Mic

Lubbock Tx Weather Forecast

101F on Friday, 97F, Saturday. Natl. Weather Service

• Yikes! 1

So game time temperature on the field, maybe 107 with a sellout crowd of 60,454.  All that body temperature will compound on-field temperature.

This is at 7pm start time temperature.  The only saving grace is a low humidity index level.  Today's humidity level is 24%.  Let's hope it stays low.

One bright spot for this game, TT just put down a brand new turf just in time for this game.  They also added a new LED lighting system.  TT haven't had a lot time, practicing on this new field.  It will be sort of new to the team.  Maybe with the new field it will not be a disadvantage for the Ducks.

• Applause 1

On 9/5/2023 at 12:09 PM, Mic said:

101F on Friday, 97F, Saturday. Natl. Weather Service

And hooter on the field. 98 in Fort Worth last Saturday for CU/TCU and 106 on the field. And Hunter played 129 snaps?

Puddles, bring plenty of Gatorade and the lightest weight outfit!

• Thumbs Up 1

I expect the game will be hot for the first hour or so and then as the sun sets will cool off. If this were an afternoon game I would expect the heat to play a bigger factor but with a night game I doubt it will be a big deal.

FYI TO ANYONE ATTENDING THE GAME, we are doing some major stadium renovations and it will cause delays getting into the stadium, especially since it's the first game and the staff will need to work out the kinks. I suggest showing up at least 15 minutes prior to when you think you need to be there.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

That was nice to share that, thanks.

On 9/5/2023 at 1:18 PM, Mic said:

That was nice to share that, thanks.

I want to win but I also want Oregon fans to come here and have a good time and nothing is more frustrating than missing kickoff because you're waiting in line to get in the stadium.

If anyone is traveling to Lubbock feel free to post any questions you may have and I'll do my best to help y'all have a good trip.

• Thanks 1
  • Great post! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 2

On 9/5/2023 at 2:16 PM, RedRaider said:

FYI TO ANYONE ATTENDING THE GAME, we are doing some major stadium renovations and it will cause delays getting into the stadium, especially since it's the first game and the staff will need to work out the kinks. I suggest showing up at least 15 minutes prior to when you think you need to be there

Will be fun for fans with all the new renovations you are doing to the stadium.  All towards a great game time experience.  I had to move around a lot.  One of the cities I lived in was Waco, TX.

• Like 1

Dear fellow Ducks fans:  How often do you hear anything negative about Tex Tech fans?

Now, compare that to what you hear about Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas St, ...   The Ducks are playing a class program, a very prideful program who have very loyal fans.  If you can attend, your interactions will be respectful.   And, despite what happened in Laramie, a very tough opponent in Lubbock.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/5/2023 at 11:44 AM, HDuck said:

Dear fellow Ducks fans:  How often do you hear anything negative about Tex Tech fans?

How often? Never.  Good luck; but GO Ducks!

• Go Ducks! 1

I know a couple of Red Raider fans, and they taught me to, 'Get your Guns Up."  Passionate fans, and good people....just like the community here on the OBD forum.

DSC_0400.JPG

• Go Ducks! 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/5/2023 at 8:10 PM, Jon Joseph said:

And hooter on the field. 98 in Fort Worth last Saturday for CU/TCU and 106 on the field. And Hunter played 129 snaps?

As if 97° on the field isn't enough, the Ducks will have to deal with the distraction of hooters. I understand they really like that stuff in Texas, though. 

• Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1

Does Oregon use the Coolmitt for its players? It would seem Oregon Football program would have all the tricks. If I was having to do something in that extreme heat I would be doing the Coolmitt and more!

WWW.COOLMITT.COM

Core cooling technology allowing you to work out longer and with more intensity. Designed for the Military, Firefighters and Athletes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Duck fans wearing GREEN in Lubbock?

• Thumbs Up 1

If we really have the depth that I think we do. Advantage Ducks. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Will be a very nice stadium with great upgrades when completed.  The LED system and new turf will be fully operational for the game.  Expect some work arounds for the game.

Gameday Guide

TEXASTECH.COM

-->  Gameday Guide TEXAS TECH vs. OREGON Saturday, September 9th  | 6:00pm CT Jones AT&T Stadium, Lubbock, TX | TV:  FOX | ...

Tech foes to have makeshift dressing arrangement for '23 season

Opposing teams to dress in trailers in east parking lot of Jones AT&T Stadium as a temporary work-around

WWW.LUBBOCKONLINE.COM

Opposing teams to suit up in trailers in east parking lot of Jones AT&T Stadium

On 9/5/2023 at 3:37 PM, DucksWinTheDay said:

Duck fans wearing GREEN in Lubbock?

