Charles Fischer

Oregon GameDay Thread versus UCLA: Join Us!

Here we are my Duck-Buddies, the thread for pondering the actual game as it happens.  Let's discuss before, and during the game!

The vast majority of you are GREAT in this thread, but you must remember that this forum is different, as we require civilized discourse. Discussion of negative is fine, but don't vent on us!

Rule No. 31d covers GameDay Thread Conduct, and it is not hard for the vast majority of us--just a tiny few who need to reign it in when things don't go well for Our Beloved Ducks.

Let's Have Fun Posting During the Game!

A Decade Ago...

Behind offensive line, No. 12 Oregon pushes No. 18 UCLA out of the way, and  saves its season: Game story - oregonlive.com

Mr. FishDuck

Can’t wait for the game to start — will be posting updates from the field & the press box!

image.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Very cool, as Alex is our FishDuck.com correspondent at the UCLA game in the Press Box!

This does not happen very often anymore, so it’s great to get impressions from Alex while he is there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Is anyone else nervous about which team is going to show up?  I really hope it's the one that executes at a high level. 

Well as a GA fan I’m having a terrible day so far.  I’m really hoping that as a Duck fan I have a much better day.  Come on Ducks give me something to be proud of.

GO DUCKS!!!

These unis look better on TV than on Instagram. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/28/2024 at 7:47 PM, SoGaDawg said:

Well as a GA fan I’m having a terrible day so far.  I’m really hoping that as a Duck fan I have a much better day.  Come on Ducks give me something to be proud of.

GO DUCKS!!!

Better check the score!!!! 

Also..

Go Ducks good first possession. 

• Thumbs Up 1

What have I said about pass coverage?  What ticks me off more than any unforced errors?  Thirty yards of passing because the linebackers are looking at the QB while receivers run past them.

Both instances, all the backer had to do is locate the receiver in his area of responsibility, and take away the QBs option by covering the damn target.

Like I said, I will write this ONE HUNDRED TIMES this year!!!

We will have the best damn pass defense correcting that one mistake.  NUMBER ONE!!!

On 9/28/2024 at 8:13 PM, David Marsh said:

Also..

Georgia still has a chance

Not after that pick in the end zone

Have to question the choice in uniform for UCLA, those gold pants and shoes aren't flattering at all. They would've been better off with white.

Whwere is Evan Stewart?

On 9/28/2024 at 8:31 PM, kirklandduck said:

Have to question the choice in uniform for UCLA, those gold pants and shoes aren't flattering at all. They would've been better off with white.

I'm not loving the darker shade of yellow. I know it's retro but I like retro uniforms more of a sometimes thing. 

The defensive line needs to start getting more pressure. 

On 9/28/2024 at 8:40 PM, David Marsh said:

I'm not loving the darker shade of yellow. I know it's retro but I like retro uniforms more of a sometimes thing. 

Yeah I'm not a fan of that shade of yellow either.

But at least Oregon doesn't look like they ran through a vat of pancake batter.

Wow, nice pick

What have I said about pass coverage?  What ticks me off more than any unforced errors?  Thirty yards of passing because the linebackers are looking at the QB while receivers run past them.

Both instances, all the backer had to do is locate the receiver in his area of responsibility, and take away the QBs option by covering the damn target.

Like I said, I will write this ONE HUNDRED TIMES this year!!!

We will have the best damn pass defense correcting that one mistake.  NUMBER ONE!!!

Why did Boetcher intercept that pass?  Because he went and covered the receiver.  Just like I said.

Just saw him - and got called for illegal motion

Way to go Burch. Need to see that more consistently this season. So much talent.  

Go get that NFL money!

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Go Ducks! 1

That was money! Sco Ducks

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/28/2024 at 11:13 PM, David Marsh said:

Also..

