Babyjesus615

Down Goes USuCk Again!

On 10/20/2024 at 12:58 PM, Triphibius said:

Beware the Tarmac, Mr. Riley. 

Yes... Riley might want to see if he can pull John Madden's classic bus RV out of storage. 

On 10/20/2024 at 10:22 AM, OregonDucks said:

More Trojan tears....

dramatic-cry.gif

Best part is that we are getting an almost weekly serving! 

• Haha 1

Josh Pate on USC mid-review of the Maryland vs. USC game:

”. . . by the way, you guys broke up the PAC-12 for this, huh?”

• Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/21/2024 at 12:12 AM, cartm25 said:

Josh Pate on USC mid-review of the Maryland vs. USC game:

”. . . by the way, you guys broke up the PAC-12 for this, huh?”

USC and UCLA are tied for second to last place in the B1G with a 1-3 conference record. Purdue is in last place at 0-4. 

I guess if you are going to suck, it’s better to do it with a lot of $$$$$$?

• Thumbs Up 2

That dumpster fire may be way down in southern California but it still keeps me toasty warm at night. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

KUSC - Here in South Central The HIts Just Keep On Comin.'

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

This is what football misery looks like at USC: Not only are the Trojans 3-4 and in bad shape, but Dan Lanning and Oregon are No. 1. It’s a worst-case scenario.

Doctor! We're suffering from Puddles Paranoia. HELP! I wonder what the Grinch Who Stole Defense thinks about the SC stink? 

"Meanwhile, USC’s Western competitor, the Oregon football machine, is now No. 1 in the poll.

It’s a worst-case scenario for USC football under Lincoln Riley."

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

With the Dodgers opening the World Series and the Lakers playing at the same time, Rutgers may out number SUC fans in the stands 3-2.

• Applause 1

On 10/20/2024 at 8:01 AM, David Marsh said:

There was nothing wrong with that Pac-12 football product... It needed a team to elevate into the national title picture sure but from an entertainment standpoint nothing wrong with it. 

There was everything wrong with its branding. Being relegated to late night didn't help our legitimacy in the eyes of the east coast who have a lot of say in what happens in the post season.

I beg to differ.

The final year of the conference that used to be excellent in football, was its best in a decade.

In fact, while teams were beating each other up, none of  them were like our two Natty contending OBD or Pete Carrol's super teams.  The conference was mediocre on a talent level.

They couldn't defeat blue bloods, or any other power, and nationally speaking, they were boring. 

Blue Blood, national contending football draws more eyeballs.  That, and a great marketing department like Oregon has.  That absolutely did not exist out West.

To be the best you have to beat the best.  Marketing, product, and reputation.  Olympic Sports do not qualify.  Look at the ratings for the teams formerly in the PAC12.  Not impressive.

Businessmen aren't in the charity business.  That would be the Red Cross.  And believe me, the PAC12 was a national disaster.  That what happens when the Fuskies and USC sucks. 

On 10/22/2024 at 2:08 PM, Mike West said:

And believe me, the PAC12 was a national disaster.  That what happens when the Fuskies and USC sucks. 

The last few years, the best Pac-12 team was UCLA Softball, but they, and everybody else, couldn't touch Oklahoma, who could be on a Wooden-like dynasty.

Edited by 30Duck

Excluding Dan Lanning, is there any coach that would make you nervous if USC were to acquire them?

Ones that would make me nervous:

- Curt Cignetti

- Kalen DeBoer (if Bama pushes him out)

- Deion Sanders

- Matt Rhule

On 10/22/2024 at 4:11 PM, cartm25 said:

Excluding Dan Lanning, is there any coach that would make you nervous if USC were to acquire them?

- Curt Cignetti

- Deion Sanders

- Matt Rhule

I wouldn't be that worried about Prime, as far as I can tell he's still, "Playin' for clicks." DeBoer would be a huge upgrade over Riley, as would Rhule. Indiana didn't plan on this kind of season when they hired Cignetti, they better have a new deal for him soon, he would get USC winning again,

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a feeling that in a few short years, USC will be so far in our rear view mirror that we won't even bother with the schadenfreude.

They'll just be like gum stuck on your shoe; something to scrape off, but nothing to worry about.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/22/2024 at 4:39 PM, jrw said:

I have a feeling that in a few short years, USC will be so far in our rear view mirror that we won't even bother with the schadenfreude.

They'll just be like gum stuck on your shoe; something to scrape off, but nothing to worry about.

Kind of like Beavis, now?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

While I deplore U$C and their sycophants, like Cowherd and JFOK, I won't dismiss them. They won't ever be the Carroll teams again, but with a competent coach they'll be competitive. 

On 10/22/2024 at 7:11 PM, cartm25 said:

- Curt Cignetti

- Deion Sanders

- Matt Rhule

DeBoer. He’s more Jennifer Cohen’s type. They make beautiful music together.

On 10/22/2024 at 3:46 PM, 30Duck said:

The last few years, the best Pac-12 team was UCLA Softball, but they, and everybody else, couldn't touch Oklahoma, who could be on a Wooden-like dynasty.

Oklahoma Softball... talk about a ridiculous powerhouse!

On 10/22/2024 at 6:11 PM, cartm25 said:

Urban Meyer. Dude is a scumbag but he wins everywhere he goes.  

Chris Petersen if he were willing to coach again. Obviously, really good coach. 

Hopefully, USC continues to look for former Trojans or the flashy hire despite the fact that two of their legendary head football coaches were Ducks.

• Applause 2

SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

Wait a minute, wait a minute. It's blasphemy, sacrilege, to entertain the idea that USC football fans are simply going to turn away...

On 10/23/2024 at 6:21 AM, 30Duck said:
SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

Wait a minute, wait a minute. It's blasphemy, sacrilege, to entertain the idea that USC football fans are simply going to turn away...

So much for that vaunted "LA media market" the B10 coveted...

• Great post! 1