Charles Fischer

USC Fans Handling Dakota Fields Flip to Oregon...Just....FINE

Salty describes their reaction, and their tears of frustration at Oregon.  Isn't it great?

"I am very interested to see how the rest of the BIG handles Oregon Community College’s blatant cheating. Not sure if Michigan and Ohio State will sit by quietly while the Discount Ducks drop bags to High School recruits in direct violation of NCAA rules."

"There are no outlaw renegade programs in the BIG like Oregon which is why OCC was a much better fit for the low academic cheating since the beginning of time SEC."

"This one is gonna sting. It's a big deal."

"Should have kept Oregon out of the B1G. These next few years are full of SoCal kids that root for Oregon."

"Our recruiting sucks."

"Pretty mind boggling that we have lost our grip on Serra (not to mention Mater Dei)."

"Love how you guys say “we’ll be fine” when a top recruit decommits like USC is landing top recruits everyday."

giphy-downsized-large.gif

"Not sure it sucks but it’s sure disappointing. at this rate we’re looking at a class ranked around #15."

(Rivals No. 7 for Oregon, versus No. 25 for USC right here for proof)

"True. Every fanbase thinks that all the 3* dudes they bring in are hidden gems."

"It is a big deal if he bolts. Dakota was supposed to be one of our lead guys on helping recruit other kids to this 2024 Class. For one of your lead advocates to USC to bail out is a bad look and instills very little confidence in what ever he has been telling the kids he's trying to influences to come to SC."  

"Clearly kids don't give a rip about the "rocket ship taking off" since we're getting decommits and missing on our top targets."

"Whatever it is my guy they gotta figure it out because 2025 class is loaded with elite California players."

"I hate to say that all those Duckie posters are spot on with how obsessed some of you are with Oregon. Making us all look bad."

"Oregon and other schools won't be inferior if they keep landing top recruits. We will be inferior to them. We need to get Nil figured out because it is the main reason that we are having trouble landing a top 5 class."

"Wow! It's hard to believe how frequently we lose head to head recruiting battles with Oregon. It seems to go as far back as DeAnthony Thomas. Now Oregon is joining the Big Ten. I sure hope we kick their butts on the field this year. We definitely need to win that game!!"

Caution...viewer advisory declared with a wacko below...

"As soon as the Discount Ducks became Associate/Junior members of the BIG this fraud de committed. Any player who chooses a glorified community college that has never won a National Championship over USC is an idiot. Sorry but the truth hurts. Oregon Community College will be a middle of the road team in the BIG. I cannot wait until Harbaugh unloads on the sleazy cheating taking place at OCC."

"Lincoln and staff are too nice to call the cheaters out on their tactics. Harbaugh does not give a crap and will broadcast to the world exactly how they are able to convince recruits to attend a glorified community college in the middle of no where that has never won a National Championship in over 120 years. This is what happens when you let the rats into your house. Oregon Community College is much more like a sleazy immoral scum bag SEC School. The BIG better deal with the cheaters now. Call them out NOW BEFORE IT GETS TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL."

My Duck-Buddies...I cannot make this stuff up, and I should be ashamed, but after getting crunched by them for so many years--their salty tears taste pretty sweet to me. 

Isn't it great?

• Haha 7
  • Mic drop 2
  • Applause 4
  • Thumbs Up 4

Mr. FishDuck

LOL, nothing I enjoy more than a USC freak out. One of the unequivocal advantages to being in the B1G with USC. 

On 8/7/2023 at 11:21 PM, Charles Fischer said:

The BIG better deal with the cheaters now. Call them out NOW BEFORE IT GETS TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL."

My bet... USC gets their pee pees slaped long before Oregon. B1G ain't going to like dealing with USC. This is going to be fun

• Thumbs Up 2

Housing gets increasingly expensive but it's comforting to know Oregon is living rent-free in USC fans' heads!

• Haha 3
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just checked out their 24/7 board and they had a topic titled "Stop the Oregon Fear"!

• Haha 4

I like how we're a community college now in their minds.

It's really going to suck on November to lose to a community college. 

• Applause 2
  • Like 1

Can someone explain to me the “cheating” to which all these SUC fans are referring? 

They seem to be really hung up on that, but there’s zero evidence of it.

Am I missing something or is it just a dash of envy mixed with a sprinkle of projection?

And rather than complaining about the B1G admitting a “community college,” shouldn’t they be complaining that a “community college” has way better facilities and coaching/on-field track record than SUC for the last 20 yrs?

Thanks for compiling these threads and suffering through SUC message boards, @Charles Fischer! These are my faves. ❤️

• Thumbs Up 1

If the BIG doesn't go to pods and keeps an open eighteen team conference schedule, I think the SUC fans are yapping themselves into becoming a secondary rival with the Ducks trapping themselves into yearly games with the UO.

