cartm25

BREAKING: 4-Star WR Jordan Anderson Decommits from Oregon

• Oh no! 1
  • Yikes! 1

I wonder how often kids keep their commitment when they commit so early in the process.  Seems like they frequently decommit.  I understand that they can change their mind, that's fine. Just seems strange to commit so early. Maybe they get caught up in the excitement of a visit 

Probably realizes that he doesn't automatically get the starter role.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Assuming Troy declares for the draft, Oregon still has a very deep WR room. This may mean there will be a very good portal addition coming in. 

• Let’s hope! 1

Probably 2 years before seeing any playing time. Lot of studs in that room.

• Applause 1

More scholarships for positions of greater need. 

No, Oregon is after some HUGE WR portal transfers.  If Dillon Gabriel comes here...who wouldn't want to come to Oregon and catch his passes?

We will take fewer transfers this year, but they will be of high-quality, proven, and in spots of need.   We need a proven speed-receiver...

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

If I recall rightly, he is about Hutson or Tez size.  With Tez presumably coming back, this makes sense.  As I said on another platform, This time of the year, the coaches know what their team needs are.  Pretty much know who is coming via TP as well.  So pay attention to which recruits got visits this week, as well as who didn't.

• Thumbs Up 2

That receiver room is so loaded, plus with likely incoming portal dudes, it's possible that Anderson was 'invited' to decommit.

• Thumbs Up 1

THIS is why I don't get overly excited when a recruit "commits".  Things are so fluid nowadays in the CFB....

On 12/9/2023 at 10:34 AM, Mic said:

THIS is why I don't get overly excited when a recruit "commits".  Things are so fluid nowadays in the CFB....

If you did--your fault.  I've told you umpteen times, that 90-95% of the verbals stick, but we lose some, and we end up flipping someone else's.  No surprise as it happens every year.

But this is different, as we have lost two verbals recently because better options materialized, and our coaches stopped recruiting the players.  The recruits figured it out, got to save-face by de-committing, and now we have the scholarship openings.

Oregon will be fine with recruiting...

giphy.gif

• Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Where Oregon's decommits in the 2024 class signed on early NSD

A day after early national signing day, we take a look at where the four Oregon decommitments signed on early National Signing Day...

247SPORTS.COM

A day after early national signing day, we take a look at where the four Oregon decommitments signed on early National Signing Day.

On 12/22/2023 at 11:28 AM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

A day after early national signing day, we take a look at where the four Oregon decommitments signed on early National Signing Day...

247SPORTS.COM

A day after early national signing day, we take a look at where the four Oregon decommitments signed on early National Signing Day.

Sounds like all of Oregon’s decommits fell in the recruiting rankings, some significantly. Perhaps they did not have the senior year production or continued to develop, as expected. 

I wish them luck (except when they play us) and am extremely happy with the players who chose to sign with Oregon. 

• Applause 1

On 12/22/2023 at 2:28 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

247SPORTS.COM

This article tells me a lot of things I didn’t know about the recruiting process. We always hear about the guy who “de-committed” or “flipped” from one program to the next. What I gather from this article is that there are programs that “de-offer” and flip to a better recruit. 

This isn’t something we hear about, but likely happens. This is the kind of thing we’re not used to in Eugene, but I’m sure the “de-offer” manifests itself in the form of an unattractive alternative such as a gray-shirt or an incentive based NIL deal that is unreachable.

With the transfer rules we have these days it looks like an early offer means about as much as an early commitment. And that’s OK. Except, you don’t want the reputation as a programs that pulls scholarship offers at the last minute.

It’s so odd to me that the Ducks wide receiver room is no longer a worry of mine. It’s deeper than it ever has been and is about to get deeper. The thought of a 4 star jumping ship 4 years ago would have been devastating.

The D line however is still a question mark. Got a lot of good players but do we have that stud that will change the game on any snap? If we do what’s his name? 

We need a guy on both sides of the d line that can set the edges and consistently make plays. Dorlous was supposed to be that guy and had 0 tackles in our last game against the huskies. 

Until we find those 2 edge guys we will struggle and looking at this roster I don’t see a guy like Tibs anywhere.

Funny how it all worked out.  See my post from December 9th, (Post No. 11) and how I believed we were making room for better options, and that is precisely what happened.  Pellum and McClelland were flipped from USC and Ohio State, and these are huge WR additions for Oregon.

I admit that I too, can get twisted up from the changes in recruiting, but I need to trust DANO to get it done.  I waited all year to see--and he got it done on signing day.  Whew!

Dan Lanning_Screenshot from Fox Sports Video.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Isn't that sweet?  We can share our Sloppy-Seconds with little brother...  

I hear he is available too?

Oregon Transfer QB Ty Thompson is Taking an Official Visit to NC State this  Week - Pack Insider

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I hope the young enoys the MW and playing games on The Where Can I Find It Channel. And a huge NIL deal from The Peacock Bar and Grill will be nice. I want no player who wants to compete at this level and is afraid to challenge himself in the Power 4. 

Perhaps in a few years, OSU can play WSU 12x a season, call it the Same Old Stuff Pac-12 with a conference champ game in Jackpot, Nevada? Then sue the rest of CFB when the Committee doesn't respond to the SOS and does not come with a PO spot for the SOS. John Canzano for Commissioner assited by the Chief Justice of the Washington Supreme Court. 

After they blow through the money they stole, what's the game plan? 

"Boys, go downstairs and tidy up the basement."

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The 'word' here is that there was a mutual agreement reached by both parties to go their separate ways.   

Interpret as you so desire.

Edited by Augduck
Typo

no need to bash the kid..  end of the day, he is blessed to have a scholarship and playing football.  

We cant be THAT fan towards individuals

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 2