Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cartm25

BREAKING: Travis Dye Enters Transfer Portal

Likely means Verdell is coming back for his 12th year? 

• Haha 2

This is very surprising to me. Why?

Explicative deleted!

• Haha 1

He is leaving a 10 win team that has superb upside for next year; where is he going to go and "be-the-man" where the same opportunity exists?

I am running out of players I can put in my background photo for the forum that shows up on Desktops.  Can't use Brown, or Devon Williams, or Mykael Wright and now not Dye?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Watch him wind up at Miami. 

Agree, the Dye family has been the heartbeat of the Oregon Football Program for a while. Seeing any Dye in another uniform just wouldn't be right. 

I do agree recruiting is telling student athletes about the opportunities within the program. That opportunity is to compete against the others at your position. I don't get where the ultimate competitor isn't ok with that scenario.

This one just hurts

• Thanks 1

"Dear coach... promise me I'm your guy. Or else?"

This is getting silly, in a way. Having to spend valuable recruiting time on proven players who are jumping into the portal?

Lanning has done a great job with it so far. But it's beginning to look like some of these guys may be playing "chicken" with the coaches. 

Duck fans love the heart, grit, and determination the DYE bros have brought to this team. Nobody has worked harder.

SMH...

I wish him the best I really do, I'm just excited hopefully like QB I want fresh running backs that can see day lite and gone like the good ol days. It just hasn't gotten my blood up to par. If this will truly be an open competition at all positions then may the best player at each position pony on up. I would certainly hope we will see both sides barring injury play like monsters every second of the game then business will take care of itself. So in the top for defense and offense efficiently like top 1 or 2 in the PAC 12 next season would be a heck of a right turn.

On 1/14/2022 at 9:50 AM, woundedknees said:

"Dear coach... promise me I'm your guy. Or else?"

This is getting silly, in a way. Having to spend valuable recruiting time on proven players who are jumping into the portal?

Lanning has done a great job with it so far. But it's beginning to look like some of these guys may be playing "chicken" with the coaches.

Hope not!

Travis Dye may be on the smaller side physically, and he isn’t the fastest, but he plays with more heart and effort than any running back I can think of since LaMichael James.

Always will love Dye.

• Thumbs Up 2

While I had thought that Travis might opt to go to the NFL, his decision to enter the portal is a total surprise to me. I wish him luck in whatever he does, but would love to see him change his mind and stay at OR for his final year.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/14/2022 at 9:45 PM, willville said:

seems very possible, or Akron  

I suppose we'll have to wait and see how good this new group of coaches is at evaluating talent and choosing which players they see as best at each position.

Hard to imagine not seeing TD as a top RB based on his on field, in game performance.

• Thumbs Up 1

This one's a bit shocking! Even if Verdell is coming back, Dye proved this year he can compete for reps with anyone. I could see him leaving to earn a pay check in the NFL, but transferring now is puzzling.

• Thumbs Up 1

This one makes my head hurt...

Granted I don't feel like Oregon will be gutted from this. I think we were all expecting the end of the Verdell-Dye era this year so I feel we have some good options in Cardwell, Dollars and McGee... however, if Oregon is only down to those three players then we REALLY need another running back because there is no depth.

On 1/14/2022 at 10:01 PM, Duck1984 said:

Travis Dye may be on the smaller side physically, and he isn’t the fastest, but he plays with more heart and effort than any running back I can think of since LaMichael James.

Always will love Dye.

Yeah seemed like Travis Dye always picked up 2-3 more yards than any average running back would on a given play and always one of the smartest players on the field.  Hard to imagine he would leave unless for the NFL draft (?)

This is so confusing to me as to "What in the World is he Thinking?"  Wish he made this decision before Benson decided to leave.  Maybe Benson would have stayed.

I can not figure out why so many players think transfer portal is such a great idea?  Here's hoping maybe coach L can pull a great running back from the portal (maybe the two running backs from Stanford?).

Edited by NJDuck

I imagine we will know the real reason eventually, but I cannot help but wonder if he did not mesh with the new RB coach, or perhaps did not like hearing how, "every job is open" and he has to win the spot back again?

Or with Verdell returning--he doesn't want to split time?

Maybe he is showing his hand to allow other RBs to make a better decision?

I agree with David Marsh; it makes my heart hurt.  Nobody exemplifies "Ducks" like Travis, so I guess the legacy will Dye after all.

Mr. FishDuck

Is what we are seeing the corrupting by players of what was originally intended to be a simple, one time  side-ways move, into a form of leveraging playing power by playing the old program off against a potential new one, thereby transforming the Portal into a portal-ploy to gain traction or guarantees? God, I hope not.

Dye benefited  the most from Mario's plodding offensive scheme. His many impressive runs carrying two to three defenders an extra few yards made the offense look much better than it actually was. Bringing in a new spread offense designed to generate explosion plays won't highlight his skill set.

I personally think leaving for the pros while the iron's hot would be the best decision. Moving to a struggling offensive team would also make sense.

• Thumbs Up 2

I realize that the Ducks have to manage scholarships, and suspect Dye has a degree.

Dye is already in the NFL evaluation process, and may be looking at plan B and C options if new coaches have told him that he has to compete for his spot again.

On 1/14/2022 at 9:45 AM, willville said:

Hey a 6-6 season under the palms sounds nice?