deschutesduck

Feldman and Canzano are saying the AJC article is correct and Lanning will be hired as HC

Clearly the team knows DuckSportsAuthority @DSArivals is retweeting tons of people about it yikes haha I didn't expect that to post so many retweets from DSA so I removed it but you can see it here https://twitter.com/DSArivals

Edited by deschutesduck
  • Like 2

Yup. Canzano just tweeted that it's a DONE DEAL !!! Lanning is Oregon's next coach. Defense wins championships my friends. This is the kind of home run hire I think Mullens and Knight were going for.

Awesome/welcome coach.  Now roll up the sleeves, keep as much of the recruiting class intact as possible, bring some Georgia Def studs with you and hit some assistant home run hires.

• Like 1

It's the beginning of a new era. Now to get back some of those recruits who opened their commitments back up.

Edited by latracey

5* hire

• Like 1

This is fantastic news! Although I'd never heard of him before the AJC report, the more I read about him, tireless work ethic, fantastic recruiter, and tough D, the more I like him.

He's had other offers and UGA gave him $1M raises over his $325K base salary to stay put, so that says how in-demand Lanning is.

SCO DUCKS! 💚💛💚💛

• Thumbs Up 1

Hope for the best

• Thumbs Up 1

Mario who?

• Haha 1

Altman 2.0?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Welcome to Oregon. Take off your coat and stay a while. Although, you may not have a choice depending on your buyout or performance.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now for the OC…

• Thumbs Up 2

Well done. Looking forward to introductions. There is a lot of talent on this Oregon Defense. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Sweet. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Makes me wanna

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

I think this is a fantastic hire that is going to really excite the fan base, and goodness knows...I can't wait to get Coach Boles to look at his defensive strategies!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/11/2021 at 2:43 PM, 30Duck said:

Makes me wanna

This will NEVER get old!

• Like 1

Good. Now bring OC Todd Monken and JT Daniels with?

Congratulations to the new Duck Head Coach.

Very exciting. New start, fresh beginnings.

You have some seasoned youngsters that need to be coached up to the next level.  Give them the love and direction they need

Save the recruiting class as best you can. And bring a few Sec D line monsters from the South with you.

Go Ducks ......

Now let's see if all those big time recruits are actually any good or just front runners who can't self motivate.  

• Haha 1

Thrilled!  Huge.  So worried we would end up with a coach from Fresno or San Jose  or Berkeley just to “stay local.”