Steven A

Oregon Wide Receiver Mycah Pittman is no Longer with the Oregon Football Program According to Head Coach Mario Cristobal.

I know this mentioned in video post but thought this might bring more attention to issue.

As Nigel Burton likes to say "he gone".

Oregon WR Mycah Pittman no longer with program (247sports.com)

It's a shame he couldn't be patient for one more season.  Silver lining is that that opens up more opportunities for Troy Franklin, Devon Williams, and Donte Thornton.  

• Thumbs Up 1

It'll be interesting to see where he winds up, I wish him luck... unless he's playing against us ha. 

Ironically he'll probably be missed more as a punt returner than wide receiver, i believe he was the only guy to have any returns this year, 15 returns for 151 yards.  

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/oregon-ducks-team-stats?category=returning&sort=ret_puntyds&season=2021&seasonType=reg&sortOrder=desc

I really liked Micah. Sorry to see him go but I don't blame him one bit. Timing is odd, he must have his reasons. 

We've talked alot about AB's short comings and now that we are 9-1 it seems most of us are OK with him. But there are a limited number of games each year, only so many opportunities to make a play, and only 4 years to do it.

A man needs to do what he needs to do.

Mycah has real talent, I hope he lands somewhere good. I wish him the best.

• Like 1

Why are more and more players leaving teams mid-season -- can they immediately play somewhere else?

On 11/17/2021 at 1:06 PM, deschutesduck said:

It'll be interesting to see where he winds up, I wish him luck... unless he's playing against us ha. 

Ironically he'll probably be missed more as a punt returner than wide receiver, i believe he was the only guy to have any returns this year, 15 returns for 151 yards.  

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/oregon-ducks-team-stats?category=returning&sort=ret_puntyds&season=2021&seasonType=reg&sortOrder=desc

Seven Mcgee is listed as the backup. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's Mycah's Tweet.

Sorry to see this happen, but Coach C rightfully has no need for a player that becomes a distraction to the team goal.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/17/2021 at 1:10 PM, RichardDuck said:

Why are more and more players leaving teams mid-season -- can they immediately play somewhere else?

No, they cannot play immediately this year. They have used their eligibility for this year as it is. They do however, get into the transfer portal before anyone else does and get to go team shopping early enough to get themselves a scholarship before teams run out of spots. Remember in a typical year (this year has a bit of weirdness) a school can only add 25 new scholarship players. That 25 number includes high schoolers AND transfer portal players. So getting into the transfer portal earlier can mean he gets a spot on a team that would otherwise fill that spot. 

However, with all that said... wouldn't it be more fun to be on a team that makes the playoff than to sit on the sideline? 

As a coach, I think I'd be less likely to bring in a guy who quit on his team mid-season.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/17/2021 at 1:17 PM, David Marsh said:

No, they cannot play immediately this year. They have used their eligibility for this year as it is. They do however, get into the transfer portal before anyone else does and get to go team shopping early enough to get themselves a scholarship before teams run out of spots. Remember in a typical year (this year has a bit of weirdness) a school can only add 25 new scholarship players. That 25 number includes high schoolers AND transfer portal players. So getting into the transfer portal earlier can mean he gets a spot on a team that would otherwise fill that spot. 

However, with all that said... wouldn't it be more fun to be on a team that makes the playoff than to sit on the sideline? 

Excellent point. Schollie #'s could be lower as schools have to get back to 84. I wonder if he ends up at UCLA?

CK would sure know how to utilize his talents.

On 11/17/2021 at 1:11 PM, Annie said:

Here's Mycah's Tweet.

Classy tweet, I wish he showed the same class leading up to this point. I know Oregon will move on stronger and better, I hope he can too!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm really sorry to see Pittman go, and as someone else on here mentioned, there must have been a severe personality conflict between he and his coaching staff for him to decide to bolt at this late juncture from a team that could be in the CFP. I've heard that he's considering transferring to USC where his brother and, I believe his father, played.

More really bad news out there on the grape vine has it that JJ3 has suffered a season ending injury to his leg. When it rains, it pours... but never in Autzen Stadium.

