Charles Fischer

What If...the Huskies Make Oregon Look GOOD?

I know.  Just the thought of it makes me turn and spit.  But what if....Washington wins both their games by more than three points each?  Suddenly the two three point losses by Oregon look much more respectable, that maybe hints that we would have beaten some of the top-five teams?

Oregon Poster.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

...but would it be worth a lifetime of hearing about it?

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Nope, that’d be a glass-half full scenario if it happened. I want them to lose a heartbreaker to Texas on a controversial replay call.

• Haha 1

On 12/26/2023 at 2:29 PM, bbmichaels said:

...but would it be worth a lifetime of hearing about it?

Allow me to sum up: Hell No!

I'm pulling for Michigan to win by 1, scoring the go-ahead points as time runs out, and thereby ripping out their vile, purple, hearts. 

So, other than that, Merry Christmas, peace on earth, goodwill to men... except the Huskies. Amen.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nope... Hoping for Texas to run them off the field. 

I would love for Oregon to still have more playoff wins than the Huskies. 

This might be the high point for Husky football for some time. The transfer portal is good but not good enough to make up for their awful prep recruiting. 

I don't like Texas all that much but a whole lot more than Washington. 

• Oh no! 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Keep in mind my Duck-Buddies....that I am already working on my mental spin.  What if Washington should win? 

How can I spin good out of it?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

I do not think it will happen but I am hoping for an all B1G title game and a B1G win over the SEC and ESPN.

A UW title would prop up Oregon and be great for the 'new' B1G. And be a great step toward an even B1gger TV deal in a few years. 

I do not see Harbaugh beating Saint Nick with a tradtional style O. I see Bama's QB, Milroe, as the kind of QB who could confound Michigan and I do not see the same out of McCarthy. My hope for Michigan was seeing all the rush yards that Auburn, a team with a lower level QB, put up in the Iron Bowl. 

I do see UW and DeBoer taking down Texas in a combative game. I think the UW OL will hold up against the pass rush and UW will exploit UT's good not great DBs. Having a healthy J. McMillian back with Penix throwing the ball gives UW the best passing attack in CFB. 

In early odds, Bama would open at -2.5 to -4 vs UW.

I see Saint Nick bringing home another trophy.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

I see Joel Klatt declaring that Washington is not a good matchup for Texas, because the Longhorns have the No. 96th ranked pass defense.  Hmmmm.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Go 'horns

I don't want any glory going towards WA. Winning the P12 Champ game was enough.

Texas squeaks by UW, Alabama dominates twice, unfortunately.

On 12/26/2023 at 2:37 PM, Desert Duck said:

Allow me to sum up: Hell No!

I'm pulling for Michigan to win by 1, scoring the go-ahead points as time runs out, and thereby ripping out their vile, purple, hearts. 

So, other than that, Merry Christmas, peace on earth, goodwill to men... except the Huskies. Amen.

Sorry... meant to say Texas. 

My rooting hierarchy:

Huskies 75

Michigan 20

Texas 5

Alabama 0

Under no circumstances will I be rooting for an SEC team unless OBD played them previously. I'm hoping for an all B1G final and I'll be rooting for the Huskies. But worse case scenario, Texas v. Alabama, I'm 100% rooting for Texas. But I probably won't be watching the game.... 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The only what ifs we should worry about are about the Fiesta Bowl. What the leg lifters do won't matter unless we dominate Liberty.

What is Liberty, actually where I went to grade school, but never thought of going to college there, thankfully!

Let's just make sure our landing is graceful, before we worry about what the dawg-doo does! I personally would love to see the dawgs-doo this.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

My long time MO is to root for the team who beats my team to win the championship. Then, who's to say my team isn't the second best team in the country?

However, this is different.

I am offering myself a compromise solution to the problem.

I will root for them to win the first game, but not the championship. If UW wins the National Championship, they will be insufferable. 

I would like them to lose by a point or so because of a controversial call. Then they will be insufferable, but in a whiney sort of way.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Charles, as I recall you were somewhat ok with ewe dub beating Texas for the "sake of the Pac" in a previous post.

Well, HELL NO.

The Pac is dead.

A 15 - 0 ewe dub (cuz I can't put the other two words in the same sentence as them) would be the worst outcome since the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

So, I will not even think of it and will disappear into my folks 1962 bomb shelter and leave the world during the Natty should they get that far.  Because the fallout from up north would be worse than a nuclear winter.

