QUAAACK!!! Evan Stewart Commits to Oregon

Today is turning out to be OK.

• Go Ducks! 4
  • Cool 1
  • Great post! 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

A five-star prospect in the class of 2022, Stewart was ranked No. 11 overall and No. 2 among receivers in the...

• Applause 1

Oregon Lands BIG TIME WR Evan Stewart Via Transfer Portal | IMPACT for Ducks, Dan Lanning?

• Wow 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oregon Ducks get commitment from Texas A&M WR Evan Stewart

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The No. 2 transfer player in 2024, and the former No. 1 WR in the 2021 class is coming to Eugene.

• Applause 1

The Hits Just Keep On Coming at KOBD!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/11/2024 at 6:27 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Today is turning out to be OK.

Just ok?

I feel it is turning out to be a whole lot better than just ok.

Now if we can get some news that DeBoer is leaving Washington for some of those sweet sweet Husky tears we are looking at an almost perfect off-season day.

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 6

The weapons that Dillon is going to have at his disposal borders on ridiculous!!

"Let see, I have James/Whittington out of backfield, Ferguson/Herbert on an out, Tez is in the slot on a crosser, Bryant is running a post and Stewart is on a go route....hmmm"

I hope he processes quickly because I would be staring at that like,  well:

shocked-surprised.gif.03b19f7c0bce5463a0a05b76f4b64b6a.gif

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Duck fans react to No. 1 WR Evan Stewart's commitment to Oregon

With the addition of Stewart, it’s clear that the Ducks have one of the best receiver rooms in the nation going into the 2024 season.

After a day of celebration from the Lanning news, Oregon fans kept it going on Thursday night with the announcement of Stewart’s commitment...

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Oregon Ducks got a commitment from former 5-star WR Evan Stewart on Thursday night, keeping the good times rolling in...

• Thumbs Up 1

Evan Stewart appears to be a great replacement for Troy Franklin. Dillon Gabriel is going to love having him as a weapon.  Stewart is a true deep threat and makes tough, contested catches all over the field.  Looks like a terrific pickup for the Oregon Ducks.

I'm shocked that he didn't have more production at Texas A&M this past year but I don't know much about the Aggie's offense or QB.

Edited by OregonDucks

The biggest issue on Stewart I'm told, one that caused the Dawgs not to pursue him, was his self-admitted mental issues. I have absolutely no idea what these issues are, but I certainly hope he can pull himself together and start to play somewhere close to his potential for the Ducks. 

Sorry to be a bit of a Debbie Downer here, but one should not always rely on high school recruiting rankings as a predictor of success for a third-year college player. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Lots of those catches came from a left handed QB.

On 1/11/2024 at 10:03 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

The biggest issue on Stewart I'm told, one that caused the Dawgs not to pursue him, was his self-admitted mental issues. I have absolutely no idea what these issues are, but I certainly hope he can pull himself together and start to play somewhere close to his potential for the Ducks. 

Sorry to be a bit of a Debbie Downer here, but one should not always rely on high school recruiting rankings as a predictor of success for a third-year college player. 

1 or 5 star in HS doesn’t matter, he’s considered the second highest rated player in the portal that everyone wanted in 2024.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

On 1/11/2024 at 10:07 PM, David Marsh said:

Just ok?

I feel it is turning out to be a whole lot better than just ok.

Now if we can get some news that DeBoer is leaving Washington for some of those sweet sweet Husky tears we are looking at an almost perfect off-season day.

Never get too excited when you’re on a heater.

Interesting he has brought in a guy who has some issues. I like the fact that Lanning has taken on a challenge. This is something Chip did and managed pretty well. 

I do think this is something we haven't really seen Lanning deal with completely. Although he did show a quick trigger with Holden, maybe that will be his method. 

I still look for a big experienced DT to come to Oregon. Maybe one of Alabama's DT's will transfer out this spring. Our offense is lights out talented, our defense could still use some big experience.

On 1/11/2024 at 10:03 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

I agree.

That said, last season, Evan Stewart made contested catches downfield that not many college wide receivers are capable of.  Someone said that he makes 50/50 balls 75/25.  His potential is off the charts. Hopefully, Oregon can get the most out of him.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/11/2024 at 11:03 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

Duck lovin' is the healing power that this young man is looking for. 

5 things to know about Evan Stewart, the Oregon Ducks newest elite WR addition

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Some of the top things for Oregon Duck fans to know about Evan Stewart, their newest wide receiver addition from Texas A&M.

Where WR Evan Stewart stands among the top-rated transfers in Dan Lanning era

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

A look at where Oregon Ducks’ new wide receiver transfer Evan Stewart ranks among top-rated transfers to come to Oregon under Dan Lanning.

Ducks Dish Podcast

Texas A&M WR Evan Stewart Commits to Oregon | Ducks are on FIRE

Hmm.  Was excited about the talent, but I also see many potential red flags.  He may be a good test of Lanning's leadership.  Fingers crossed and Go Ducks!

@DrJacksPlaidPants Today just keeps getting better and better!

What a time to be a fan of OBD!

• Thumbs Up 1