Charles Fischer

GameDay Thread versus Boise State: Join Us!

Oregon's left tackle is terrible.  Totally whiffed.

Edited by OregonDucks

On 9/7/2024 at 8:11 PM, EastBayDuckDad said:

Penalties. Killing. Oregon. 

Yeah, though there should have been a late hit and unsportsmans on the Boise State player. 

Goodbye playoffs.

• Yikes! 1

4 sacks. 6 yards rushing. 

That penalty by Holden was especially dumb.

• Great post! 1

possibly the worst offensive line Ive seen at oregon since before crystal ball.    very poor is an understatement at this point in time.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can’t blame the defense on that one. The offense put them in a losing position.

• Thumbs Up 1

Offense squanders a possession... And Boise Scores. 

Ughh

and the defense is pretty disappointing also.     Second half best be a lot a lot a lot better or this team shows no likelihood of beat Ohio st or several others in big ten.   Nat Champions.   I don t think so... Go ducks...   I can hope and wonder.  

A lot of coaches have a ton to explain, can't stay discipline on play action, can't block, can't run the ball, stupid idiotic selfish penalties, a team that looks like they completely drank the media kool-aid.

• Great post! 1

We've been through this a few times before when it seemed all was lost and somehow we came back to win. Still keeping the faith.

I honestly hope the Ducks win - BSU fans and players come across as being obnoxious.

OBD had some shining moments on O. Just keep doing what works.

DG needs to work on his escapability.

Sad!  Number 3 team?  Right!  Sorry, I am still disappointed.  I keep hoping to see some improvemene, but it doesn't seem to be there.  I am disappointed.  They don't seem to want to win.

This team is playing like trash.  

DG should have gone somewhere else.  Oregon is wasting his talent and he is going to get hurt.

Edited by OregonDucks

No more fly sweeps! 

They get nothing constantly! 

• Like 1

That last play call…sweep on 3rd and 6 is a head scratcher.  Wow.  

going into halftime down?  Yikes?

Just because Georgia does fly sweeps to the TE doesn't mean you have to, Sediq is not Bowers, and we don't have the line to do that.

Im not sure we could beat Colorado with this team lol

• Let’s hope! 1

On 9/7/2024 at 10:27 PM, spartan2785 said:

Just because Georgia does fly sweeps to the TE doesn't mean you have to, Sediq is not Bowers, and we don't have the line to do that.

LOL. What is Oregon's offensive line capable of doing; other than watching pass rushers go by them?

I've been watching Oregon football for decades and this is by far the worst offensive line I have ever seen at Oregon.  Coach Greatwood would develop under the radar recruits into a cohesive unit.  I don't know who is responsible for this mess we are watching.

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Please may the best team lose tonight hahaha.     

Was watching on YouTube bootlegs for about 5 minutes, then NBC swooped in and copyright them all. Every other game stream is still up. Kudos to NBC for defending their racket.

Thanks to the radio now, although it sounds pretty brutal. No improvement from last week.

Boise is going to beat us again.

I have to say this. I NEVER want to see Boise State on our schedule ever again

• Applause 2

I disliked the fly sweep, also. 

We have one of the best receiving tight ends in college football. 

However, they seem to be forcing the ball to Sadiq, who has only a holding penalty to his name tonight. 

The OL has not shown any obvious improvement. This is really bad.

• Oh no! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

IDK, does BSU have some kind of psychological hex on the Ducks? Oregon State and even Ewe-dub seem to be able to put the Broncs away whenever they play.

Give BSU credit as they're a good football team but I'm not sure why OBD struggle so much with them.

Just me... Or is this feeling like 2016? 

Barely beat am FCS team followed by complete offensive line collapse and defensive collapse..

• Yikes! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/7/2024 at 10:39 PM, kirklandduck said:

The OL has not shown any obvious improvement. This is really bad.

At least we can look forward to another great analysis by Charles with plenty of film of what went wrong (again).  Maybe Oregon's offensive line coaches can refer to his article because I don't know what the heck they've been doing all week.  

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Like 1

Maybe OBD need to bring back Greatwood. O-Line is a liability right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Conerly and Cornelius have lost themselves a lot of money, don't even look UDAF level now after getting 1st round buzz, incredible to see them just plummet. 

Kind of has the feel of a mid-season firing for Terry, there is no way this O-line should be this bad.  

On 9/7/2024 at 10:43 PM, OceaniaDuck said:

Maybe OBD need to bring back Greatwood. O-Line is a liability right now.