Edited by latracey

Not good at all that we are not just losing new WR recruits, but enrolled and seasoned guys too.    That's the downside of having a QB like AB, unfortunately.    Yes, these guys should be more patient, but who can blame them in this day and age.   I am personally very surprised that our QB3 Butterfield and QB4 Ashford have been as patient as they are so far.  Fingers crossed.

Edited by DuckFan93
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 3:03 PM, DuckFan93 said:

Not good at all that we are not just losing new WR recruits, but enrolled and seasoned guys too.    That's the downside of having a QB like AB, unfortunately.    Yes, these guys should be more patient, but who can blame them in this day and age.   I am personally very surprised that our QB3 Butterfield and QB4 Ashford have been as patient as they are so far.  Fingers crossed.

If Ty Thompson earns the starting nod next season expect one of the two to transfer.

• Thumbs Up 1

It is interesting that our 2015 Rose Bowl Championship Team had severe wide receiver issues, with injuries. Those players would have killed to have been on the field helping their teammates. Devon Allen, is to this day, a great Duck, and one to remember! This is the kind of players we need on this team.

Hopefully this is the type we have behind Pittman. We need warriors who will do whatever it takes to help this team reach it's goal of winning out. 

Not sure how I will categorize a player who left, midseason, while his teammates struggled on? I suppose we are in new times and we need to evaluate things in a new light.

I know I can't swallow this one without wanting to throw up, right now!

• Thumbs Up 2

I have to admit, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.  Others had seen this before me and judged him correctly.  Youth makes mistakes, not understanding, there is a lot of life still yet to live in front of them.  The real world can be tougher than you think.  Young Mr Pittman, thought you understood better, the Team before I.  You will learn, though, one way or another.  Once a Duck, Always a duck.  To those, I may have offended, my deepest apologies, you were correct.

• Thumbs Up 1

And the most recent tweet from Micah:

• Like 1

Perhaps I am way off here so please correct me if I am missing something. I honestly never really understood the hype around Pittman. I loved his work ethic and attitude as a freshmen. He just seems like a strong kid with good hands but not particularly fast or big enough to be a matchup problem for a defense. I'm definitely not trying to knock this kid as he understandably wants more playing time. Perhaps he'll prove me wrong if he is featured more at a different school. Those young WRs look dangerous though. They are hungry for some action too. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Definitely makes one feel bad, but we must stay above and go forward!

5ul055.jpg

On 11/17/2021 at 3:26 PM, EzDucksIt said:

I have to admit, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.  Others had seen this before me and judged him correctly.  Youth makes mistakes, not understanding, there is a lot of life still yet to live in front of them.  The real world can be tougher than you think.  Young Mr Pittman, thought you understood better, the Team before I.  You will learn, though, one way or another.  Once a Duck, Always a duck.  To those, I may have offended, my deepest apologies, you were correct.

Me too.  Oh well can't be right all of the time. Good luck to him.

I hope this does not mean his girlfriend Maddie, a starter on the BB teams follows. If he was unhappy he was probably not helping moral in the locker room .

• Thumbs Up 1

Next man up. I think we’ll see a more dynamic punt returner in 7M. In all honesty his replacements at WR have higher ceilings.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/18/2021 at 7:15 AM, TheRunningDuck said:

I hope this does not mean his girlfriend Maddie, a starter on the BB teams follows. If he was unhappy he was probably not helping moral in the locker room .

Women's sports, in particular basketball, are getting more and more attention. Being a starter on Oregon's basketball team is a big deal, so yes she probably had the ability to go elsewhere but does that help her career, if she has a desire to go pro? 

It is possible she leaves but it feels disingenuous that she is being talked about as possibly leaving because she is Mycah's girlfriend. It is perhaps more likely they break up because she has her own goals and she came to Oregon for herself and not Mycah to begin with. 

She will make her own choice. She chose Oregon. If she follows Mycah anywhere how much choice would she have in that school's program? 

I wouldn't be afraid of her leaving the basketball team. 

Saw a post on earlier tweet that after M Pittman's post on Twitter saying he was "disrespected" in WSU game that MC would kick him off the team. Wondering if that had anything to do with this happening?