Santa Rosa Duck

The Beavers Control our Destiny

This is probably obvious to most here but it only struck me this morning. If the Beavs beat the Dawgs today, this hurts our our playoff chances. Then next Friday, the Beavs are not coming to Autzen to just roll over. They steamrolled us last year. Just the normal worries of a FANatic. GO DUCKS!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

I wonder how much the beavis will have left in their tank after playing UW tonight. Such an emotional game for them. I'm not sold on if the Ducks win out they get to the CFP. Lots of football left at the top of the rankings. 

I almost wish the beavis would beat the fuskies just to knock them out of the CFP cause if we don't make it, I sure as heck don't want UW to make it.

Worse yet, the beavis win the P12 conference game. Geesh what a way to end the P12 Conference.

Ducks need Tenn to beat UGA today. That should guarantee a 1 SEC playoff. Ducks need to win. Beavs beating Fusky is inconsequential in my opinion.

Need Texas to beat Iowa State and keep Bama behind them. 

On 11/18/2023 at 7:57 AM, Santa Rosa Duck said:

If the Beavs beat the Dawgs today, this hurts our our playoff chances.

Does it though?

If the Beavers win, then Oregon could end the regular season with wins against two top 10 teams.

Does the college football playoff committee value 2 wins against top 10 teams or 1 win against a top 5 team more?

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/18/2023 at 8:38 AM, Log Haulin said:

Ducks need Tenn to beat UGA today. That should guarantee a 1 SEC playoff.

Or Georgia to win out, which would knock Alabama out of it. 

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/18/2023 at 8:59 AM, OregonDucks said:

True, but if they can get it out of the way today, that would be preferred. 

What would be great is if T beat the Dawgs and AU beat Bama at Auburn. Then Bama beats UGA in conf game. 

Knock the SEC out completely. SEC is so weak the Conf title participants have already been decided with 2 games left on the schedule.

I don’t know if the committee is too keen on putting two SEC teams in the playoff. A one-loss UGA teams wouldn’t have a very strong strength of schedule. Their only wins against ranked teams would be Mizzou and Ole Miss. Tennessee will drop out of the top 25 after tonight. I’m still pulling for the Dawgs, though. If they beat Bama that diminishes Texas’ only good win.

Of course, this is all for naught if the Ducks don’t win out.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/18/2023 at 11:59 AM, OregonDucks said:

I vote for this option! 🤣😂🤣

Edited by SoGaDawg
  • Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 2

On 11/18/2023 at 9:57 AM, SoGaDawg said:

I vote for this option! 🤣😂🤣

Just do it!

• Thumbs Up 1

This is Washington’s last challenge before next week’s scrimmage vs. Wazzu. They’re going to sell out tonight because they know they’re officially eliminated from the playoff with a loss. I think they win by a TD.

• Thumbs Up 1

UO wins the next three games and they are in the playoffs period. The leading Heisman contender won't be elbowed aside by anybody.If the fuskies blow it against the #12 beavs, they wouldn't drop enough to matter and the Pac would have three top 10 ish teams before the conference championship. Any one loss Pac team is in this year. And this year, it will be the Ducks.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

It is honorable to cheer for the Huskies if it helps Our Beloved Ducks.

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

If the beavers beat the Huskies then both will probably be top 10 teams. Oregon scored two wins against top 10 teams in two weeks that's just fine. 

Especially if the Ducks can look dominant in the process. 

Depth is being tested down the stretch... The Ducks have it where most teams don't. Oregon went three deep last week at corner against USC. Most teams that would have to do that would have given up their entire back end of the defense.

Ducks got burned but not bad enough. 

Beat ASU, beat the Beavers, win the Pac-12 championship and they're in the playoff. 

The formula hasn't changed.... Just WIN! 

• Thumbs Up 1

HOGWASH!

The Ducks control their own destiny. Win out and thru the playoffs to become national champions.

That’s it. 

Anything less is great season, but short of the target. The Ducks continue to improve.

• Thumbs Up 2

No, just win out and we're a 12-1 P5 conference champ.  We don't want GA to lose, and they win big.  We need them to beat Bama in the SEC CG.  The B1G will be either tOSU or Mich.  OK beating Texas in the B12 CG will help.  FSU/Louisville, will be the other team in.

