DrJacksPlaidPants

Canes Duck Envy Continues

They don’t seem to be happy in their current coaching situation. That’s so weird.

WWW.CANESINSIGHT.COM

They are so happy Mario left. Watching their offense makes me sick. It’s the complete opposite of ours.

• Haha 3

Van Dyke joins the list of QBs buried by Mario.

Van Dyke's stat line vs FSU - 1 pass/ 1 interception.

Thank goodness people in Florida were not watching Left Coast football when Mario was mucking things up.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If Stony Brook calls for a rematch, Miami better not answer the phone.

• Haha 2
  • Great post! 1

Whew- those canes fans are one salty bunch. 

"Lanning is full of swag and confidence, whereas Mario always looks confused and scared. Oregon would beat us by 40."

You cannot imagine how happy this makes me.  You would not believe the emails I received from Miami fans who were so much smarter than Oregon fans...

giphy.gif

• Haha 3
  • Great post! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/12/2023 at 2:50 PM, Charles Fischer said:

You cannot imagine how happy this makes me.  You would not believe the emails I received from Miami fans who were so much smarter than Oregon fans...

CaptainCane where are you!

• Haha 1

On 11/12/2023 at 2:50 PM, Charles Fischer said:

"Lanning is full of swag and confidence, whereas Mario always looks confused and scared. Oregon would beat us by 40."

giphy.gif

I think most Duck fans are with you in wanting a chance to play Miami. 

But for that to happen it would sadly mean the Ducks are going to a crap bowl game. So I'm good with NOT playing them. 

But how about Mario loses to Cal and Stanford in the next few years? 

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Applause 1

My absolute favorite gripe from the Canes is about Trey Benson.

Mario could have got Trey Benson but he didn't.”

I was super disappointed when Trey left OBD but wished him well.

I didn’t think about him again, but now he’s crushing it for FSU.

As someone who has made a career out of knowing when to move on before the lay-offs, I admire Trey for getting a new gig before Mari-no-O imploded.

And Trey getting to beat his forme captor must feel good.

• Like 1

In all fairness to Miami, they did give FSU at least as tough a battle as USC gave Oregon last night.  Mario might just be a good O.C. away from a legitimate playoff team.  He does recruit well.  He just has to learn to hire the right O.C. and then LEAVE HIM ALONE to call the plays.

I'm not sure that's in Mario's DNA to be able to do that.  Btw, USC did hold Oregon down in scoring from their average but had Camden managed to kick the FG 39 points isn't that far off their average.  O also held USC way below their's.  

Some of those posters are hilarious.  They think that if they had gotten Bo somehow all their losing ways would've been solved.  🤦‍♂️

On 11/12/2023 at 4:00 PM, Mic said:

He just has to learn to hire the right O.C. and then LEAVE HIM ALONE to call the plays.

There-in lies the rub.  Mario just can't help himself and has to step all over his OCs.  He hasn't learned this over the years and I doubt he'll learn it now.

Cristobaland... The place where great QBs go to die. 

Dude practically tried his best to ruin Herbert. 

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/12/2023 at 4:00 PM, kirklandduck said:

Some of those posters are hilarious.  They think that if they had gotten Bo somehow all their losing ways would've been solved.  🤦‍♂️

Not if Mario insists on calling all the shots, offensive and defensive.  Nor could I imagine Bo willing to play for someone like that.  

We all remember what Stein said about the willingness of he and the staff to give Bo his head at the line of scrimmage.  That is not something MC has ever shown the willingness to do.  (IMO).

On 11/12/2023 at 4:07 PM, Mic said:

Not if Mario insists on calling all the shots, offensive and defensive.  Nor could I imagine Bo willing to play for someone like that.  

We all remember what Stein said about the willingness of he and the staff to give Bo his head at the line of scrimmage.  That is not something MC has ever shown the willingness to do.  (IMO).

Yup that was my point.  These Miami fans still can't see the forest through the trees.

On 11/12/2023 at 4:05 PM, Desert Duck said:

Cristobaland... The place where great QBs go to die. 

Dude practically tried his best to ruin Herbert. 

I get sad when I think back to Herbert's run under Cristobal.  Jeez what a waste.  He would've been a shoo-in for the Heisman under a competent coach.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 4:08 PM, kirklandduck said:

These Miami fans still can't see the forest through the trees.

They may be starting to.

On 11/12/2023 at 4:10 PM, kirklandduck said:

I get sad when I think back to Herbert's run under Cristobal.  Jeez what a waste.  He would've been a shoo-in for the Heisman under a competent coach.

Maybe not a shoo-in but certainly more than just a mention.  It's a whole team effort and a whole lot of politics to boot.

• Applause 1

On 11/12/2023 at 7:00 PM, Mic said:

In all fairness to Miami, they did give FSU at least as tough a battle as USC gave Oregon last night.  Mario might just be a good O.C. away from a legitimate playoff team.  He does recruit well.  He just has to learn to hire the right O.C. and then LEAVE HIM ALONE to call the plays.

I'm not sure that's in Mario's DNA to be able to do that.  Btw, USC did hold Oregon down in scoring from their average but had Camden managed to kick the FG 39 points isn't that far off their average.  O also held USC way below their's.  

A new OC would be his 3rd OC in 3 seasons.

As the old Italian saying goes: A fish stinks from the head.

His OC who went to UNLV has been fired as HC. The current UNLV HC has the Runnin' Rebels tied for 1st place in the MW. And Boise fired Andy Avalos today.

Mario's coaching tree has undergone a lot of pruning. 

• Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1

On 11/12/2023 at 4:07 PM, Mic said:

Only reason we got Bo was because of Dillingham and their relationship. 

I don't think we would have gotten a shot at Nix otherwise.

Stein was all about keeping the offense and molding it around Nix which is why Nix stayed... Along with a shot at bigger and better things. He's here and wanted to stay another year and is probably getting paid well for it as well. 

On 11/12/2023 at 4:26 PM, Jon Joseph said:

And Boise fired Andy Avalos today.

Ouch... But Avalos was a Petersen Boise guy. He went to BSU during the Petersen years so he was a legacy in that regard. 

He never strucj me as someone who was hired because of his MC connection. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/12/2023 at 4:00 PM, kirklandduck said:

What's even funnier is that some of them believe that if Oregon and Miami switched QBs that they would be us!  

You can give Miami Patrick Mahomes and I'd still like Lanning's shot at beating a Mario Cristobal team.  He'd probably just have Mahomes hand the ball off to the RB for runs up the middle all game.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"We're paying the dude $8 million/year and got curb stomped by MTSU, Duke, FSU and Pitt last year, then we literally gave the game to GT this year...sport

Lanning won 10 games last year and will win at least 10-11 games this year...Wario is 11-11 in nearly 2 full years"

• Oh no! 1
  • Cool 1

You gotta admit the 'Wario' moniker is epic though

Am I the only one asking myself the question?

"Now that ATM has made the move and fired their coach while agreeing to pay his full 70+ million dollar buyout. I wonder if some of the cane faithful are asking themselves the same hard questions?" 

"Can we buy his walking papers regardless of cost just to get him gone?"  After all, Jimbo Fisher is getting about $100,000,000 to just go away if you count the FSU  buyout along with the ATM costs.

Just a thought.   

Go Ducks!

Edited by Joe F

Jimbo to Miami? He could afford the Pay Cut and Low Expectations.