FishDuck Article

Chaos in Troy Brings Great Joy

After a couple weeks of narrow escapes against “lesser” opponents, USC was finally exposed for who they truly are in back-to-back losses to Notre Dame and Utah. Pretending time is over for the supposed “crown jewel” of B1G expansion. USC’s return to glory is still a ways away. Some observations… Caleb “The Quitter” Williams? I think it is more rumor ...

FISHDUCK.COM

After a couple weeks of narrow escapes against “lesser” opponents, USC was finally exposed for who they truly are in back-to-back losses to...
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Go Ducks!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Lincoln Riley illness ignites plan to have Dennis Simmons as head coach, Kliff Kingsbury as assistant -- and everyone's talking

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

This feels like a Russian novel, but it’s happening at USC.

Fun to kick them when they are down, but we better kick them when they come calling.

The spoiled children are still dangerous, and hopefully the coaches and players can keep their head down and just play football. 

Fortunately the Riley led team hasn't really beaten anyone formidable, or had an upset, just lost to ranked teams and lost bowl games, repeat.

The trojans faithful should have seen this one coming like a train coming down the tracks heading the wrong direction. They just saw the bright light of the Heisman trophy, and didn't realize it was a train wreck gaining speed. 

All we can do is wait for the next train wreck. From their supposed great AD hire, who blew up the Pac-12, to Riley sc is that gift you open up with promise, but it's just something pathetic each time.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Riley resting at home per doctors orders . . . is that Dr. Carol L. Folt?

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1

The Trojans aren’t winning big football games, but following USC football is never boring.

And, that is what's important in the L.A. attention economy, that people are talking.

I'm with Haywardduck and am going to hold off on the trash talk until after November 11th.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/26/2023 at 5:29 AM, NJDuck said:

Lincoln Riley illness ignites plan to have Dennis Simmons as head coach, Kliff Kingsbury as assistant -- and everyone's talking

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

This feels like a Russian novel, but it’s happening at USC.

I bet he's sick! (i do hope he's ok)

On 10/26/2023 at 9:16 AM, jrw said:

The Trojans aren’t winning big football games, but following USC football is never boring.

And, that is what's important in the L.A. attention economy, that people are talking.

I'm with Haywardduck and am going to hold off on the trash talk until after November 11th.

Sure, they are dangerous and could beat the Ducks, but sometimes you just gotta talk the talk and then walk the walk, and I think the Ducks will. If not, I eat crow!

On 10/26/2023 at 8:28 AM, Steven A said:

Riley resting at home per doctors orders . . . is that Dr. Carol L. Folt?

Good call. She's probably a little under the weather herself. 

On 10/26/2023 at 7:03 AM, Haywarduck said:

Fun to kick them when they are down, but we better kick them when they come calling.

The spoiled children are still dangerous, and hopefully the coaches and players can keep their head down and just play football. 

Fortunately the Riley led team hasn't really beaten anyone formidable, or had an upset, just lost to ranked teams and lost bowl games, repeat.

The trojans faithful should have seen this one coming like a train coming down the tracks heading the wrong direction. They just saw the bright light of the Heisman trophy, and didn't realize it was a train wreck gaining speed. 

All we can do is wait for the next train wreck. From their supposed great AD hire, who blew up the Pac-12, to Riley sc is that gift you open up with promise, but it's just something pathetic each time.

If we play Duck football, we win, but of course the Trojans have a knock out punch in their arsenal. 

On 10/26/2023 at 9:27 AM, Darren Perkins said:

I bet he's sick! (i do hope he's ok)

Sounds more like 'House Uhh-Rest'...

• Thumbs Up 1

As much as I dislike Riley and the hype train he pilots at U$C, I will moderate my schadenfreude at the Trojenz' self inflicted wounds.

It all means diddly squat until the week before the November 11 match up in Autzen. Then it's coaching, watching film and game planning to exploit the weaknesses in their defense and limiting the damage Williams and their offense can do.