The official color selection for Oregon fans to wear is white.

Here's a breakdown of the schedule featuring what color to wear:

• September 2nd vs. Portland State - Wear Yellow
  • September 9th @ Texas Tech - Wear White
  • September 16th vs. Hawaii - Wear Green
  • September 23rd vs. Colorado - Wear Yellow
  • September 30th @ Stanford - Wear Black
  • October 14th @ Washington - Wear White
  • October 21st vs. Washington State - Wear Green
  • October 28th @ Utah - Wear Green
  • November 4th vs. California - Wear Yellow
  • November 11th vs. USC - Wear Black
  • November 18th @ ASU - Wear White
  • November 24th vs. Oregon State - Wear Green

• Thumbs Up 1

Even at home I follow the code

• Great post! 1

No problem with weather, they just turn up heat and humidity in the Moshofsky for practice.

Just another day......no excuses......blow them off the field. 

Our locker rooms will be temp trailers?! Anybody want to start a betting pool on the odds the AC "breaks" in one or more of them?

• Applause 1

Revised report: 98F, slight chance of Thunder storms

I am kind of surprised that more of you haven't engaged Red Raider with questions about Lubbock, the Raider team, places to eat etc. Maybe because not many Duck fans are traveling??

Over the past several years for OOC games of some consequence, a fan of the opposing team will get on the Dawg forum, ask questions, respond to Dawg fans' questions, and these end up as fun discussions. Some of these inter-fan exchanges have gone on all week, They are really kind of cool and always seem to quite civil. Most of the fans brave enough to hop on the opposing team's forums are typically quite knowledgeable about their team and can be valuable sources of information. Try it sometime, You might just like the discussions that ensue.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/6/2023 at 10:28 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

I am kind of surprised that more of you haven't engaged Red Raider with questions about Lubbock, the Raider team, places to eat etc. Maybe because not many Duck fans are traveling??

We'd love to visit Lubbock sometime.  Just not this year. We've heard a lot about what a nice city it is.  And Buddy Holly's museum!

Good luck Saturday.  Game on -

Fortunately, it won't be terribly hot on Saturday, and the humidity oddly won't be that bad -- around 35%.

Plus, given that game time is at 6 CST, and sunset is at about 7, they should be playing in very little direct sunlight... which is great because direct sunlight increases the temp by about +12°.

All in all, I just don't want to hear any excuses related to the weather. 

I think the endzones are north and south. Should be some shade on the west sideline being that late in the day. Not sure what side the visitor sideline is though.

On 9/7/2023 at 9:34 AM, Mic said:

We'd love to visit Lubbock sometime.  Just not this year. We've heard a lot about what a nice city it is.  And Buddy Holly's museum!

Good luck Saturday.  Game on -

Every day the game is getting closer. Will Puddles be on a pushup roller coaster? A cover for me will surely (?) come my way.

• Haha 1

On 9/7/2023 at 2:08 PM, Log Haulin said:

I think the endzones are north and south. Should be some shade on the west sideline being that late in the day. Not sure what side the visitor sideline is though.

This is true. Most of the west side will be in shade for the whole game but the east side will still be very hot for the first hour or so. Visiting team's sideline will be in the sun but after the first hour it will be fine. I don't expect weather to play a big factor in this game. I've never said this before but I kind of wish it were an afternoon game and Tech could really take advantage of the 100 degree weather.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/7/2023 at 2:45 PM, RedRaider said:

This is true. Most of the west side will be in shade for the whole game but the east side will still be very hot for the first hour or so. Visiting team's sideline will be in the sun but after the first hour it will be fine. I don't expect weather to play a big factor in this game. I've never said this before but I kind of wish it were an afternoon game and Tech could really take advantage of the 100 degree weather.

Thats fair enough. I would fully expect any home team to take advantage of whatever they can. Good gamesmanship I 🫡

Welcome to OBDF. Many ooc opposing teams fans have come. Some have stayed. Hope you find this forum welcoming, intelligent and insightful.

Hope you become a fan of Oregon after your experience this week. Win or lose. They are a great team to follow. Enjoy the game.

• Applause 1

On 9/7/2023 at 2:45 PM, RedRaider said:

I've never said this before but I kind of wish it were an afternoon game and Tech could really take advantage of the 100 degree weather.

I don't think Tech will need the extra edge.