Charles Fischer

Does This Surprise You About Noah Sewell Pass-Rushing?

He forced a lot of early/bad throws last year--can't wait to see him this year!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

He wasn't utilized in this role enough if you ask me.

Furthermore... if Oregon used Sewell more in this way it may have opened up KT to be more effective as well. Defense is all about giving the opposing offense too many things to deal with and Oregon's defense last year made things too easy too often for opposing offenses.

• Thumbs Up 6

If I were a QB I would be paying attention to where he is lining up on passing downs. He is definitely a guy you hope your running back can pick up on a blitz. Never want to know how it feels if he gets a clean shot on you running full tilt. 

I would love to see Sewell and Flowe stay healthy this year. Between COVID and injury I feel we missed out on some great football watching them work as a tandem. 

Edited by Drake
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

If the D can stay healthy, they should be pretty good. 

Consistent pressure should help with the inexperience on the back end. 

Flowe seems like the bigger, I mean quicker, threat. Those two along with Lanning's coaching are going to be a nightmare for offenses.

• Like 1

Sewell is a beast and I think the favorite for PAC-12 DPOY.  Still bitter that Utah only got one of the brothers - I love the way they all play!  If the d-line can hold their own, the LB’s should be really impactful on an improved defense.  

Just once I would like to see him in an offensive series. From HS tapes it looked like he ran the ball like he played Defense, mostly running over his opponents.

On 5/11/2022 at 8:00 AM, Flyin Vee said:

Just once I would like to see him in an offensive series.

Who is going to stop him on 4th and 1? It would take three....

Mr. FishDuck

If Justin Flowe is back to full strength and stays healthy all season, the two of them will be a nightmare for opposing offenses.  The only con?  Noah is not likely to stay another year after this one, he'll be a top 10 or 20 pick, so the dynamic duo would be a one season wonder...

On 5/11/2022 at 11:18 AM, kirklandduck said:

Noah is not likely to stay another year after this one, he'll be a top 10 or 20 pick

An article in the local Register-Guard has Sewell as the No. 19 pick in the NFL Draft next year...

Mr. FishDuck

Sewell is an absolute beast. Imo he will be the number one LB taken next year. I can't imagine both Flowe and Sewell in a blitze pkg together. RB's are going to quit at half time to try their hand at ribbon dancing. 

• Haha 2

On 5/10/2022 at 11:28 PM, Drake said:

If I were a QB I would be paying attention to where he is lining up on passing downs. He is definitely a guy you hope your running back can pick up on a blitz. Never want to know how it feels if he gets a clean shot on you running full tilt. 

I would love to see Sewell and Flowe stay healthy this year. Between COVID and injury I feel we missed out on some great football watching them work as a tandem. 

Great stuff  and it just seems to happen this way from clear back to when Dixon and Chips offense were killing opposing defenses with the spread he gets injured. We had the talent to win and make the playoff's yet Coaching hampered that. Now we may actually get what weve always wanted a real team on both sides as in maybe dominant.

That will be only if these coaches are as good as we think they are. I honestly don't think there are to many RBs anywhere on the planet that will stop Noah from getting to the QB.

Now it's up to our uber talented DC and uber talented EX DC new HC to make many miss matches they can find and they are there. As for Flowe this guy is Ray Lewis 2 and I seriously hope he has a full season with Sewell to make every QB very uncomfortable and that will lead to many TO's.

• Applause 1

That doesn't surprise me one bit. 

I'd like to see Noah stood up at end on 3rd down and LaDuke come in at LB.

Noah is bigger, stronger and just as fast as Swinson! Funa while he sets a great edge in the run game seems below average with the pass rush.

I'd love to see Noah going one on one with the tackle standing up off the edge, working the speed, bull, swim moves

Think about DJ and Noah coming off the edges on 3rd and long with Flowe, LaDuke running one of Lanning's blitzes. 

• Like 1

How ever they are used are defense will dominate almost every team we play this year. It's time for the green swarm to stomp people.