Haywarduck

Congrats Young Ducks, and Oklahoma!

Congrats to the spirit of these young Ducks, they never gave up. They also showed some talent to go along with their effort.

Also congrats to Oklahoma. They deserved to win this game, well played.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

On 12/29/2021 at 9:44 PM, Haywarduck said:

Congrats to the spirit of these young Ducks, they never gave up. They also showed some talent to go along with their effort.

Also congrats to Oklahoma. They deserved to win this game, well played.

I agree, especially with the way it started. It had horror show all over it, but the Ducks came back. The D, as in depleted, showed up on defense for the Ducks, but the offense got it going in the 2nd half, It left me with a positive attitude looking towards the Lanning era. 

• Thumbs Up 1

My friend, praise you . You are the ultimate Duck fan.

IMO after the first series when Brown threw a pick it should have been next young guy up? Brown played like Brown.

A predictable O accompanied by a beat up D. Being coached by guys that soon are going to leave.

Of course OK deserved to win the game. The Sooners was the far better team on the field. Especially at QB.

Nice rally, but too late to matter. The war had been won.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

We scored our season average on offense, (32 points) but the defense was too depleted at all three levels.  Everyone knows about the defensive line and linebackers, but we started inexperienced corners as well.

Make just a few stops and it is a game.  Seven straight scoring drives for OU at one point...

Such great young talent at receiver, and a shame we could not see them until now.

• Thumbs Up 7

Mr. FishDuck

When it mattered Brown was Brown. Why we didn't play the future in this game and several others remains a mystery. Such a sad way to end a season that seemed to have promise. Losing 3 out of 4 in blowout fashion to end the year suggests our confidence and swagger are lost. Can we get it back in the fall of '22?

No doubt Charles, but I choose to look past the stubborness of sticking with Brown in favor of looking a the smallish light at the end of the tunnel... 

The cupboard isn't exactly bare, and I am eager to see what develops over the next 8 months.

There's only so much sunshine to go around, and 4 TD's by freshman receivers is a good beginning.

It's amazing how difficult it is for a young group of players to begin to accept that they are capable of far more than has been asked of them, after being ground down under the heel of an oppressive administration.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

And thus endeth the AB paradox, shape shifting, Jekyl and Hyde. His game stats were surprisingly not too bad. Thank goodness there was always TRAVIS DYE.

Glad the team showed up for the second half. Here's a toast to the future (raises a glass of The Glenlivet) Yay!

• Thumbs Up 4

time to forget and move on.

The last 2 years were weird--Let get back to some good old fashioned entertaining football!

• Thumbs Up 4

The best thing I saw was the team play hard to the end of the game. The young team did not give up at all in terms of effort. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 10:36 PM, Wood Duck said:

And thus endeth the AB paradox, shape shifting, Jekyl and Hyde. His game stats were surprisingly not too bad. Thank goodness there was always TRAVIS DYE.

Glad the team showed up for the second half. Here's a toast to the future (raises a glass of The Glenlivet) Yay!

I'll join you in that toast... I'm not a drinking man but I felt like the first half was more of a "Staight Tequila Night".

The second half offense deserves a somewhat more refined libation. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/29/2021 at 11:08 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

time to forget and move on.

Yes, this bowl loss is a fitting summary of the MC era.   It's clear that he couldn't have taken us any further than Rose Bowl win even with a talent like Herbert.   

Sucks to have to wait 9 whole months to see what we could accomplish under the new HC.  Makes you think about how short life is... 😅

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe, just maybe the next time we play in the Alamo Bowl, we can put the previous two games together...have the first half of the TCU bowl game with the second half of the Oklahoma game...

*Sigh*

• Thumbs Up 1

I for one was glad AB played. He was starter all year, he earned it.

Now it's up to coach Lanning and his other coaches to develop and prepare TT and JB for action.

A clean start for the whole qb room.

Nix will have to show improvement to win starting. 

Boy no matter how positive I am about such a strong effort by this young, roster depleted team.......

I hate losing, always have and always will. It's called competition 

And these youngsters truly competed. They climbed out of a beat down and rallied until the end.

Proud of them.......

Now, I am going to finish sticking my finger down my throat and barf out all the WHAT IF'S of the MC UNDER PERFORMING ERA.......

Coach Lanning, fill in the blanks, coach them up and let's turn the page to the Lanning Era 

You got some great warriors with talent to work with........

On 12/30/2021 at 10:47 AM, DuckFan93 said:

Yes, this bowl loss is a fitting summary of the MC era.  

Do you suppose that the reason MC bailed when he did was so as to not tarnish his stellar 62-60 recordI'm guessing it would have sucked to show up at Miami with his overall record only 1 game over .500 instead of 2?  After the 2 beat-downs at the hands of Utah (primarily through incompetence/inattention IMO), it was probably obvious to himself that he wasn't going to pull out another win against another decent CFB team this year...

I guess at this point it's just something to ponder on...

In any event, I am excited for the future of Ducks Football, and can't wait to see what Coach Lanning puts together!

Go Ducks!!

On 12/29/2021 at 11:11 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

The last 2 years were weird--Let get back to some good old fashioned entertaining football!

Yeah, what’s the point of building a brand spanking new four wheel drive if you never take it in the mud?

• Thumbs Up 1

Wednesday night was like watching AB all season: half drowning my sorrows and half celebration.

Tonight is all celebration. Happ new year everyone!!!