1Funduck

I've Been Busting AB's Chops All Year...

Anthony Brown was average at best in Q1. After throwing a pick in the first quarter, I was done. But, it wasn't entirely AB's fault. I still was muttering 'next guy up'. Q2 wasn't any better. The only thing I was muttering was 'Ty Thompson, Butterfield, anybody'! Then Anthony Brown stayed inside his wheel house. It became a beautiful thing. Q3 happened. AB owned his mistakes and lack of play making ability and then.....tuned out the noise.

He ...flat...out...shredded OU's defense. His errors were nearly nonexistent. He had only one overthrow. That is quite acceptable. His other throws were on target and his receivers did their job. AB had a clear TD and our receiver decided he wasn't going to lay out for it in the end zone. I was floored!!! AB should have another reception AND TD to his stats. Oregon with 3 points in the 1st half and OU 30. But the second half? 29-17. And it wasn't even THAT close. Oregon should have 1 more TD due to a missed effort in the end zone. It should be 36-17 in the 2nd half. WELL DONE AB! 

I saw very good QB play from AB. And I would say that AB and Caleb Williams played about equal last night. 1st half goes to CW. 2nd half was owned by AB. What would have happened if we had anything resembling a 2 deep roster on defense and a receiver lay out for a TD catch in the end zone? Man, we are going to be real good next year.

• Thumbs Up 3

AB got his feet set and played relaxed in the second half. He gave a a glimpse of what might be next season. Grateful for that but also Grateful he is gone. 

• Thumbs Up 5

I had to wonder if (Franklin?), through past experience, just didn't expect that pass to be thrown, and was caught by surprise.

As much as I appreciate AB's maturity, running ability and gritty final performance in the Alamo Bowl, I sure won't miss those jai alai windmill throwing mechanics.

• Like 1

AB had some nice games ... But I won't be sad to see him go either. 

I am looking forward to seeing the spring game and what the QB room shapes up to be in the process. 

The defense turned out to be the bigger problem last night ... But that's what happens when your team plays players you've never heard of... The defense has really struggled all year with consistency but that's a topic for another thread.

I was never a qb growing up... My sum total experience is pickup games and messing around with neighborhood kids who for some odd reason think it's cooler to hang out with Oompah than their own families.

What bothers me is knowing that at 68 years old, with a throwing range limited by a past dislocation, I have better form and accuracy on passes under 20 yards, than what we often witnessed from a veteran D1 (really?) QB in his sixth season.

Who was his qb whisperer, and why was he asleep at the wheel?

Edited by woundedknees
Spelling

I applaud AB for hanging in in the face of criticism and injuries without a peep of discontent or negativity!

He was likely as frustrated by Mario s offense as the receivers and fans.

Good luck AB in your future endeavors!!  Thank you for being a Duck.

• Thumbs Up 2

AB played great in the second half.  Took the first half to break the Cristobal Curse. The curse tends to effect only those playing for him. What a gutty performance by the D. Held Okie to 17 second half.  Hats off!

On 12/30/2021 at 1:51 PM, Jemangi said:

I applaud AB for hanging in in the face of criticism and injuries without a peep of discontent or negativity!

He was likely as frustrated by Mario s offense as the receivers and fans.

Good luck AB in your future endeavors!!  Thank you for being a 

I’m onboard with all the positive responses to AB’s game, but that 2nd half doesn’t happen without a group of freshman receivers also getting their feet wet in the first and then making it happen.

Makes me think about what many of you have been saying all season long about just getting the freshmen time in the saddle.

• Thumbs Up 1

The big surprise was how the long ball was on target! Well done AB!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 1:30 PM, EastBayDuckDad said:

As much as I appreciate AB's maturity, running ability and gritty final performance in the Alamo Bowl, I sure won't miss those jai alai windmill throwing mechanics.

Nice description…..his throwing mechanics are abysmal.

Guest KingT

AB is a nice young man. He should've been playing ball at a lower division. He has poor fundamentals from his feet to his throwing mechanics. He was pretty bad all year. The coaches covered for him which tells me they couldn't or hadn't adequately developed Butters or Ty or were to stubborn to rep them. Bizarre 

It would be interesting to see him go on to an NFL career. We had an NFL rookie of the year underperform as a Duck. Just maybe Anthony also was held back, and actually has game to get to the next level.

I doubt it, but it would be a fitting end, and I would love to see the guy have success wherever he ends up, thanks AB!

• Thumbs Up 2