Charles Fischer

Cool! Jan. 24th Jabbar Muhammad Update!

See updates at the bottom of this thread...

--------------------------------------------------------------

Now I understand the urgency to the recruiting of Muhammad, as Jahlil Florence may not be 100% ready for the season.  Rumors of a serious injury...  (Starting a new thread about Muhammad)

• Wow 1

Mr. FishDuck

This is not good...can't even bend the leg?

image.png

• Oh no! 1
  • Yikes! 2

Mr. FishDuck

The transfer portal has provided college football fans with no shortage of storylines. There may be another on Tuesday as the Ducks picked up a new prediction to land Washington cornerback Jabbar Muhammad

The prediction comes from Gerry Hamilton, a senior recruiting analyst at On3, who had previously logged a prediction for Muhammad to commit to Texas on January 18.

https://www.si.com/college/oregon/recruiting/oregon-picks-up-new-prediction-to-land-washington-cb-jabbar-muhammad

• Let’s hope! 3
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

A 2025 TE out of Utah, Bear Tenney is slated to visit this weekend and says if all goes well he could committ.

Also from the 23rd and on the Texas site...

Jabbar Muhammad visiting Oregon

Texas leads for the No. 12 ranked prospect in the On3 Transfer Portal Player Rankings is headed to Oregon for a visit following a weekend trip to Alabama.

After entering an On3 RPM pick for Muhammad to eventually pick Texas last week, the Ducks are more than making it a fight. Dan Lanning met with the Muhammad family prior to the visit, and the Ducks are all in. All in, and with a plan for Muhammad to come in and be a corner that rarely comes off the field.

The cousin of Texas freshmen Malik Muhammad and Billy Walton recorded 46 tackles, 14 passes defended and three interceptions for Washington in 2023. He was named All-Pac 12 Second-Team following the 2023 season. Muhammad recorded 72 tackles and 12 pass break ups in three seasons at Oklahoma State prior to transferring to Washington.

Mr. FishDuck

Hard to make out a lot of info on the J Florence pic. It isn't dated and could have been not long after the injury or any surgical repair. Does anyone know when it was posted?

There does appear to be a joint support at the knee so he is able to move it, always an essential sign for rehab. 

Pretty good bet though that he won't be ready for spring ball and that adding Muhammad is being figured in as an important option. All the best to JF and his recovery. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On the 19th On3 says Texas is the call.  On the 23rd it’s Oregon.  IOW, “I really have no meaningful insight into the young man’s decision or preference.”  Or…how can I bid up my NIL like a boss?

Love to have him (obviously) but it’s likely pointless getting too excited or worried at this point…unless it floats your boat in which case please continue 🙂

image.png

• Go Ducks! 1

Mr. FishDuck

Cool!

JHOP at ScoopDuck just made a prediction of Muhammad to Oregon, with a level of 70% confidence. How accurate is JHOP with his picks?  Generally he is right about 85-90% of the time, and he is giving himself wiggle-room by not going with a super-high probability percentage.

Not a shoo-in, but the fact that he is still visiting Oregon after visits to Texas and Alabama, and Jabbar did not shut down the Oregon visit to sign with one of the other two schools is great for the Ducks.

Dano is the best with visits, thus a decent chance of getting his commitment to Oregon!

image.png

P.S. I know people have not said "Cool" since the 1970s, but that is what you get with an old-fart.

• Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/24/2024 at 2:20 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I know people have not said "Cool" since the 1970s

Not these people, just sometimes with a K.

Coolio.

I don’t get into the micro level with players much, but will make an exception in this case. Highly coveted player AND former UW player going to us would bring many purple tears to the world.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/24/2024 at 5:20 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Cool!

JHOP at ScoopDuck just made a prediction of Muhammad to Oregon, with a level of 70% confidence. How accurate is JHOP with his picks?  Generally he is right about 85-90% of the time, and he is giving himself wiggle-room by not going with a super-high probability percentage.

Not a shoo-in, but the fact that he is still visiting Oregon after visits to Texas and Alabama, and Jabbar did not shut down the Oregon visit to sign with one of the other two schools is great for the Ducks.

Dano is the best with visits, thus a decent chance of getting his commitment to Oregon!

image.png

P.S. I know people have not said "Cool" since the 1970s, but that is what you get with an old-fart.

Far out! Awesome! Sweet! But no 'Cool?' That's chili!

Cool!

image.png

I'll check with the young people today... 

Looks like "Fire" might be the knew version of cool, but I'm pretty sure that is outdated now as well. 

Purple Tears might be the mutts new fight song. Thanks Jabba, now all we need to do is come up with the lyrics.

• Applause 2

Cool.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Word

• Thumbs Up 2

Out of sight and right on!

Radical

Dudes, this whole like is so tubular.

• Applause 1

Groovy

Bitchen

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

• Lit  🔥
  • Haha 1

Bee’s Knees or, if A River Runs Through It is to be believed, that’s the berries!

’Fire’ is slightly passe.  It was all the rage in 2019 but these days…

I can go any number of ways and decades when expressing this sentiment in my everyday life but my go to is the full McConaughey: “right on, right on” (voice imitation is critical if ever used)

Edited by CalBear95
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Boss!

HELP! I've lost my Jabbar! Any updates would be very, very, cool.

• Haha 1

WATCH: Oregon Visit up Next for Washington CB Jabbar Muhammad | Commitment Incoming?

• Let’s hope! 1

Breaking… CB Jabbar Muhammad commits to Oregon!

• Cool 1
  • Applause 1