Charles Fischer

What FLAG Will USC Carry Onto the Field?

The last time the Trojans came to Autzen, the terror attacks in Nice France occurred, and as a show of support--they surprised the Oregon crowd with what they brought out during their entrance.

Rarely has carrying the French Flag_Gary Breedlove.jpg

While it was a nice gesture...rarely has carrying the French flag into battle worked out well.

"I never said I was noble."

(Photo from great FishDuck photographer Gary Breedlove)

• Haha 2
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

To counter our Total Blackout the Spoiled Children will bring a white flag. They will wave it at the end of the third quarter while we joyously sing SHOUT.

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

In an Apple News article that most of us do not have access to--USC HC Lincoln Riley admitted that...

USC didn’t review any of the game tape of their loss to Washington. Said with a new DC in the seat, why go back and harp on all the things that went wrong?

Riley says that losing one game at Oregon won’t define the program or have a material impact on recruiting.

Wow.  He is waving the flags already.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Cool 1
  • Wow 3
  • Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 2
  • Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

I would be shocked if the white flag doesn’t come out long before the end of the 3rd quarter.  The Ducks are superior in ever facet of the game and I think the defense will frustrate Caleb early and get a score in the first half to cement a big lead.  Utah’s defense is a lot better than the trojans and Bo and company embarrassed them at home.  Hoping for 70+!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't decide which flag they should be waving, but maybe a few.

As the game begins they should probably be waving the green flag, the race has begun, and it will be a show.

For team meetings they may want to hold the yellow flag up because their offense, defense and special teams should keep caution in mind when entering the field.

They may want to bring the blue with the yellow stripe flag out on the field for our running plays so Bucky doesn't just run them over, move to the side, or get hurt. 

I have a feeling they will want to wave the red flag, STOP!, quite often, but I am afraid it won't have the intended effect with Stein and Tosh calling the plays.

Even the white flag, one lap to go, may not be accurate as the Ducks will be scoring often and sometimes quicker than the white flag will be showing hope that only one more lap is coming. 

I am also certain the checkered flag, finished, will come out a bit too early, as the spoiled children will be finished before the end of the game.

At the end of the game they will all want their own black flag, to 'leave the field' and feel emotionally safe.

auto-racing-flags-min.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Great post! 2
  • Applause 2
  • Like 2

On 11/10/2023 at 10:04 AM, Goutes18 said:

The Ducks are superior in ever facet of the game and I think the defense will frustrate Caleb early

Agreed.  We have not had a defense this good against both rushing and passing in 11 years, and we are one of the nations best.  Time to showcase it!

Brandon Dorlus Poster_Screenshot from Pac12 Network Video.jpg

Tonight at the OBD Get-Together...we are going to break down this guy's sackmaster moves...

• Thumbs Up 4

Mr. FishDuck

Nappy would disagree with battle results right up to Waterloo. But in WW2 all French tanks could only operate in one direction. Reverse!

SC comes in waving a Cardinal-colored flag surrounded by gold. Leave with the flag bleached white before Shout time, and the QB post-game crying into Momma's handkerchief. 

Sha-Na-Na and Odom will not fix the Troy D. Although I do understand why Riley and the 2 DC newbies do not want to watch a replay of The Mummy x 11. 

Odin visiting from Valhalla could not fix the Troy D which has a super-sized Achille's Heel. 

Go Ducks! Beat SC!

Edited by Jon Joseph

On 11/10/2023 at 10:05 AM, Haywarduck said:

Diver down works . . .

Image result for Dive Flag Clip Art

Red on red too (No one at the helm)

\Image result for Red-Flag Animated

Image result for Red-Flag Animated

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

On 11/10/2023 at 10:12 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Nappy would disagree with battle results right up to Waterloo. But in WW2 all French tanks could only operate in one direction. Reverse!

Napoleon was also Corcican which was just added to France before he was born. 

Also... Leipzig didn't go so well for him as it marked the beginning of the end for his French Empire. Waterloo was the nail in the coffin during his grand comeback tour. 

No idea where I was going with this... 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/10/2023 at 1:24 PM, David Marsh said:

Also... Leipzig didn't go so well for him as it marked the beginning of the end for his French Empire. Waterloo was the nail in the coffin during his grand comeback tour. 

Jeopardy?

OBD, you are on notice. My cardiologist is sending the bills to OBD.

LOL!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/10/2023 at 10:27 AM, Jon Joseph said:

OBD, you are on notice. My cardiologist is sending the bills to OBD.

LOL!

I'm feeling pretty relaxed about this game at the moment. This was not the case before Washington. 

I think this new confidence I'm feeling is that the gams prep by this team both from coaches and players has been so much better since that loss. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 11/10/2023 at 12:05 PM, Haywarduck said:

"Can't decide which flag they should be waving, but maybe a few. ... .

At the end of the game they will all want their own black flag, to 'leave the field' and feel emotionally safe."

Haywardduck, In battle, one displays the black battle flag when the order is given, "Take no prisoners." If no prisoners are taken, let's hope the Ducks are the ones giving that order. The black battle flag doesn't make anyone feel emotionally safe.

VR, KCDuck1

• Oh no! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/10/2023 at 10:18 AM, Charles Fischer said:

The last time the Trojans came to Autzen, the terror attacks in Nice France occurred, and as a show of support--they surprised the Oregon crowd with what they brought out during their entrance.

Rarely has carrying the French Flag_Gary Breedlove.jpg

While it was a nice gesture...rarely has carrying the French flag into battle worked out well.

"I never said I was noble."