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

On 12/26/2023 at 4:03 PM, Steven A said:

Charles, as I recall you were somewhat ok with ewe dub beating Texas for the "sake of the Pac" in a previous post.

Good for the past Pac, but even more so for the B1G.  With Washington...it is always "good-or-good."  Good for past and future conferences if they win, and if they lose?

giphy.gif

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Let's see if I can make my feelings clear. fricken... the Huskies! 

I want a one win champion!

On 12/26/2023 at 4:26 PM, Lono said:

Let's see if I can make my feelings clear. fricken... the Huskies! 

I sure am glad the bad-word software does the replacement job so well.

Mr. FishDuck

Seems like we are looking at a worst case scenario, every time the dawgs win is a worst case scenario, by the way. The best case scenario is the dawgs get drilled and the pundits start talking about how much better it would have been if the Ducks had played. 

This, of course would happen because the Ducks also drill the Liberty, Bells?, I don't know what they are called and don't care, and the conversation again is about how good Oregon is.

The problem is we don't have the faith we had before we lost the first quarter again, and the game against the dawgs. Let's all regain that self worth and confidence we had before we lost in Vegas. 

I say that because we had better get it back soon because we aren't staying in this position. The dawgs are going right back to where they were before this season, a pathetic preseason favorite who almost always underperforms! Go lay down dawgs!

On 12/26/2023 at 2:26 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I see Joel Klatt declaring that Washington is not a good matchup for Texas, because the Longhorns have the No. 96th ranked pass defense.  Hmmmm.

This could be the downfall for Texas. They have a great defense against the run but UW does not run all that much. I think the purple wins this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/26/2023 at 8:22 PM, Haywarduck said:

Seems like we are looking at a worst case scenario, every time the dawgs win is a worst case scenario, by the way. The best case scenario is the dawgs get drilled and the pundits start talking about how much better it would have been if the Ducks had played. 

This, of course would happen because the Ducks also drill the Liberty, Bells?, I don't know what they are called and don't care, and the conversation again is about how good Oregon is.

The problem is we don't have the faith we had before we lost the first quarter again, and the game against the dawgs. Let's all regain that self worth and confidence we had before we lost in Vegas. 

I say that because we had better get it back soon because we aren't staying in this position. The dawgs are going right back to where they were before this season, a pathetic preseason favorite who almost always underperforms! Go lay down dawgs!

I definitely share in the sentiment. But in this day and age of CFB I am forced to sdmit that First I Look At The Purse. I want the ESecPN CFB hegemony brought to a halt and only 1 conference has a shot of doing this and it's not the ACC, B12, and the Pac-2. Ah-Choo!

On 1/2/24, I want to see Paul crying in his grits.

• Applause 1

So darn difficult wishing anything good on the husky program.

First those #$@/%>##☆●■ huskies build a 3 game win streak by 9 #$@/%>##☆●■ points.

Earn a CFP invite like Cindyrelli to the Ball.

Then punk my hometown Zags.....

Goodness sakes it must be in the endtimes......

And now I have to contemplate these ....... potentially picking up a CFP victory or a Natty.

My thoughts on this will keep me from my Nirvana.

Making matters worse i previously posted that the winner of the PAC Title game could win the Natty......

Never thinking they could beat us three times in a row....Wth!

I am simply beside myself over what has happened or could happen with those putrid dogs..

• Thumbs Up 1

Oregon can look good by beating Liberty. I never want to ride the coat tails of the Washington Huskies. If Oregon needs to rely on the Huskies winning a game to make OBD look better then that is just pitiful.

The thought of the Huskies winning any game is a disgusting idea to me. I did not want to see an undefeated Husky team in the PAC12 Championship game because I did not want the Huskies in the playoffs. I absolutely do not want the Huskies to win a national championship. Do you really think that the Huskies want Oregon to have any success?  I hope Texas destroys them.

In the early 90's my friends and I had sweatshirts made that said 'My two favorite teams are Oregon and whoever is playing Washington" We wore the sweatshirts to the Oregon game at Husky Stadium. Thirty plus years later and I still feel the same way.

• Mic drop 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

I live in SEC country, and I am weary of hearing how wonderful their league is. The rematch between Alabama and LSU still annoys me. 

