Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WolfDuck

Christen Miller Visit to UO

Recommended Posts

In case you like a behind-the-scenes look, Christen Miller (the country's #2 unsigned D Lineman) is documenting his official visit via his IG story!

 

https://www.instagram.com/fatchr7s

 

IG: fatchr7s

  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the link. if DL gets him it's a steal from UGA

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/14/2022 at 5:48 PM, WolfDuck said:

In case you like a behind-the-scenes look, Christen Miller (the country's #2 unsigned D Lineman) is documenting his official visit via his IG story!

 

https://www.instagram.com/fatchr7s

 

IG: fatchr7s

Mario never brought in 5 star IDL. Dan the man is already filling the cupboards that yes Mario did help fill.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard some scuttlebutt that Bru McCoy is on Oregons radar. Dudes a big talent and fills a need at WR. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how well he can run routes carrying all his baggage.  Didn't he enroll at USC, transfer to Texas and then back to SC?  Third or fourth time in the portal.

 

A judge Thursday denied a bid by attorneys for USC wide receiver Bru McCoy for a stay on the school’s July 28 indefinite emergency order removing him from campus four days after a felony domestic violence arrest.

Edited by McDuck
Link to post
Share on other sites

With Horace Bru McCoy, short for Bruiser, there would definitely have to be some due diligence done before any transfer. This would also seem to set up a test of Lanning's ability to manage questionable character type student athletes. It would also open the door to more reform type candidates, is that a component of the program Lanning is building?

 

Bru is definitely an interesting candidate, 5* ability, to take our passing game to the next level. The guy will be a 22 year old redshirt sophomore. I would imagine there are enough guys on the team who have a pretty good take on the guy. Due diligence and talking to the team would seem to be prudent with this decision, to entertain the idea at least.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoughts that come to mind are: "rotten apple in a barrel", distraction, undependable.  I hope that this program can do much better and get off on a route that leads to young men getting a degree.  This guy is just looking for a place where he can redeem himself for an entry to the NFL that is probably not there for him today.  People that are mean to women have no place in the Duck program IMHO.  And if you think I am jumpping to a conclusion about being mean to women, "felony" domestic violence does not mean something else than that.  

 

OK, Charles, if this violates a rule about speaking ill of a player my defense is that he is not there yet.

  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

You are right Grandpa Duck, as he is not yet on the team.  We can speak ill of their performance, but cannot get personal on a current player--and he is not one.  I agree with you, that he could hurt the team chemistry if he joined us.

 

Or he could reject the new culture and just be another stop on his long college tour.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I guess with the new age football now going on it would at least be worth a feeler by Lanning and the staff. I mean think about it this cat is a top 10 talent at the next level so you never know he might be ready right now. This offense with the right QB would kick some serious boot.

 

Equally you know Coach is going to make this team total whether it's the portal or sounds like recruiting is going pretty good right now so I expect the staff to bring in the best talent and right now it might be in the Peach state. There are a lot of 4 star's maybe wanting to come west because they believe Dan's MOJO.

 

Think about it his defense gave up over 40 points in the SEC championship and 3 weeks later makes a game plan that beats BAMA. That's pretty appealing right there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I always believe in second chances. Oregon might be the perfect place for him to change his life around.

 

I don't know what happened or if he's even been convicted yet so I don't want to be making a judgment either way.

 

With the stresses of our times it's the least we can do. It's tough for young men out there.

 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/16/2022 at 10:36 AM, Duck 1972 said:

I always believe in second chances. Oregon might be the perfect place for him to change his life around.

 

I don't know what happened or if he's even been convicted yet so I don't want to be making a judgment either way.

 

With the stresses of our times it's the least we can do. It's tough for young men out there.

 

You would still feel that way if it turns out he likely is guilty of the charges?  Bad message to youth and the women and girl fans of the Oregon Ducks.  

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Case against Mc Coy was dismissed because of lack of evidence. This doesn't mean he is innocent or guilty. Only there was not enough evidence.