History tells us that they usually wrinkle and fold like their disposable namesake when faced with adversity and dashed hopes. However, they have a lot of talent so Oregon cannot be lulled into a sense of false security over U$C's travails.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

I predicted 8-4...same as Helton's pre-season number 4 or 5 ranked USuC teams.  Would love to see the year they actually finished 5-7, but I'll laugh all the way about 8-4 too

After hiring Riley for absurd amounts of money, then announcing to everyone that they are back in the hunt for a title. There seems to be some buyer’s remorse with the money that has been spent on their coach, and QB. 

It would be even more entertaining if Riley did go to the NFL mid-season.

Would love to watch that meltdown. 

Thank you, Darren. I always enjoy your takes. BTW, Riley is 0-3 in playoff games. Little Game Lincoln?

There is no way Caleb is the #1 pick if he quits on his team. His agent who has a stake in the game knows this and will advise Caleb, if it even crosses Caleb's mind, not to quit. The rookie money for a 1st round draft pick is significantly higher than it is for players taken later in the 1st round.

And next season, Caleb will not be cozying up to Sherriff Boz in Fansville. (1st DJU and now Caleb. College QBs, stay away from Fansville.)

IMO, I think the guy is a competitor and he will not quit. With any kind of defense, he should have scored the winning TD last Saturday just as he did against Arizona. Yes, he was petulant post-game and exhibited no class in the loss but he battled until the final possession.

Addison to the NFL has hurt the Trojans wide receiver corps. Singer who was lights out at Arizona in 2022 has not come close to replacing Addison and Mario Williams's game has also fallen off.

The Trojans OL which was supposed to be a strength, has dropped off. As has SC's run game without Travis Dye, who was also a weapon as a receiver.

On paper, SC added studs on D but they still are coached by the Grinch Who Stole Defense. Which is on Riley. The late game roughing the passer call against "portal stud" Bear Alexander was a game changer. Bear knew it. He was crying on the Troy sideline. 

Nevertheless, a wounded SC will be a dangerous opponent. And IMO, Caleb will be on the field in Autzen.

I'll laugh when I can laugh last.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm with Haywarduck and am going to hold off on the trash talk until after November 11th.

Not me.  Too much fun, and I'll take my punishment later if we lose...

giphy.gif

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 4

Mr. FishDuck

What they need to do is trade the Trojan Horse in for a Stallion. It worked for a former Stanford head coach.

• Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1

And Darren?  A title that jabs AND rhymes?  Love it!

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

Maybe a Shetland Pony.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/26/2023 at 4:29 PM, Charles Fischer said:

giphy.gif

Beam Me Up!

On 10/26/2023 at 1:29 PM, Charles Fischer said:

giphy.gif

It's not like anything we say here has any bearing on whether the Ducks win or lose. So you might as well enjoy yourself and toss as many road apples at the feckless Trojenz as you want.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

if we lose...

Huge IF

giphy.gif

Yup, we're at the point as a program to talk with confidence and back it up. 

Seems there are some rumors circulating that Grinch will be gone at the end of the season no matter what happens.  

Darn, I think he’s a great D coordinator.😉😉

• Haha 1

I think Cal upsets USC this weekend ... If that happens that's an major program implosion. 

I did it... I'm saying Cal beats USC and embarrasses them big time. 

• Applause 1
  • Like 1

I agree, as fans we can talk all the hype we want.

What I like is the culture Dan Lanning is building isn't about talk, at all!

I see them as a 7 - 5 team with a bowl game that Williams skips, which I don't blame him.

If he does, it will be interesting how many more seniors and draft eligible players join him on the sidelines.

That could realistically result in a 7 - 6 season 

Oh, how the UNmighty have reached their potential!

Lincoln Riley returns to USC practice after being treated for pneumonia

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Riley is back, and now we know he did not have COVID-19.