(Photo from great FishDuck photographer Gary Breedlove)

Now that you mention it, USC is reminding me a bit of Napoleon and his winter retreat from Russia... marking the beginning of the end.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/10/2023 at 11:08 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Agreed.  We have not had a defense this good against both rushing and passing in 11 years, and we are one of the nations best.  Time to showcase it!

Brandon Dorlus Poster_Screenshot from Pac12 Network Video.jpg

Tonight at the OBD Get-Together...we are going to break down this guy's sackmaster moves...

So wish I could join you all. Have a great time. 

On 11/10/2023 at 11:02 AM, Desert Duck said:

Now that you mention it, USC is reminding me a bit of Napoleon and his winter retreat from Russia... marking the beginning of the end.

Except Napoleon understood the value of defense. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/10/2023 at 10:55 AM, KCDuck1 said:

Haywardduck, In battle, one displays the black battle flag when the order is given, "Take no prisoners." If no prisoners are taken, let's hope the Ducks are the ones giving that order. The black battle flag doesn't make anyone feel emotionally safe.

VR, KCDuck1

Fortunately for the spoiled children they haven't been in any game where there was even close to a take no prisoners order. They may feel like that is happening tomorrow.

They have been in some offensive races, but the sc children don't know how to do much other than take cover on defense, and a black flag will give them the save room they need.

If anything we will be seeing SOS, which means Save Our Ship and I have a feeling the captain won't be going down with the ship. That isn't a character trait seen at sc in some time, just punch the SOS button, and whine.

62765287-sos-button-3d-illustration-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

What is the crucial flag that USC players will need the most?

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/10/2023 at 10:24 AM, David Marsh said:

Interesting short tangent, did you know Napoleon really wasn't a tiny guy at 5'2"?

Per the History Channel:

In fact, he was probably of average height. According to pre–metric system French measures, he was a diminutive 5′2.” But the French inch (pouce) of the time was 2.7 cm, while the Imperial inch was shorter, at 2.54 cm. Three French sources—his valet Constant, General Gourgaud, and his personal physician Francesco Antommarchi—said that Napoleon's height was just over ‘5 pieds 2 pouces’ (5’2”). Applying the French measurements of the time, that equals around 1.67 meters, or just under 5’6”, which is a little above average for a French man in the early 1800s.

What's a guy say when football talk devolves into the height of dead Dictators?  lol  

Maybe we're all getting just a tad nervous ahead of this last Pac-12 matchup with USC?  

On 11/10/2023 at 1:07 PM, kirklandduck said:

Interesting short tangent, did you know Napoleon really wasn't a tiny guy at 5'2"?

The short narrative comes from British propaganda. If you look at the political cartoons of the era from Britain they depict Napoleon as short and with what is now referred to as a Napoleon complex. 

image.png.3fdb0eda09bb2c63687bda55a6acdebb.png

See look how tiny he is in this cartoon. It's. Mostly the British poking fun at the French and Napoleon because Napoleon can't touch them due to the British sinking all the majority of their Navy at Triffalger. 

I like to think the Ducks make political cartoons making USC look short and silly. Probably could make char GBT come up with something. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/10/2023 at 6:00 PM, David Marsh said:

The short narrative comes from British propaganda. If you look at the political cartoons of the era from Britain they depict Napoleon as short and with what is now referred to as a Napoleon complex. 

image.png.3fdb0eda09bb2c63687bda55a6acdebb.png

See look how tiny he is in this cartoon. It's. Mostly the British poking fun at the French and Napoleon because Napoleon can't touch them due to the British sinking all the majority of their Navy at Triffalger. 

I like to think the Ducks make political cartoons making USC look short and silly. Probably could make char GBT come up with something. 

On OBD, Traveler looks like a Shetland pony. Traveler complex?

"Do as you wish boys, but for gosh sakes, don't prepare for battle!"

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2023 at 10:05 AM, Haywarduck said:

As the game begins they should probably be waving the green flag, the race has begun, and it will be a show.

For team meetings they may want to hold the yellow flag up because their offense, defense and special teams should keep caution in mind when entering the field.

They may want to bring the blue with the yellow stripe flag out on the field for our running plays so Bucky doesn't just run them over, move to the side, or get hurt. 

I have a feeling they will want to wave the red flag, STOP!, quite often, but I am afraid it won't have the intended effect with Stein and Tosh calling the plays.

Even the white flag, one lap to go, may not be accurate as the Ducks will be scoring often and sometimes quicker than the white flag will be showing hope that only one more lap is coming. 

I am also certain the checkered flag, finished, will come out a bit too early, as the spoiled children will be finished before the end of the game.

At the end of the game they will all want their own black flag, to 'leave the field' and feel emotionally safe.

auto-racing-flags-min.jpg

Someone else is missing NASCAR already, I see 😉 Great post.

• Thumbs Up 1

A white flag of Surrender!

Very sorry to miss the OBD get together as I really wanted to be there. Ditto the game. I'm relying on Jerry and Jorgy for the call.

Ironically I am in Paris and today is Armistice Day, so I'll be around a lot of French flags. Not so great a battle standard at Agincourt, Waterloo or when the Nazis marched in along the Champs-Élysées, but Le République still stands. Vive la Résistance! 

Rome was great at one time but weakened by poor leadership (Emperor Lincoln "we don't review film"), internal division (Grinch out the door) and rot from within (sobbing QB), they fell to the invading hordes. 

Barbarians, thy names are: Dan, Will, Bo, Bucky, Troy, Tez, JPJ, Josh, Pancho, Ajani, TFerg, Dorlus, Rogers, Bassa, Jacobs, Burch, Evan, Kyree, Jalil, Steve lll and Tysheem.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1