can you imagine putting that up on your wall of honor or whatever it is Auburn has to remember their award winners...ridiculous, and embarrassing to even think that you could claim a piece of it.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I thought he made the interception, but no one paid me to ref.

Edited by Annie
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2

I get it now... that wrist contact was ignored, so Dwyer's didn't count either!

LOGICAL

On 8/23/2023 at 4:47 PM, Annie said:

I thought he made the interception, but no one paid me to ref.

And no one should have paid the B1G refs who were on the field and in the review booth for this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Where's my blood pressure meditation. The Harris int is burned into my memories. Grrr.

• Yikes! 1

Well... If Bo wins it... His trophy will be sitting next to Marcus's at Oregon. 

So Auburn can claim it if they want but if people ask to see it they'll have to come to Eugene. 

Where the trophy resides is where it belongs. 

• Applause 1

I suspect someone did pay them...

A nice article about Bo on Auburn site...

Goodman: A tribute to Bo Nix, a sport’s finest showman

Here at the beginning of the 2023 college football season, with everything happening so fast, it’s important to take a moment amid all the changes coming for this glorious sport and first offer our sincerest measure of gratitude for those elder statesmen of college football who have dedicated so much of their lives to giving us a form of entertainment that’s so … what’s the right word … unpredictable?

Nick Saban? No.

I’m talking about Bo Nix, of course, and if you’re wondering why the lede of this column ran on and on and on like a quarterback scramble on fourth-and-long against LSU, then it’s because the combined beauty of those 67 words stand as a metaphor for the length of Nix’s snaking, complicated career.

This is a Bo Nix appreciation column because maybe there’s no better way to welcome a new college football season here at what feels like the end of a sport’s greatest epoch than with a tribute to a player whose time in football has spanned some of the most transformative years in collegiate athletics.

Is Nix the face of change in college football? No clue, really, but he was once the face of Milo’s Sweet Tea and that feels like ages ago.

WWW.AL.COM

A theatrical genius enters his final act.

On 8/23/2023 at 9:23 AM, idontrollonshobbas said:

How about 4/5's of their Natty and the refs the other 1/5?

• Thumbs Up 1