(This does not applly to the UGA fans who contribute here. They are a class act.)

Given that this is the PAC-12's last year, I would like to see Washington defeat Texas. 

If UW wins that game and meets Alabama, I hope they win. Saban has enough trophies. 

If UW meets Michigan, I may be neutral. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/26/2023 at 4:03 PM, Jon Sousa said:

My long time MO is to root for the team who beats my team to win the championship. Then, who's to say my team isn't the second best team in the country?

However, this is different.

I am offering myself a compromise solution to the problem.

I will root for them to win the first game, but not the championship. If UW wins the National Championship, they will be insufferable. 

I would like them to lose by a point or so because of a controversial call. Then they will be insufferable, but in a whiney sort of way.

I would put a slight clarification on the ending: "Milroe was down!"

Living as I now do in cur country,  just the thought of the whelps going 15-0  .  .  .  no, just can’t go there. Since a Husky will eat anything put in front of him, may have to hire someone in nahluns to supplement their training table with intestinal parasite-laced deer poop. These are desperate times.

• Haha 2

I continue to think the Ducks are and were a better team than the Dawgs. We blew game one due to some questionable offensive calls and came out flat, very flat, in game 2. Losing to them sucks. But thinking their possible success will make me feel better about OBD is nuts. I'm thinking a rematch between Texas and Alabama in the final, with 'Bama the winner. 

• Yikes! 1

Come On UW and Michigan. A daily New Year's Day double will help the SEC/ESPN love fest see chinks in the armor.

Oregon is blessed heading into the Power 2 but will be more blest if Puddles flies into a national chamo conference.

• Thanks 1

I am totally for the Fuskies winning it all.  Partly because in my mind it does shed light on OBD.

In that aspect, it boils down to a few different calls, better adjustments on defense, and better execution on offense in critical situations.  

I like Washington's situation.  They are the most suited team to take down all three CFP contenders.  They are underrated ( something we learned the hard way), and they have the most clutch QB of the bunch. 

We hate those facts because it's the Fuskies.  Well I can't stand the SEC living off their reputation, and the BiG is finally going to respect the PAC12(because three of those teams have offenses that are going to change the dynamic of that conference).

I hate the oversold blue blood conferences waaaay more than I hate the Fuskies.  Always have, always will.  

More important, there is a taste in our mouths that is so bad, the motivation to shut down Fuskyville will last forever.  I hope UW is always as good as they are now( and USC as good as the Pete Carroll years).  

OBD will rise much further if those two programs stay top ten material.  I have thought this way since we nearly earned a Natty in 2007.  We rose to lofty heights because we had to beat elite teams in our conference.  

And guess what, we got even closer when OBD best an elite Fusky team, and sealed Kevon Thibodeaux's commitment.  That elevated our national recruiting presence, and we haven't looked back.  

OBD have been grown the most when USC and Washington were elite.  Nothing would burn deeper than the Fuskies winning the Natty.  Trust me on that.  OBD will grow leaps and bounds if Washington wins the title. 

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/27/2023 at 4:09 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Come On UW and Michigan. A daily New Year's Day double will help the SEC/ESPN love fest see chinks in the armor.

An all 2024 B1G Final? For ESPN--that would hurt.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Mike West. Exactly! Thanks because these are my sentiments. I've tried putting it in words that weren't pitiful. There it is....

I want to add, I live in Husky-land just outside Seattle. Of course there are some obnoxious fans, especially those commenting on various sport site comment sections (I've seen some pretty obnoxious Duck/Texas/FSU/♾️... fans also), but for the most part I've run into many more that aren't.

I'm no Husky apologist but at this time I'm (kind of) more "done with" whiny Bucktooth rodent fans.

Screw them and their righteous one-sided victimhood. Their problem was years in the making and NOW they whine beaver-tears about being left behind?

But more importantly, the Husky's Duck comeuppance is coming.... It's going to be harsh!

To the patient, revenge, sweet revenge, is all the sweeter. 

• Thumbs Up 3

1/1/24 - I'm cheering on a B1G Daily Double.

Not sorry for this B1G post regurgiration.

The whole CFB World will be watching. 

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 1

WWW.YARDBARKER.COM

For a second straight season, Washington and Texas will meet in a bowl game. Only this time, a trip to the national championship is at stake.