FishDuck Article

The Season Starts as the Pac-12 Ends

Holy Smokes! How things can so quickly change. I take a few months off from contributing to FishDuck.com and the next thing I know the Pac-12 falls to pieces. Clearly, my absence had something to do with it (wink, wink). I mean, I figured there would be some repercussions to the state of college football without my wisdom and guidance ...

FISHDUCK.COM

Darren Perkins of FishDuck.com is back and as salty as ever as Oregon starts its final season in the Pac-12.
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

If greatness could be BOttled!

BOmbs away!

BO-rilliant!

• Thumbs Up 3

That's pretty good. Got me thinking about The Police song Message in a Bottle. 

"Message in a BOttle to Heisman voters: Bo for Heisman!"

It's too long and too stupid, but hey, we're just having fun here

Edited by Darren Perkins
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

How about one for a bilboard in the south

Mmmm... GumBO!

Could be a clever Oregon promotion in the deep south.

• Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

In contrast to Air Bo, how about Dare Bo! Could be an ad campaign Bare Bo, bring in the female fans? 

Always fun to read your stuff Mr. Perkins, well done!

• Wow 1

On 8/31/2023 at 6:22 AM, Log Haulin said:

How about one for a bilboard in the south

Mmmm... GumBO!

Could be a clever Oregon promotion in the deep south.

Definitely would wanna keep that one regional, New Yorkers might be a little thrown off. Oops.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/31/2023 at 6:28 AM, Haywarduck said:

In contrast to Air Bo, how about Dare Bo! Could be an ad campaign Bare Bo, bring in the female fans? 

Always fun to read your stuff Mr. Perkins, well done!

Thanks, and thanks for reading!

• Thumbs Up 1

Nix has big shoes to fill being tagged BOdacious

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

But, going out with a bang. CBS Sports rates the Pac-12 as the 2nd best football conference in 2023 behind; well, you know who.

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

The SEC is loaded with teams ready to make a run at the College Football Playoff National Championship

• Thumbs Up 1

BOmbs away!

Would go well with the Dallas billboard

• Thumbs Up 3

Botiful article Darren.

Thanks, and welcome back.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/31/2023 at 7:53 AM, Steven A said:

Botiful article Darren.

Thanks, and welcome back.

oh, there's one i didn't think of. thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

BOseman! Wyo not? 

Thanks for the article friend Darren, good to have you back at the keyboard.

Nice use of Anglo-Saxon onomatopoetic words. You made the late George Carlin's list!

Where would the Pac-12 be today if Uncle Phil had been the commissioner with the late Bob Sasser as assistant commissioner?

The Pac-12 Prex never met a business decision that they couldn't muff. 

On 8/31/2023 at 8:09 AM, Jon Joseph said:

BOseman! Wyo not? 

Thanks for the article friend Darren, good to have you back at the keyboard.

Nice use of Anglo-Saxon onomatopoetic words. You made the late George Carlin's list!

Where would the Pac-12 be today if Uncle Phil had been the commissioner with the late Bob Sasser as assistant commissioner?

The Pac-12 Prex never met a business decision that they couldn't muff. 

Uncle Phil, that would have been nice, as well as own the Blazers. If the Beavs go to the Mountain West, I wonder if he'll donate money to OSU to make them a Group of 5 power and a potential all-Oregon national championship game! Ya never know. Obviously he's a Duck, but also a state of Oregon guy through and through. He did donate money to the OSU baseball team that one time. Hmmmm.....

• Let’s hope! 1

BOrn to Lead.

Edited by woundedknees
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Darren!

So fun to have you back, and the part I loved the most?  As a publisher--you cracked me up with the Mr. Bodacious in the picture caption.  That is NOT our protocol, but I loved it.  Pretty clever slogans, and it reminded me again of how much I enjoy all the different styles of the writers at FishDuck.  Your humor is always welcome, and what a nice, "oh-yeah, that's Darren," moment for me.

So great to have you back!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 8/31/2023 at 7:33 AM, Jon Joseph said:

But, going out with a bang. CBS Sports rates the Pac-12 as the 2nd best football conference in 2023 behind; well, you know who.

And the new B1G is going to seriously challenge that...thanks to Dan Lanning!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Fun article and it's good to have you writing again, Darren.  But I have one BOne to pick with you.  (Don't be a Barren-Darren.)  Namely ...

"BOwling for Heisman: Nah, invokes thoughts of beer-drinking slobs and a certain slob movie director. Would not work well in the minds of Heisman voters."

I'll have you know that I was a respected professional TEQUILA-drinking slob BOwler.  And we enjoyed the companionship of beer-drinking slob BOwlers.  Although, they constantly threw their balls in the gutter.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/31/2023 at 9:01 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Darren!

So fun to have you back, and the part I loved the most?  As a publisher--you cracked me up with the Mr. Bodacious in the picture caption.  That is NOT our protocol, but I loved it.  Pretty clever slogans, and it reminded me again of how much I enjoy all the different styles of the writers at FishDuck.  Your humor is always welcome, and what a nice, "oh-yeah, that's Darren," moment for me.

So great to have you back!

Thanks, nice to be back in the saddle!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/31/2023 at 12:19 PM, Mudslide said:

Fun article and it's good to have you writing again, Darren.  But I have one BOne to pick with you.  (Don't be a Barren-Darren.)  Namely ...

"BOwling for Heisman: Nah, invokes thoughts of beer-drinking slobs and a certain slob movie director. Would not work well in the minds of Heisman voters."

I'll have you know that I was a respected professional TEQUILA-drinking slob BOwler.  And we enjoyed the companionship of beer-drinking slob BOwlers.  Although, they constantly threw their balls in the gutter.

Hey, it's not me, it's those dang Heisman voters! I just report on this stuff. ; )

Edited by Darren Perkins
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

BOtox the best trash?

Idk, I'm not a wordsmith. Welcome back! 

• Thumbs Up 1

How about BOciferous? 

More toward the general idea of the thread. How ironic would it be if a PAC Team (hopefully the Ducks) won the NC in the last year of the conference?

Maybe in football and basketball. 

• Thumbs Up 1

This whole idea of Nix for Heisman is Unbelieva-BO" Muahahahahahahaha!

• Thumbs Up 2

DumBO, smart as, well, you know……

• Thumbs Up 1