Just remember back we had a player charged with charges of menacing, strangulation and assault.  We all know how that turned out. I believe he could be a high risk high reward type of player. He would certainly need to be on a short leash with no room for any transgressions. Here is an interesting article about him that was done previously to the charges that were filed against him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/15/2022 at 9:50 AM, Grandpa Duck said:

Thoughts that come to mind are: "rotten apple in a barrel", distraction, undependable.  I hope that this program can do much better and get off on a route that leads to young men getting a degree.  This guy is just looking for a place where he can redeem himself for an entry to the NFL that is probably not there for him today.  People that are mean to women have no place in the Duck program IMHO.  And if you think I am jumpping to a conclusion about being mean to women, "felony" domestic violence does not mean something else than that.  

 

OK, Charles, if this violates a rule about speaking ill of a player my defense is that he is not there yet.

I agree and more than likely unless he gets help he has a real issue with respecting the opposite sex. Do people deserve a 2nd chance? Yes. A person with his history Dan can tell him you have 1 chance to prove yourself so just do it. I mean no matter how talented he is this guy needs to show out. This might be his only chance to get to the NFL, not that I think they or some team wouldn't sign him as a FA and then you see. To me Lanning is trying to build off of some really great roster build up but lets be honest Mario pilfered the Ducks. So Dans just trying to build it now.

 

I think we've seen the last of the old Ducks  and every year with how CF is heading it's Championship or bust every year now. Can't not afford to do it that way now if you want to beat the McCoy's and the Hatfield's you know them people from the SEC. Hopefully nobody will take this as derogatory speech it's not meant that way. Its time and I think we are all gonna be pleasantly surprised by the product that ends up on the field. Perfect Storm as in why not us. Recruiting sounds like it just might go ballistic. February 3rd is it. Go Ducks just do it!

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/16/2022 at 3:56 AM, florida duck said:

The Case against Mc Coy was dismissed because of lack of evidence. This doesn't mean he is innocent or guilty. Only there was not enough evidence.

Just remember back we had a player charged with charges of menacing, strangulation and assault.  We all know how that turned out. I believe he could be a high risk high reward type of player. He would certainly need to be on a short leash with no room for any transgressions. Here is an interesting article about him that was done previously to the charges that were filed against him.

The article is disturbing on a couple levels.  First a players parents and relatives get attacked for where a kid opts to go to school?  What is wrong with people?

 

Second is the single minded obsession Bru had with football.  I don't know if his parents encouraged him or just allowed it to happen but, IMO, it is not particularly healthy.  The domestic violence allegation could well be the result of a kid totally lost because he can't play a game.  Shades of Todd Marinovich.

 

"He thought attending Mater Dei, instead of going to neighborhood Palos Verdes High School, was the best option to achieve his college football dreams. Shelby woke him up every day at 5 a.m., making him egg-and-cheese burritos or bacon-and-egg bagel sandwiches, and he'd be out of the door by 5:45 a.m., in time to lift weights in Orange County by 7 a.m. He'd attend class and practice for the rest of the day, having double responsibilities as a two-way player, not coming home until 9 at night. Sometimes he struggled to keep his eyes open while they drove home on the 405 because he was so exhausted."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I think that MaiTaiDuck really summed it up with these words, "every year with how CF is heading its Championship or bust every year now ".

 

IMHO, Oregon has been in that mode since the turn of the century. For some of us old timers I mean this century (21st) not the turn of the last century (20th). In 2002, the 2nd ranked Ducks earned the right to play #1 ranked Miami. They qualified per the BCS guidelines. The TV Network wanted ratings so a very distant 3rd ranked Nebraska was chosen. Miami destroyed the Cornhuskers, the Ducks got........

 

The Dennis Dixon injury derailed the next  BCS title run. That season that offense was unstoppable with DD at the helm. Of course we played in the BCS Natty in 2010. We were poised and positioned for other Natty's but Inexplicable losses sent us to other New Years bowls. Then the CFP annihilation of FSU and another Natty appearance in 2014. Possibly just one less loss against ASU and we are in the 2020 CFB.

 

This century the Ducks football program has been in Championship or bust mode. Now the rules and landscape have changed. Will the program change within the rules to match the landscape?

 

Every year, every team takes a chance on the character  of their coaches and players. Grown men coaches double talk us and 18 year olds make mistakes and suffer the consequences of their actions. Thru all that the teams play to win. Only a handful of teams have any possibility of a CFP and Natty.  Oregon has been and I hope will be one of the handful. 

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...
Top