Charles Fischer

Disgusting: What Washington Fans Are Predicting...

It is no surprise that most Husky fans are predicting a Washington victory, and most by close scores.  However I am surprised at the percentage of purple fans who believe some really over-the-top stuff, and I thought I'd share their opinions about the game below.  They don't call this "Husky Hate Week" for nothing...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Omg if their defense is better, its very very very minuscule amount. I would take our QB and offense over theirs any day. Their secondary is awful."

"While I'm feeling trepidation, my gut is telling me this is a BREAKOUT game for the DAWGS! I think UO's defensive stats are overinflated by playing Portland St. and some other HORRIBLE teams. I am feeling a blowout of the ducks to solidify UW as an elite contender for the NC this year. I'm reticent to predict, but that is a growing gut feeling. I'm very at ease going into this game and we'll win by double digits.

Of course, Lanning has his fingerprints on all things defense but I'm sorry...Tosh Lupoi (Oregon's DC) vs. our OC, Ryan Grubb, is a total and complete mismatch."

"Omg I'm so done. The ducks defense is not good. They should have lost to a hapless Texas Tech team. Their crap secondary will get dominated."

"Those who believe in Oregon's D seem to think that they can routinely win individual match-ups against our offense; I think that's folly. They can scheme to take away the deep ball, but they don't have the guys to handle Odunze/Polk/McMillen in single coverage without a LOT of holding and PIs. Ditto for their LBs on our TEs."

"Our offense is much better. Our defense is much better. We've played AZ and Cal. Phil Knight's wet dream have played no one. We win by 12."

"UW 42-Ducks 24"

Thursday Washington Football Links: Freaking Out - UW Dawg Pound

Rome Odunze

"Assuming Rome and J-Mac are both healthy, I think it’s UW 42 Ducks 28."

"On the second series of the game, Lanning decides to go for it on 4th and 3 from their own 30 and Nix throws a pick-6 to ZTF. Dawgs hang 40 on the Ducks - in the first half - on their way to an easy 56-12 win."

"45 - 31 Dawgs. Mark it!!"

"45-24 Huskies win."

"To Husky fans worried about this game, and Oregon's defense in particular, let me help alleviate your anxiety. How? Go watch the Texas Tech game. It's the one team with an offensive pulse that Oregon has played this year. How did the vaunted Ducks D perform? Well...they gave up 456 total yards (282 passing and 174 rushing) and 30 points to Texas Tech. Tyler Shough threw 3 TDs and his offense had no trouble moving the football. HINT: Washington's offense is an order of magnitude better than Texas Tech's.

But what about Colorado, the naysayers cry! Well, CU has no running game and can't protect its QB. So sure, Oregon figured that out and could handle Colorado (minus its most electric receiver). Color me not impressed.

I believe the Huskies are going to score early and often in this game. And with the help of Husky Stadium, a few Oregon miscues will tilt the balance in our favor. Call it Huskies 45, Ducks 31."

Michael Penix Jr. - Football - University of Washington Athletics

Michael Penix

"This is the game where KDB removes the safety straps. Time to release the Dawgs. I think we win, and win big. Dawgs roll 51-31."

"You can’t honestly tell me you are scared of their defense. Who have they played? Do not give me Colorado at Autzen. Their secondary is garbage and I guess the huskies will have to remind you this Saturday."

"UW 42-28, first of multiple losses for the ducks. They end 9-3 and start to ask if Dan Lanning can coach to the level needed against good teams."

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

I find myself completely and totally speechless.... wow.

Delusion knows no bounds in Husky land, I see.

On 10/13/2023 at 2:19 PM, CjAllen180 said:

I find myself completely and totally speechless.... wow.

Delusion knows no bounds in Husky land, I see.

Try living in the area, I see it all up front and center.  Oy vey!  🤦‍♂️

On 10/13/2023 at 4:22 PM, kirklandduck said:

Try living in the area, I see it all up front and center.  Oy vey!  🤦‍♂️

I can only imagine. I live in Texarkana, Texas (the same city LMJ is from) and I catch all sorts of grief from people who AREN'T Husky fans. 

You stay strong behind enemy lines!

• Salute 1

So... Apparently our worst game of the year against Texas Tech which was game 2 and playing on a field that with over 100 degree heat... Is a worse win (a win by 8 where we cover the spread) than the Huskies worst win against Arizona where they win by 7.

I think if Shough stayed healthy TT would be ranked by season's end ... But not at this rate. 

Arizona... They're better than most give them credit for... But they aren't a world beater. Listening to them amp up their Zona wins sounds like they won a top 15 match up this year... They didn't... It will be a miracle if Zona makes a bowl game this year.

