DiscoDuck

Bo Nix is the Man, He and Seven Will Set Records

Get ready for an incredible season   Extremely impressed with all the coaches especially OC, DC, Head Coach, RB Coach, and Receiver Coach.   

• Applause 1

Agree about the coaches. But let's not ask too much of a brand new coaching staff coaching up guys they did nor recruit against a brutal schedule. 

Patience may be required this season? 

Georgia, BYU and Utah are not sliced liver,. All 3 can be defeated but they are far from cupcakes. And going on the road for 5 games in conference is not an easy ask.

First, win the North. Then hopefully advance from there? 

This is, again, where I am not even sure if we even know who our team is yet. Thus the honeymoon hasn't even begun. We are merely goo-goo eyed over this football team. Maybe this team is a match made in heaven and all will end like a fantasy, but.....

We could also just be getting out of an abusive relationship and be excited to be in love again. After Mario's big words, and hollow outcomes we were blown away at first pass in the spring game. Then when we got into the end zone on the second date, I mean play, and we were smitten, ready for the wedding.

The problem is the wedding isn't for 5 months. The best man hasn't even been picked. I suppose it is fun to be taken with someone, and we should just enjoy the ride!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

We are all ready for the Honeymoon to begin!  Go Ducks!!

On 4/25/2022 at 9:41 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Georgia, BYU and Utah are not sliced liver,. All 3 can be defeated but they are far from cupcakes.

This is very true, I'd much rather have some cupcakes than sliced liver!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Any wins over 8 would be great. Like mentioned above patience is needed this year. Should Oregon win the north? Probably but that's as far as I go for this year. What I would like to see is some blow out games. I'm okay with tight games against quality teams but unlike in the MC years, I hope Lanning puts the pedal down and throttles weaker teams. That right there will show which way the program is headed. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 4/26/2022 at 9:39 AM, Quackerbacker said:

We are all ready for the Honeymoon to begin!  Go Ducks!!

But going to Atlanta to start the season versus Georgia is not like honeymooning in Maui.

On 4/26/2022 at 10:15 AM, GODUCKS15 said:

Any wins over 8 would be great. Like mentioned above patience is needed this year. Should Oregon win the north? Probably but that's as far as I go for this year. What I would like to see is some blow out games. I'm okay with tight games against quality teams but unlike in the MC years, I hope Lanning puts the pedal down and throttles weaker teams. That right there will show which way the program is headed. 

I agree. With this schedule 9-3 with a north title would be a very good showing in year one.

Things lighten up in 2023 with at Texas Tech replacing 'at' Georgia. And 4 and not 5 conference road games. It will be interesting to see where the 2023 game vs USC will be played?

Caleb Williams is a true sophomore in 2022 so he will not be pro eligible until 2024, his 3rd CFB season.

I think the "neutral site" game against Georgia in Atlanta is a perfect way to start the season.

If the Ducks can be competitive in that game, win or lose, it will be a great way to evaluate where they are in comparison to one of the premier college football program in the country.

While I would love to see the Ducks pull off a shocking upset, I would be surprised if Georgia doesn't cover the 15 point spread. I sincerely hope I am proved wrong.

Oregon's upset win in Columbus last year put Oregon on a path to the playoff, only to see the Ducks squander it away with one boring, lackluster performance after the other, and a complete meltdown at the end of the season.

With a new coaching regime, new energy and renewed passion, I think this season we will see a more entertaining, exciting brand of football that will hopefully result in a New Year's Six bowl.......at the very least.

• Applause 1

On 4/26/2022 at 1:47 PM, DUCKED said:

I think the "neutral site" game against Georgia in Atlanta is a perfect way to start the season.

If the Ducks can be competitive in that game, win or lose, it will be a great way to evaluate where they are in comparison to one of the premier college football program in the country.

While I would love to see the Ducks pull off a shocking upset, I would be surprised if Georgia doesn't cover the 15 point spread. I sincerely hope I am proved wrong.

Oregon's upset win in Columbus last year put Oregon on a path to the playoff, only to see the Ducks squander it away with one boring, lackluster performance after the other, and a complete meltdown at the end of the season.

