cartm25

BREAKING: Travis Dye Enters Transfer Portal

It may boil down to what CJ does. If back he's going. If not he stays. Get in portal now to see what's available before signing day.

And wait on Verdel who I believe still doesn't know and that's why he hasn't said anything about it.

Either way it's ok. The Ducks with $$$, Dollars and Cardwell are going to be ok. There are still RBs available in portal and HS.

Either way it's it big thumbs up for TD. He gave his all for 4yrs and will always be known as one of the best to play for the Ducks.

He's made the most with the least and he's proven to be a great young man that should succeed at anything he wants to.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ducks will be ok at RB, I'm pretty sure Verdell is coming back and that's why Dye bolted. This looks like a pretty solid 4 deep to me.

1) Verdell

2) Dollars 

3) Cardwell

4) 7 McGee 

Adios!  

• Thumbs Up 1

No offense to Verdell, but Dye makes the Ducks better.  He is faster, better vision, more patient, waiting for his blocks to set up,  and more versatile, catching the ball.  Plus, he's fun and exciting to watch which reminds us more of the good old days.

Whereas, Verdell just tries to shoot through the gap as quickly as he can.  Unless the O-Line, creates a big hole for Verdell to run through, with an empty backfield, he is not racking up a whole lot of explosive plays. He's more north-south, power running, straight into the mouth of the defense.

And how often does Verdell juke defenders into missing?  If given a choice as to whom I would prefer to have the ball in the hands of, in open space, I would pick Dye over Verdell.

Unlike Verdell, Dye will improvise and bounce it to the outside, if the hole is closing up and even spin a couple times. He's so slippery that he can create something out of nothing.

When Verdell went down, Dye proved that he could be that dependable workhorse.  Verdell just seems to get hurt every season which may indicate that he is injury prone.  It could have something to do with the predictable way that MC had the Ducks run the ball, with no vertical attack, against a stacked box.  Regardless, Dye showed that he could handle the workload this season.

If he goes, he will be missed.  He was one of the more dynamic Ducks during the MC era.

• Thumbs Up 4

At his size to be considered NFL material he needs 1100 yards his last season in college. I can surely understand why he might want to transfer. 

i don’t blame dye at all. i loved eugene but was def ready to try something else after 4 yrs.

And don’t forget that Dye has a fiancé who has a say in the matter. 

that said, it’ll be a sad day watching duck football with no Dyes on the field. 

Travis, we love you, but don't be an a**.

Next man up. We are good with the guys we have.

Has anyone watched the tape of Andrew Paul, the TX RB we just offered? Three star rating is a complete whiff. 2600+ rushing yards and 41 TDs last year, 5’11” 220 lbs w shake and breakaway speed.

• Thumbs Up 2

Always say Dye! He will always be a duck but he needs to do what is best for him and his family! 

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah that's the RB that's coming

This type of thing is standard procedure as long as the portal continues as it does. The NCAA had to know what was going to happen. By this time next year there might be more players in the portal than are out of it.

I'm fine with however this one plays out.

I felt that Travis was one of the two guys (Noah the other) who consistently showed-up and gave 100% week after week.  Thanks for your efforts and best of luck moving forward.   

We'll miss the ease at which he could turn a 3 yard run into a 5-10 yard run complete with spin move and a lunge for a first down.  He was tough to catch in a phone booth, and had enough strength to break PAC-12 arm tackles.  

But...

If he goes, I'm looking forward to a homerun hitter.  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the ability to move the sticks but I miss seeing a Duck back turn the corner and win a foot race to the pylon.  Looking forward to seeing the next group of backs get their chance.  

• Thumbs Up 3

Ill ask this question---If you were Dan Lanning would Travis fit the mold of a NC RB--like taking on an Alabama or Ga.???

PAC 12 maybe but against the big Boys?

• Thumbs Up 1

Blah, blah, blah... I hear all the pros and cons about whether or not Travis should remain a Duck. Let me bottom line if for the kid: Does any other school play "Shout" at the end of the 3rd quarter?

Shout.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

Miami fans think he is coming to the U. LOL

• Haha 2

There is a new HC, a new OC, and a new RB coach. Verdell coming back is no guarantee that he will start over Dye or have more reps than Dye. 

Verdell will have to prove that he is better than Dye in several areas to win back the starting job. That may not be easy.

One of Verdell´s biggest knocks is his obvious problem with injury. It is what will hold him way back in the NFL draft. How many times has CJV lost snaps because of injury? How many snaps has Dye lost to injury?

On 1/15/2022 at 2:00 PM, WiseKwacker said:

Blah, blah, blah... I hear all the pros and cons about whether or not Travis should remain a Duck. Let me bottom line if for the kid: Does any other school play "Shout" at the end of the 3rd quarter?

Shout.jpg

No, and this comment makes me want to 'Jump Around.'

"You 'messed up, you trusted us."

• Thumbs Up 1