Neither team has played "anyone" at this point. But it's also in how you dispose of your lesser opponents matters. Both teams have done a decent job of not letting teams stick around. Both have had a scare on the road. 

But I still think the Ducks have more going for them. I won't claim to know their team better than Husky fans but they really do claim to know our team better than us which is silly. 

I've learned to read very little of what emanates from the north.  And their social media posts are drenched in so much hyperbole and vitriol that I just learned to waste no energy reading them.

I can' wait to see the excuses next, because the dawgs have plenty.

images.jpeg

Fans will be fans, the focus on TT is acceptable.  If I had to chose a "Down" game I'd take a week 2 away game after which has been continual improvement vs a week 5 squeaker. I prefer my teams to be on the upswing heading into the difficult part of their schedule vs regression.

We will see soon enough what these teams are made of.

Going to be a great game. One of the best all year. Perfect weather for football. 

It seems to be a genuine tossup. Vegas has Washington up 3 but that is the traditional at home advantage.......Oregon is within a reasonable drive so there may be more green in the audience than normal. 

I guess it's which one wants it more and makes the fewest mistakes.

Hold on to that ball! 

Whoever wins this one deserves a top 5. 

Personally I think the Oregon pass rush is a lot better.......Penix is going to be under the type of pressure he has never seen before. I think Nix will have sufficient time to run the Duck offense. I also think Oregon has a bit more team speed. 

Oregon 35 Washington 24

I hope Lanning uses this in his pre-game speech to fire out our D.  We play for WINS!

• Thumbs Up 1

Ducks should have won last year if not for a dirty play by a UW D-lineman injuring Bo Nix. I trust DL and Lupoi will come up with a scheme to slow down the Husky passing attack and put constant pressure on Penix. Still predict a very close one though, a FG or TD (at most) difference either way. Of course, I hope - no, actually I know - OBD will be on the right side of that. Go Ducks!

Edited by OceaniaDuck

That's a pretty confident sounding bunch all right.  Going to be fun listening to the silence Sunday morning coming out of Seattle.

• Thumbs Up 1

You see , this is what I grew up with. It's okay to have a competitive fiery attitude to your foes. I haven't seen much of that coming from the West coast since moving to the region. It's good to want to crush your enemies on Friday, and Saturday. Come Sunday evening, you'll still be invited over for a good home cooked meal.

What happens in between those lines, stays there. Maybe , just maybe, we may steal your mascot for the weekend. But we'll return it unharmed after the game. In Alabama there was that guy that poisoned that really old Auburn tree. I don't condone that, but if anybody ever wanted to eliminate that creepy Stanford tree, I would look the other way.

• Haha 2

Of course the husky fans drink their own brand of purple kool aid just as we drink the duck kool aid. Its what fans do.....

So awesome........

You can feel the angst in most of those husky rants. Especially the ones who havent watched a single Duck game.

I ask myself why the great husky machine was playing MSU on Peacock while the Ducks were on National TV against the Buffs?

I must be a Duck homer to have asked that question.....

I happened to catch the last few minutes of talkin huskies on root sports just a few minutes ago.

Softie played a clip from the leg lifters D coordinator. His concern was the powerful, e.xplosive Duck running game and how much it opened up everything for the Ducks.

Then Softie asked, i think Cam Neeland his thoughts on the game. His thoughts were that the husky D needed to make Bo, one dimensional. Take the running game away and force Bo to throw deep. If they didn't and the Duck running game got loose then it was going to be a long, miserable day for the huskies.

Real fans, just like talking heads know this game is a toss up. Both teams can score quick and often. Which Defense shines will determine this game.

Dilusional husky fans, well that is another story.......and you would need a physco physicologist therapist, palm reader and a voodoo witch doctor to figure out......

Go Ducks........

Predictably disgusting. Like picking up after a walk with a Husky.

• Haha 1

Did anyone see Lockrd on Ducks host Spencer picked Fusky. In front of 2 Fusky fans.

Dude! WTH.

I question the level of fandom Spencer has. This is unacceptable.

I remember when we were that scared and insecure.

On 10/13/2023 at 5:25 PM, CjAllen180 said:

I can only imagine. I live in Texarkana, Texas (the same city LMJ is from) and I catch all sorts of grief from people who AREN'T Husky fans. 

You stay strong behind enemy lines!

Yep. I went to college an hour from there. Gotta love the “Ark-La-Tex” It’s a mix of Hogs, Tigers, Sooners, Aggies/Horns fans. Every one of them has a superiority complex. They hate the PAC 12 because USC and Oregon were making moves on their talent pool.

I'm predicting a Ducked-up Fusky. 😁