With a new coaching regime, new energy and renewed passion, I think this season we will see a more entertaining, exciting brand of football that will hopefully result in a New Year's Six bowl.......at the very least.

UGA will be a true test. But I wish the game was being played after opening against Portland State?

I understand the angst with a new coaching staff, but I think 9-3 should be the minimum expectation.  

1 - As much or more talent than last year (MC left a pretty full cupboard)

2 - Bo is better than AB (even with a lapse in judgement from time to time)

3. - Lanning and staff are better at game planning than MC and staff - proven coordinators and position coaches (The test will be in the next couple of years to see recruiting, retention and development)

4 - At 9-3 you still don’t have to beat GA or Utah and get to drop one other game with the only tough road test being in Pullman

8-4 is still a realistic scenario, but I think would be disappointing and you should expect better.  It would mean possibly starting 1-2 and/or possibly not winning the North - I just can’t picture that.  Just imagine what a disaster it would be for the PAC-12 to have a championship game with Utah and WSU!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/26/2022 at 10:56 AM, Jon Joseph said:

UGA will be a true test. But I wish the game was being played after opening against Portland State?

Absolutely. Opening against Georgia is a monumental challenge, for anybody, but especially for a team with a new coach, new system…….and on the road.

• Thumbs Up 1

But with a team that did it already. We went into the shoe and beat tOSU last year with most of the players coming back this coming year. For the players that are gone we replaced them with better players IMHO. We are experienced at every position although young.

The coaches are also better. I just don't see a big drop off. We get both BYU and Utah in Autzen. Anything less than a 10 and 2 year will be a disappointment to me.

• Thumbs Up 3

None other than Aaron Fentress puts the wins over/under at 8.5

On 4/26/2022 at 9:26 PM, Duck 1972 said:

But with a team that did it already. We went into the shoe and beat tOSU last year with most of the players coming back this coming year. For the players that are gone we replaced them with better players IMHO. We are experienced at every position although young.

The coaches are also better. I just don't see a big drop off. We get both BYU and Utah in Autzen. Anything less than a 10 and 2 year will be a disappointment to me.

Great take. The UGA D only returns 4 starters but it will be far better than the shaky D Ohio State put on the field all season long in 2021. Better players and better coached. UGA lost Lanning but not Kirby. 

Utah loses Lloyd but will likely be better with the return of Rising as the starting QB from day 1. 

Not easy going on the road for 5 conference games.

Will Seven be your feature back or will the Cardwell be the feature? 

Seven is a receiver, and Cardwell is a running back.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

The D best be ready to go? UGA O has its championship winning QB back and 6 other starters on O, including some darn good OL guys.

BYU, even with losing an all time RB returns 88% of its 2021 production on O.

This includes QB Jaren Hall who missed 3 games due to injury but still finished with 2583 passing yards, 64% completion rate and 20 TDs. He also had 62 carries for 307 yards and 3 TDs. (In CFB this of course includes yardage lost on sacks.)

I wonder if there was ever another HC who faced such a daunting OOC schedule in his first season?

On 4/27/2022 at 1:34 PM, McDawg said:

Will Seven be your feature back or will the Cardwell be the feature? 

Cardwell is the RB and to be quite honest, I'm more excited about his big play ability than I ever was about Dye or Verdell. Granted, they were both great backs for us, but Cardwell has the patience, vision and explosion to be a legit homerun hitter any time he has the ball, especially given his size.

I also am excited about Sean Dollars as I've been waiting years to see him actually healthy and playing.  

Seven is also a huge homerun hitter as well, just in a much smaller package (and from the slot position).

By mid-season I expect that Miami will fully understand the favor they did us...and the reality of what it means to have explosive talent and completely mis-manage it.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Applause 1

On 4/28/2022 at 9:46 AM, Wrathis said:

By mid-season I expect that Miami will fully understand the favor they did us...and the reality of what it means to have explosive talent and completely mis-manage it.

Miami mid season report: Not enough physicality.

Solution: More physicality.

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1