I was watching.  Things took a great turn about the time I posted.  I was a few mins behind on a recording at the moment though.  Thanks for the heads up.  I’m unhappy that we lost, but we didn’t fold and showed improvement and looked to have made adjustments well.  We still take a loss but things could look worse.  When we were down 28-0 we didn’t look at all like a team that would compete for a playoff spot.  To say the least, I was concerned.😂

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/28/2024 at 11:13 PM, SoGaDawg said:

I was watching.  Things took a great turn about the time I posted.  I was a few mins behind on a recording at the moment though.  Thanks for the heads up.  I’m unhappy that we lost, but we didn’t fold and showed improvement and looked to have made adjustments well.  We still take a loss but things could look worse.  When we were down 28-0 we didn’t look at all like a team that would compete for a playoff spot.  To say the least, I was concerned.😂

It’s tough to go on the road and win a game against good teams. Georgia battled back and shouldn’t fall too far in the polls. 

• Thumbs Up 1

What was with Addison (former Duck) laying out Ferguson and then stunting on him? Seriously? Glad that guy isn't on our team anymore. What a punk thing to do. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Man, UCLA’s defense is sure chirping and playing dirty. Hope the Ducks can bury them so Dante Moore can get some quality playing time.  

On 9/28/2024 at 9:29 PM, OregonDucks said:

Man, UCLA’s defense is sure chirping and playing dirty. Hope the Ducks can bury them so Dante Moore can get some quality playing time.  

UCLA still has a good few players from LA... Only they were the ones rejected by the Ducks because the roles in LA have reversed. 

That and apparently there are 5 former Ducks on their roster. I knew there were 2

... Not 5

That Bruin defense is talking way too much while down 28-3. 

Well that was a buzz kill.

Oof that was the first bad pass I’ve seen from DG.

• Thumbs Up 1

What was DG looking at? That’s a true freshman mistake. 

Edited by OregonDucks

UCLA still has a good few players from LA... Only they were the ones rejected by the Ducks because the roles in LA have reversed. 

That and apparently there are 5 former Ducks on their roster. I knew there were 2

... Not 5

Also... We could use some more rushing plays. Feels like we are forcing the pass game at times tonight. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Gabried threw to where he thought Tez Johnson would be, but Tez slipped and fell down, thus the pass seemed to go directly to Addison.

He remains pretty accurate!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

The offense has disappeared.  

The WR screen/bubble passes are not working (is Dudwig back). Need to run the ball and throw the intermediate passes.  

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm having trouble understanding why coach Stein keeps calling the sideline screen for no gain?

Why?

Still struggling to see this as a legit top 20 team.  BSU by far best team we've played.

More rushing plays!!! 

James is getting good chunks. Let him run and set up the offense. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Gabriel looks out of sorts.   Run the ball. 

• Thumbs Up 1

UCLA has been picking on Reed all night. Like to see some other CBs rotate in.  

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Thumbs Up 1

Are our kickers caused??? 

Missing PATs is not great and that's the second one this year. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Much needed drive there.  Let’s put the game away D.  

Is that the second PAT Sappington has missed on the season? I still think he's a big upgrade over Camden Lewis, but that's a little worrying. 

On 9/28/2024 at 10:27 PM, GeotechDuck said:

Gabriel looks out of sorts.   Run the ball. 

UCLA changed up their defense a bit. They are playing a safety or two deep which is messing with some of the game plan I'm sure. 

But the run game.is getting good chunks so run the ball! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Boy I dunno about the rest of you, but these late games feel like a crime against humanity.

UCLA is out matched and they are playing dirty.  The Ducks are taking them to the woodshed anyway.

With #2 and #6 losing today, what will OBD be ranked tomorrow (which is already here in most of the country).

• Great post! 1

I suspect Georgia will stay above Oregon.  I am guessing No 7 or maybe No 6 if they jump Miami. 

On 9/28/2024 at 10:49 PM, PittDuck said:

With #2 and #6 losing today, what will OBD be ranked tomorrow (which is already here in most of the country).

7th! 

I'm only half joking. 

That Boise State win keeps looking better by the week. 

On 9/28/2024 at 10:59 PM, Desert Duck said:

That Boise State win keeps looking better by the week. 

And we played SOOO bad that game..

Like we were actively working to lose that game. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Very meh imo.   Not bad, but the O-line has to get better, this is not a good UCLA team, we should be beating them by more, the O-line should be getting bigger holes in the run game, just not very inspired play.  Gabriel has forced it a bit, 

• Thanks 1

We’re going to really miss Bo very soon, I’m afraid.

• Haha 1