GatOrlando

Oregon State is Oregon's Team

Anybody see this video from the Beavs? 

• Haha 2

Nice little hype video, but they are only one of Oregon’s teams.

Oregon has a LOT of teams, from elementary schools, junior high schools and high schools, all the way up through junior college and universities.  All of them are Oregon’s teams.

The Beavers can preen and moan and  cry and swagger all they want, but EVERYONE knows who tho top team in our state is, and it ain’t the one in Corvallis.

There is only one Oregon team that consistently competes with the big boys, and that is Our Beloved Ducks!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I laughed at the line "We believe in building success, not buying it". What does that mean? So those renovations to the stadium were built freely by the sons and daughters of Oregonians? They don't need the money from the PAC's corpse? I liked Washington State's hype video more.

Edited by GatOrlando
  • Thumbs Up 1

Every school would accept an uncle Phil.  Parker stadium sold the naming rights in 1999 to Reser Stadium for 5 million for 10 years.  OSU got another 7.5 million when they continued the contract until 2024.

OSU got an anonymous donation of 50 million to help reach 150 million to renovate the stadium.

Sports aren't free.

On 9/28/2023 at 7:12 PM, GatOrlando said:

Anybody see this video from the Beavs? 

Not until now.  That's a brash statement wouldn't you say?  More like:  "OSU is Oregon's Pac-2 Team".  Now that would be more like it.

• Haha 2

Telling that the "building" statement is highlighted by video of a large chunk getting blown out of Reser Stadium.

I prefer my Oregon GREEN. 

That's why, when all the evergreens on our property turned orange, we replanted, with fresh, healthy stock!

• Haha 1

Pretty cocky to say 'we are Oregon's team!' Seems like something they would attack if Oregon was to be so brash as to say the same.

Oregon is but one team in the state we all love, called Oregon.

I find it interesting the beavs need to overstate their place.  Maybe it is because they aren't even number 1 in the Pac-2, at this point.

• Yikes! 1
  • Mic drop 1

On 9/29/2023 at 10:06 AM, Haywarduck said:

Pretty cocky to say 'we are Oregon's team!' Seems like something they would attack if Oregon was to be so brash as to say the same.

Oregon is but one team in the state we all love, called Oregon.

I find it interesting the beavs need to overstate their place.  Maybe it is because they aren't even number 1 in the Pac-2, at this point

Pretty telling that it wasn't a med student( I guess she could be), or an engineering major doing the narration. Rather a Student-Athlete, and the video showed their football stadium imploding, only to be shown being built back up. With the line they build success, rather than buying it. Then she said they don't follow trends, they set them.

Kind of a big lie, since they've engaged in talks(allegedly) to join other conferences. They've only landed on the relegation PAC 2 model because it's the only one they see as keeping a P5 membership. They would jump at a Big 12 invite tomorrow. Like I said, I like Washington State's hype video more. They simply said they are a powerful University, with great support. 

But I get it. They know that this is the height of their position of attention right now. They have a nationally relevant football team, they are still in a power league. They have games coming up against Washington, Oregon, and USC, and an outside shot of still making the playoffs. The college football world is sympathetic to them.

They'll be put on the back burner next year, and as this conference realignment story goes away from a PAC oriented situation. They will be forgotten, as will Washington State. Schools like Boston College, Wake Forest, and North Carolina State will be thrust into the spotlight. If the ACC implodes, those three will be left in the wilderness. Best case scenario? The ACC adds Oregon State and Washington State to buffer their numbers. Keep that ESPN deal in place. 39 million a year for it's existing members, if they stay above 15 members.

Can Oregon State survive at a reduced revenue stream , like Stanford or Cal? Lot's of travel expenses incoming.

On 9/29/2023 at 9:42 AM, woundedknees said:

I prefer my Oregon GREEN. 

Well, I hear OSU's colors become really popular around the end of October. Although, that very rarely lasts into Bowl Season. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/29/2023 at 12:07 PM, Krsmqn said:

Well, I hear OSU's colors become really popular around the end of October. Although, that very rarely lasts into Bowl Season. 

Right about that time that orange pumpkin on your front porch is beginning to rot?

• Haha 1

On 9/28/2023 at 8:42 PM, GatOrlando said:

I laughed at the line "We believe in building success, not buying it".

