HDuck

Lanning Video This Morning: He is STAYING!

• Salute 1
  • Whew! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 3
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 2

Beat me to it... Strong signal from the coach.  "If you're scared your coach is leaving... Then come play for us." Turning this into a recruiting opportunity. 

Edited by Dav3d
  • Thumbs Up 7

It's over for now. 

We all HATE that our coach is constantly being looked at for "better" jobs but at the same time we need to be honored that we have a coach that is THAT good. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

What an excellent way to announce.

At the end it would have been great if he was at a table with 2 hats in front of him and tossed the A into the trash.

• Haha 4
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 1/11/2024 at 9:20 AM, David Marsh said:

It's over for now. 

We all HATE that our coach is constantly being looked at for "better" jobs but at the same time we need to be honored that we have a coach that is THAT good. 

I’d say it’s over for good unless he goes to the NFL one day. Dude just did what would have been unthinkable just 2-3 years ago.

• Thumbs Up 5

So sounds like Lanning wants to stay at least until he brings a Natty home to Eugene. Now, let's hope he wants to stay and bring home 6 like Saban did at Bama. 

... Or more? (I can dream)

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

"Don't follow the Legend, Be the Legend"

• Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

Legendary video. Who wouldn't want to move to Eugene and play for this guy? 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 1/11/2024 at 9:32 AM, JabbaNoBargain said:

I’d say it’s over for good unless he goes to the NFL one day. Dude just did what would have been unthinkable just 2-3 years ago.

He won't consider the NFL until he gets a National Championship for the Ducks... and even then he is too good at recruiting and could build something truly special. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/11/2024 at 9:38 AM, 1Funduck said:

"Don't follow the Legend, Be the Legend"

^  ^  ^  THIS  ^  ^  ^

I’d like to thank Alabama for raising Dan Lanning’s (and UO football’s) stock higher than it already is.  Great day to be a Duck!

• Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Like 1

Greg Byrne still has a soft spot for Oregon, TY Greg for elevating us lol

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

I slept less than 3 hrs last night. This is great news!!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/11/2024 at 10:11 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

I slept less than 3 hrs last night. This is great news!!

That would have been me but I had parent-teacher conference last night (and night ugghh) and those just wiped me out... but I didn't sleep well lastnight that's for sure. 

But now it is far more fun watching the Bama drama knowing that we don't suffer because of it. 

Dudes, and Ladies, we have gone from the hunted to the hunters!

“Be the Legend”!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/11/2024 at 1:13 PM, David Marsh said:

That would have been me but I had parent-teacher conference last night (and night ugghh) and those just wiped me out... but I didn't sleep well lastnight that's for sure. 

But now it is far more fun watching the Bama drama knowing that we don't suffer because of it. 

This is excellent news. Whew! I did sleep OK last night: I often slept through parent-teacher conferences. 😁

• Haha 3

Dan Lanning in video confirming commitment to Oregon: 'You be the best where you're at'

On Thursday morning, Oregon head coach Dan Lanning released a video reaffirming his commitment to Oregon.

"Who has goals and aspirations, raise your hand up," said Lanning in the video posted on X (formerly Twitter). "Everybody's got goals and aspirations, you want to know how you get those?

You be the best where you're at. That's how you reach goals and aspirations. That's how great things happen. It's not about worrying about the next thing it's about worrying what's right in front of you; six inches in front of your face.

want to remind you guys what that means. You guys that just got here, you don't know but that's what it means to be an Oregon Duck.

Everybody makes commitments on the things they're going to do. A lot of starters, the world doesn't have a lot of what? Finishers. We're finishers."

247SPORTS.COM

On Thursday morning, Oregon head coach Dan Lanning released a video reaffirming his commitment to Oregon

• Wow 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Phil Knight seen last night after a call from Byrne.  “I told ‘im we already have one…” 😂 

2938504D-3349-40F4-B055-E6DBD75E8269.jpeg

• Haha 2

I am loving the panic from UW...

image.thumb.png.58960413e3c7f86a94e2a410132d3549.png

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Duck fans celebrate after Dan Lanning emphatically turns down Alabama job

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon Duck fans celebrated on social media at the news that head coach Dan Lanning would not be leaving to go to Alabama.

7 reasons it made sense for Dan Lanning to stay at Oregon and pass on Alabama

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

7 reasons it made sense Dan Lanning stayed at Oregon instead of going to Alabama.

Oregon coach Dan Lanning announces he's staying despite Alabama speculation

WWW.FOXSPORTS.COM

Oregon head coach Dan Lanning announced Thursday he is staying put amid widespread speculation he would be a top candidate to succeed Nick Saban at Alabama.

• Thumbs Up 1

"...you guys that just got here don't know what it means, but it means something to be an Oregon Duck!"

Imagine this statement being one of the first statements you hear if you are new and sitting in on one of his first team meetings.  I gotta think they are sitting there thinking...I'm going to be well taken care of for the next 3+ years!

Guessing this is also why so few have left via the transfer portal.

• Thumbs Up 2

Like I said last night in the other now locked thread, the whole rumor/sources felt like a smokescreen.  Bama would not be that sloppy.  Byrne is pure stealth.   Also, makes sense for Dan to stay.

As i said last night, this reputed move to Tuscaloosa made no sense to me for several reasoons. Later, I lesrned of 20 million reasons to add to my meager list---the buyout.

Lanning's story about staying in Eugene was the lead story on the Dawgnation daily platform this morning. Dawg fans generally admire the man and follow his career closely. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Edited by Dav3d
  • Applause 1

No equivocation at all in that video, short and direct. Lanning just raised the OBD brand a level or two by staying put. Eugene is now a destination and not a coaching layover.

The only one possibly heading back to Tuscaloosa for a new job is sportscaster Kamerman at KVAL for his Bama insider sourced 'scoop' that DL was there last night. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

How about these?
Sark or Deboer to Bama

or Sark to Bama then Deboer to Texas

or Kiffin to Bama and DT Nolan switches to UO 😀

I don’t feel Kiffin.  Dabo before him.

Dan Lanning Is Really Good At This

WWW.THEBIGLEAD.COM

Nick Saban surprised a lot of people by retiring yesterday. It didn't take much time at all for the coaching carousel hamster wheel to get going and Oregon's Da

Gotta say, the longer you don't hear anything from Deboer...well, that says a lot.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/11/2024 at 11:06 AM, EastBayDuckDad said:

No equivocation at all in that video, short and direct. Lanning just raised the OBD brand a level or two by staying put. Eugene is now a destination and not a coaching layover.

The only one possibly heading back to Tuscaloosa for a new job is sportscaster Kamerman at KVAL for his Bama insider sourced 'scoop' that DL was there last night. 

Kamerman won't be getting press credentials from UO anytime soon.

• Haha 1

And just like that, poof, the nasty lil rumours are gone!  Always a good day to be a Duck.  🦆🏈💯

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Whew! I have to admit I was panicking a bit, but who can blame Oregon fans for that given recent history. Great news.