I would be all for it!  He's 66 years young.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2024 at 8:40 PM, David Marsh said:

Just me... Or is this feeling like 2016? 

Barely beat am FCS team followed by complete offensive line collapse and defensive collapse..

If this is what our team is actually going to look like, I hate to say it it, but we will likely go 6-6.

Right now, I can't believe I drank the kool-aid again.

• Yikes! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Part of what really makes me furious about this game is thinking back to the Holden personal foul, you're a senior, you know the CB is going to do that, and you take the opportunity to give a selfish push, completely avoidable.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Here’s hoping Oregon built in ways to get refunds on these NIL deals.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think at this point, DL and Stein need to just call aggressive offensive plays.   Can't just run up the middle or throw lateral passes any more.   This team is clearly not as good as hyped and we need to play hungry!

Case in point, when DG throws to Stewart down field, good things happen...

Edited by DuckFan93

On 9/7/2024 at 10:47 PM, DuckFan93 said:

I think at this point, DL and Stein need to just call aggressive offensive plays.   Can't just run up the middle or throw lateral passes any more.   This team is clearly not as good as hyped and we need to play hungry!

What do you call?  

* We can't run the ball...

* Our offensive line cannot block for more than 2 seconds...

Maybe keep 2 backs or TEs in the backfield to pass protect?

Edited by OregonDucks

On 9/7/2024 at 8:47 PM, DuckFan93 said:

Even aggressive plays need time to happen, which the OL is failing at. Maybe they should put in an extra blocking TE for additional protection so that DG and the WRs have a chance to work.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is not a good football team right now.  

On 9/7/2024 at 8:49 PM, OregonDucks said:

Maybe keep 2 backs or TEs in the backfield to pass protect?

That’s what I was thinking. The front 5 can’t seem to handle it themselves.

On 9/7/2024 at 10:50 PM, kirklandduck said:

Even aggressive plays need time to happen, which the OL is failing at. Maybe they should put in an extra blocking TE for additional protection so that DG and the WRs have a chance to work.

Have the long snapper play center and have DG line up 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage?  LOL.

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Thumbs Up 1

Maybe someone can call up Georgia Southern and find out how to score 40+ points on Boise St because the Ducks haven’t a clue how to do it.

• Applause 1

On 9/7/2024 at 8:13 PM, OregonDucks said:

Oregon's left tackle is terrible.  Totally whiffed.

You mean our former projected first round draft Conerly?

If this OL keeps deteriorating it will become recruit repellent. We already aren't doing great, but this will be a nail in the coffin. But you have to figure Lanning will pay attention to not losing our on OL recruits.

This will be a test of how long Lanning's leash is on his position coaches.

Damn. It’s almost midnight here on the east coast and I have nightmares before going to bed. 

Edited by Massduck
Wrong auto correct

On 9/7/2024 at 8:49 PM, OregonDucks said:

What do you call?  

Send Stewart and Johnson down field and have DG get rid of the ball quickly.   When that works for a couple of times, running plays should loosen up.    Definitely don't keep running up the middle for 1st and 2nd down.  That's the Mari No play!

On 9/7/2024 at 8:52 PM, OregonDucks said:

Have the long snapper play center and have DG line up 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage?  LOL.

The way it’s going that’s not a bad idea 😛

On 9/7/2024 at 8:47 PM, DuckFan93 said:

When DG isn't getting sacked 4 times... in the first half, he's able to do good things with the ball down field.

On the bright side there are a few good things going for the Ducks -just not enough. I will never buy into the hype again.  Basically we are a top 25 team at best. At least we arent Notre Dame. Such a shame about the O line.

On 9/7/2024 at 10:53 PM, Desert Duck said:

When DG isn't getting sacked 4 times... in the first half, he's able to do good things with the ball down field.

DG had time on those throws.  

When he has time, he has shown what he is capable of.  The issue is that he is not getting good protection consistently.   This will start to affect DG mentally, if it hasn't already, and he'll start looking at the rush instead of looking down the field.

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Applause 1

On 9/7/2024 at 8:53 PM, Desert Duck said:

Yes, OL is leaky.   But DG needs to get rid of ball quick or be more mobile too!   Not to give up on him, but I wonder if it's time to play another 5-star QB that we got just to mix things up?   I think it's desperation time.   Continuing the same plays will definitely result in a loss.

Edited by DuckFan93