So, DJ Uiagalelei just showed up wanting to be a part of that building process?

Edited by Washington Waddler
spacing

On 9/29/2023 at 8:44 AM, Mic said:

Not until now.  That's a brash statement wouldn't you say?  More like:  "OSU is Oregon's Pac-2 Team".  Now that would be more like it.

It's like a thinly veiled slap at Oregon. " We aren't like you greedy Ducks. We Beavers , build our dams pro bono". 😏

• Haha 1

On 9/29/2023 at 12:23 PM, Washington Waddler said:

So, DJ Uiagalelei just showed up wanting to be a part of that building process?

He didn't even need to use dynamite, he's that explosive.

On 9/29/2023 at 2:14 PM, GatOrlando said:

It's like a thinly veiled slap at Oregon. " We aren't like you greedy Ducks. We Beavers , build our dams pro bono". 😏

I mean, it's not like the U-of-O is not still in Oregon, or won't still play their home games in Oregon, for crying out loud.  I guess it's the best thing the brain trust in Corvallis could come up with.  "Oregon's Team".  What happens when OSU decides on a new conference somewhere, do they then stop being 'Oregon's Team'?  Ridiculous.  It puts a stamp on all this nonsense and how sad or pathetic the premature ending of the Pac-12 as a conference has become.  Thanks Klavikoff.  For nothing.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/29/2023 at 3:46 PM, Mic said:

I mean, it's not like the U-of-O is not still in Oregon, or won't still play their home games in Oregon, for crying out loud.  I guess it's the best thing the brain trust in Corvallis could come up with.  "Oregon's Team".  What happens when OSU decides on a new conference somewhere, do they then stop being 'Oregon's Team'?  Ridiculous.  It puts a stamp on all this nonsense and how sad or pathetic the premature ending of the Pac-12 as a conference has become.  Thanks Klavikoff.  For nothing.

Oregon State and Washington State are blaming the wrong people. If there was any sort of leadership, the PAC would be alive. That Apple deal was just the latest bad choice in a series of many. The Washington President worded it perfectly in her press conference announcing their move.

" When the greatest benefit of the media deal with Apple is that you can get out of it in a couple years. That's very telling".

Clemson and FSU aren't happy with 39 million a year. Oregon would have stayed in a PAC with that sort of guarantee imo. They are settling for less than that for the remainder of the current B1G deal. But they'll get full shares in the next deal, and with the B1G being what it is, there will be a better deal. Rutgers, Maryland and Nebraska are now getting full shares. Think they're happy to not be in the ACC or Big 12 now? Utah still wants a B1G invite.

Oregon St is Oregon's team with the least viewers -just sayin.

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

On 9/28/2023 at 8:42 PM, GatOrlando said:

... "We believe in building success, not buying it"...

I love the fact that they DON'T acknowledge that PK donates money to their school (UW and WSU too). When UO, UW, And UU make big bowls they bring additional money to the coffers! OSU has had how many big bowl appearances? How have they contributed these last 20 years? Maybe they are the true Oregon team...of the 80s.

• Haha 1

Your chainsaw is calling...

#Ĝo.Crank.It.

Anybody else catch the player waving a toy power tool on the beavich sideline, late in the game?

Edited by woundedknees

The one thing in Oregon State's defense of saying they are Oregon's team is the number of players from Oregon on the roster, especially on scholarship.

That does count for something in my book.

All my Beavus friends, and there are many, like to snivel about pretty much everything. 

On 9/30/2023 at 7:18 AM, Solar said:

The one thing in Oregon State's defense of saying they are Oregon's team is the number of players from Oregon on the roster, especially on scholarship.

The Herberts, Tyners and Lyerla's of Oregon go to UO. That also counts 

I'm glad the RiverRats won. Definitely a big win for them and hopefully they will continue to do well until we spank them at the end of the season

But they're now 4-1, and the fans rush the field? Maybe it's just me, but really?

Or maybe if it was a late, dramatic, come from behind win, which it wasn't. 

I'm wide open to being corrected here, but rushing the field used to kinda be reserved for things like winning a championship, or a big win over your in-state rival. And, of course, it's not just OSU fans doing it. 

And then again, maybe I'm just old. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/30/2023 at 8:43 AM, Desert Duck said:

I'm glad the RiverRats won. Definitely a big win for them and hopefully they will continue to do well until we spank them at the end of the season

But they're now 4-1, and the fans rush the field? Maybe it's just me, but really?