Hate to root for mutts but won't hurt if we blow out a 12-0 team in Vegas, but I don't know that it matters in Cowvallis all that much today

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 10:19 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

UO wins the next three games and they are in the playoffs period. The leading Heisman contender won't be elbowed aside by anybody.If the fuskies blow it against the #12 beavs, they wouldn't drop enough to matter and the Pac would have three top 10 ish teams before the conference championship. Any one loss Pac team is in this year. And this year, it will be the Ducks.

Arizona needs to step into the top ten.  They hurt the conference by taking out Oregon State.  Unless of course their rout today is a huge marker in the CFP Committee's eyes.

Are Arizona and Oregon State considered the Penn State, LSU, Missouri types this year?  Or does the committee look at the PAC12 like the media is starting to feel?

Oregon State has to win looking like Ohio State v Michigan next week tonight in order to make OBD look playoff worthy.  Even then, we need a 49-13 performance three weeks in a row to quell the narrative the PAC12 Champ is mediocre.

I expect a battle in Seattle type game in Ann Arbor next week.  That is going to hurt OBD, because a similar battle in Atlanta resulting  in a Bama win makes those four look better than us.  

Titles go out the window unless we just obliterate the Beavers and the Fuskies.  Style points are definitely going to matter.  

As I speak, the Beaver-Fusky game is passing the eye test.  They are pounding each other physically.  That helps.  Points will also if the Beavers win.  

Then we need to just gut those damn builders.  And the Fuskies.  

That is the only way I see a playoff lock: gut the Beavers so convincingly it looks like nuclear war dropped, and singe Washington so convincingly, the Beaver victory (theirs and ours against them) look ordinary AND put a wet blanket on eye candy Blue Blood wonderkind matchups.

Sorry guys, I don't trust the committee.

By the way, OBD are an early 11 1/2 favorite next week.  Not a good opinion of a "top ten" Oregon State, of the conference's reputation (though we are definitely that much better than fhem)

Either the Fuskies dominate tonight, of this game starts to look more like the battle in Seattle in my eyes.  Otherwise, Four Best is going to haunt me.

Fuskies will win this game and The Ducks will take care of business this Friday, setting up a Ducks vs Fusky CCG

Edited by 1Ducker1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Watching this game against U-DUH, the Beavis appear in control of nothing.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/18/2023 at 6:35 PM, woundedknees said:

Watching this game against U-DUH, the Beavis appear in control of nothing.

Yep. I like our chances in the next two games!

JBE.  Just Bludgeon Everyone!!!   Just beat the crap out of Beavis, vanquish them to the island of forgotten toys. That's what they'll be after this year.  I'm sick of hearing about them whining and complaining. It's Winning Time Boys!!! 

Thank goodness UW held on! And should at least move up to #4 in the CT rankings.

Now, with the UW win,  Oregon has a better shot of holding its destiny. At least in the Pac-12.

With Utah getting destroyed at AZ, there goes Oregon's 1 top-26 win, UCLA beating down the Trojans, once-ranked CU losing badly at WSU, and FSU, with its QB down and Texas winning, Oregon needed an eyeball test win.

And hats off to Texas Tech for coming back against and defeating UCF and now being bowl-eligible.

It also helped Oregon for OK St to get the win on the road at Houston and to have the B12 playoff advantage over an Oklahoma team that won in Logan over BYU with its starting QB on the bench in the 2nd half. TX vs. OK St will be far better than a rematch of TX vs. Oklahoma.

FSU? It stinks that starting QB Travis went down and is out for the season but a 12-1 Louisville with the loss at Pitt will not jump Oregon even if it wins the ACC champ game.

Iowa struggled for a win over Illinois and is now cannon fodder for the winner of Ohio State at Michigan. 

But Texas won a tough game on the road. And should Bama defeat UGA in the SEC champ game Texas will have the best loss.

Go Ducks! Dam the Beavers! But it's coming down to the wire as of now, even if the Ducks win the next 2 games.

Bodacious should stay at the head of the Heisman Trophy class. Penix made great plays tonight with his legs willing UW to victory but his stats were not all that and LSU and Daniels swallowed a cupcake.