Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest KingT

Mario and Miami appear to be Close to a Deal

Miami has a lot to offer, family and friends probably being the most important.  Then consider weather and proximity to recruits and it is the leader.  Then consider that Florida does not have a state income tax.   Oregon's taxes incomes over $250,000 (married couple) at 9.9 percent.  That's a huge financial advantage.  Yes, Oregon has facilities, but those can be built.  So, in my view Mario is gone.

I'm sure Mullens has a list of HC candidates.  Hope Chris Peterson is on it.

I can’t find anything on espn or the Miami Herald Hurricanes sports page that says its a done deal. 

Hogwash maybe.

• Thumbs Up 2

It is clear Mario is taking care of himself, either way. I just want Mullens to take care of The Oregon Football Program, now!

Mullens should give Mario a deadline, we love Mario, we don't need to beg Mario, that isn't love, that is desperation. 

Desperation also comes from the lack of a plan, that is Mullens job. Mullens should be rounding third on an actionable plan for when Mario leaves.  

5wq8em.jpg

• Like 1

So I wonder what recruits living room Mario will be in when he gets the call and says yes to Miami. Then turns to the recruit and asks if he'd

like to go to Miami instead. 

On 12/5/2021 at 10:04 AM, GODUCKS15 said:

Right now I'm not believing anything of anyone. Way too much speculation.

For sure. 

If he had signed a contract then somebody would be scheduling a press conference.

Other than recruiting, MC moves slow and methodical. He doesn't need to rush this.

The longer he takes the more money he makes.

Mario is a smart guy.

Mario is an honest guy.

Mario has an agent.  An agent is expected to work to get a client the best possible deal.  Miami seems to be working with the agent on their best and final offer.

Mario’s bosses are free talk to him.  They are free to offer him and his agent their best deal.

Mario will consider offers and make a decision that is best for him and his family.

That is the deal.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would say that Mario is truly undecided, and he and his agent are working this situation for all it's worth to maximize his financial benefit, playing off the two schools against each other.

Edited by jrw

On 12/5/2021 at 10:34 AM, Vandownbytheriverduck said:

Fox News reporting

Yeah, there's a reliable source.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/5/2021 at 10:35 AM, jrw said:

Yeah, there's a reliable source.

The only reliable source will be from which school calls a press conference.

No matter what Miami offers, MC , his agent and wife should meet face to face with Mullens and PK. 

It's about honor and integrity. They gave a coach with a losing record, the second chance he desperately needed. His players went to bat for him.

Makes sense for a man who preaches loyalty and integrity to turn his back on those who gave him trust and their loyalty.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

If true, I'm wondering if Chris Petersen is ready to jump back in.

Anyone with me?

Guest KingT
On 12/5/2021 at 11:54 AM, KingT said:

Just heard that Oregon increased offer to $9M and that Cristobal is due to a recruits house in Cali today. Omg this is nuts.

Folks, if Mario wanted to stay, he would've taken the Oregon offer on the table and said let's go. But he hasn't. He clearly wants the Miami deal. It's one heck of a bargaining situation to lose to the same team in less than three weeks 75-17 and double your salary.

Guest KingT

Joe Brady fired today, ex LSU OC and widely believed to be QB whisperer for Joe Burrow. Just saying.

what up guys.. lurker who finally decided to sign up and join the discussions.. lol

Im really on board with going after Joe Brady!!!

This also unfortunately could go bad for Mario.  Brady is  MIAMI native.   I really want to be rid of Cristobal

1st off why does Mc have to sign a new contract today? Just so he can settle down a fan base? He can sign when he wants and it really

means nothing to anyone but him and the team and recruits. We have no idea what his real intentions are. For all we know he's 100%

committed to Oregon and is planning on signing a new contract when he gets off the recruiting trail.

Or he is playing both sides as anyone with a tad bit of negotiating skills would do.

On 12/5/2021 at 11:10 AM, KingT said:

Joe Brady fired today, ex LSU OC and widely believed to be QB whisperer for Joe Burrow. Just saying.

I agree 100% this is our best option to replace MC 

joe Brady!!! 

On 12/5/2021 at 11:16 AM, deschutesduck said:

Well that about sums it up.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the old saying, "Those who talk, don't know. Those who know, don't talk" applies to Mario's status here.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/5/2021 at 10:51 AM, SLCDucks said:

If true, I'm wondering if Chris Petersen is ready to jump back in.

Anyone with me?

My take on Chris is all the noise fried his love of coaching. I honestly don't think he wants or needs to go back to that crap. If memory is correct he and Helf had a conversation on flight about it all right before he stepped away.

Might have been a Canzano article.

Does that ring a bell?

Carpenter, Hester and Platt reported that it’s a done deal on ESPNU Radio a little over an hour ago.

Let's use this to our advantage and improve our situation. Why pay Cristobal 9 million when we could pay a better x's and o's coach 6 or 7????