Or maybe if it was a late, dramatic, come from behind win, which it wasn't. 

I'm wide open to being corrected here, but rushing the field used to kinda be reserved for things like winning a championship, or a big win over your in-state rival. And, of course, it's not just OSU fans doing it. 

And then again, maybe I'm just old. 

If Buffs beat the spread do they rush the field? My money is on yes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/30/2023 at 7:18 AM, Solar said:

Only if they are four or five star players, because that is what Oregon needs to win a ‘Natty.

If Beavus wants to waste scholarships on tons of diamonds in the rough, good for them. But we need the very best possible to take on Ohio State, Michigan. Penn State, Etc. next year.

In-state talent is nice, and makes a great story, but for what we are trying to achieve… It does not matter, IMHO.

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/30/2023 at 9:22 AM, Log Haulin said:

100%. And if I was a Buffs fan there, I'd be in the middle of that. 

But CU situation is night & day different than the Beavers. The Beavs have gone 10-3 & 10-4, respectively, over the last two seasons -- while winning last year's Holiday Bowl. 

For the last 6 seasons, the CU Buffs football program has essentially been dog-poo-poo, wrapped in cat crapola --- going 22-42, culminating in last years' cherry on top 1-11 season.

Say what want about Deion & Co, and while USC is obviously going to simply rock their world today, if they were to pull out a win, to me, that would be semi-close to the NCAA Football equivalent of the 1980 US Olympic hockey teams' "Miracle on Ice."

So yeah, I'd be rushing the ice... I mean grass, too. 

Is it a big deal that OSU fans rushed the field last night? Of course not. But I just think that it's become nowhere near as special as it once was. And again, maybe that's just my old-guy-ness talking. 

On 9/30/2023 at 9:22 AM, Log Haulin said:

Sorry, I mis-read this earlier. If they beat the spread do they rush the field?

Hmmm... maybe 😉

They did not win against New Mexico State, but they beat the spread!

They did not win, but beat the spread vs. New Mexico_OSU Athletics.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Was that a rush the field type upset? Was it even truly an upset? What was the line? Once Oregon State got to 21 points, the game was over. Utah needs Rising back, they don't have the ability to matchup with the great QB's if they don't.

Maybe USC😂. Although I think the Trojans will put up 70 on them if presented the chance. They really feel like losing twice to them last year was unacceptable. If they feel Oregon is a never was, I can imagine how they feel about Utah.

If asking for Oregon taxpayers to bail you out because you lost money during the Covid-19 season makes you Oregon’s team…then, yes, Oregon State is Oregon’s team.  

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

During a public hearing before the House Interim Committee On Higher Education, school presidents and athletic directors detailed how the implosion of the Pac-12 — and Oregon’s defection to the Big Ten — will impact the schools and their athletic departments moving forward.

Edited by OregonDucks

Well, I think they may be Oregon Taxpayers team.  The Beavs athletic dept has taken money the Legislature allocated to OSU, and used it for filling a hole in the AD's budget.

And, just this past Thursday AD and President were in front of a Legislative committee in Salem laying the groundwork to ask "for help" which is really code for a hand out.

On 9/30/2023 at 3:03 PM, HDuck said:

Well, I think they may be Oregon Taxpayers team.  The Beavs athletic dept has taken money the Legislature allocated to OSU, and used it for filling a hole in the AD's budget.

And, just this past Thursday AD and President were in front of a Legislative committee in Salem laying the groundwork to ask "for help" which is really code for a hand out.

Does UCLA have to pay Cal now that they are ACC bound? Could Oregone State be angling an Oregon payment? Especially if the coffers of the PAC aren't full.

Yes, UCLA still has to pay CAL.  It will likely be 10 mil a year.

If WSU leaves for a other conference and nobody wants the Beavs, they can make a NEW hype video saying:

"We ARE the PAC"

• Haha 1

Jonathan Smith does not need to "ask the Great Pumpkin for a new battle plan." His plan is working. Just ask the Utes. (Allusion to "Snoopy versus the Red Baron" by The Royal Guardsmen)

The Beavers will be my team in the new Pacific Mountain conference, in which I wish them every success. Sincerely. 

Edited by Triphibius