I think it's an indication of how self-absorbed those USC fans that they act like they are ALREADY playing in the B1G.  

Sorry guys, UofO gets there the same year you do...and I know that REALLY torques the lug nuts!!

And before they go and hold up Jim Harbaugh as the moral police chief, perhaps that USC poster should read this article:

WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh and the NCAA reportedly are working on a four-game suspension after he...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/8/2023 at 7:31 AM, Dr Hilarius said:

Can someone explain to me the “cheating” to which all these SUC fans are referring? 

Something that all fan bases complain about when a recruit is lost, is how the winning team provided a "bag" of NIL for the recruit.  Washington fans say this all the time, and frankly--on the Oregon subscriber sites--when we lost a couple of recruiting battles in July--our fans claimed losses due to excessive NIL.  (And I do think that happens when a school goes "all-in" for a particular recruit)

Oregon explains right up front, that our NIL is competitive, but not the highest, ever.  We will get out-bid for recruits on a regular basis as we sell the total package of what Oregon offers, which includes a LEGIT NIL organization in Division Street.

Oregon has 14 of the 4/5-Star players verballed, which trails last year's 16 by the Lanning staff, and the all-time record of 19 by Cristobal in 2021.  But it is only August 8th!  We have an excellent shot at the record this year...

Dan Lanning_Fox Sports Video.jpg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

On 8/8/2023 at 1:35 AM, Log Haulin said:

My bet... USC gets their pee pees slaped long before Oregon. B1G ain't going to like dealing with USC. This is going to be fun

Yes, USC has always thought of itself as the top dog in the PAC, even when results vary. I can't imagine their we're-the-top-dogs attitude is going to impress many teams in the Big10. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 11:21 PM, Charles Fischer said:

"I hate to say that all those Duckie posters are spot on with how obsessed some of you are with Oregon. Making us all look bad."

This!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I think they are talking about Willie Lyles and Chip Kelly in 2013.

NIL isn't cheating.  We just happen to have really good business people running our NIL company, Division Street.

USC has 44,000 students, UO has 23,000 students.  USC is producing 5,000 more alumni every year and from an expensive private school in an expensive city.  I have a feeling the average salary for a USC grad is higher than a UO grad.  I know they don't have a Phil Knight, but if they had a passionate fan base they could make up for it with numbers.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/8/2023 at 11:23 AM, Tandaian said:

I think they are talking about Willie Lyles and Chip Kelly in 2013.

Speaking of cheating.  Several ones have gone on at USC.  Reggie Bush Gate for one:

In the University of Southern California athletics scandal, the University of Southern California (USC) was investigated and punished for NCAA rules violations in the Trojan football, men's basketball and women's tennisprograms.[1]

The sanctions were announced on June 10, 2010, and affected the USC football program from 2010 to 2012. Sanctions for the football team included postseason bans (2 years), scholarship losses (3 years), vacating old games (including a BCS Championship game), and disassociating with Reggie Bush. Separately, Bush returned his Heisman Trophy. USC head coach Pete Carroll also left USC shortly before sanctions were announced.

Another:

"Operation Varsity Blues" redirects here. For the documentary film about the scandal, see Operation Varsity Blues: The College Admissions Scandal.
Varsity Blues scandal
Duration 2011–2018
Venue United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Location United States
Also known as Operation Varsity Blues
Reporter First Reporter - Julie Taylor-Vaz
Organized by William Rick Singer via
  • Key Worldwide Foundation
  • The Edge College & Career Network
Accused 53
Charges Felony conspiracy to commit:

In 2019, a scandal arose over a criminal conspiracy to influence undergraduate admissions decisions at several top American universities. The investigation into the conspiracy was code named Operation Varsity Blues.[1][2] The investigation and related charges were made public on March 12, 2019, by United States federal prosecutors. At least 53[3] people have been charged as part of the conspiracy,[4][5] a number of whom pleaded guilty or agreed to plead guilty. Thirty-three parents of college applicants were accused of paying more than $25 million between 2011 and 2018 to William Rick Singer, organizer of the scheme, who used part of the money to fraudulently inflate entrance exam test scores and bribe college officials.[6][7] Of the 32 parents named in a Federal Bureau of Investigation affidavit filed in U.S. District Court in Boston, more than half had apparently paid bribes to have their children enrolled at the University of Southern California (USC).[8]

Looking forward to this game In November!  Part of our trip flying back home to visit family, we'll be attending this game in person!  Go Ducks!

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2023 at 11:55 PM, lownslowav8r said:

LOL, nothing I enjoy more than a USC freak out. One of the unequivocal advantages to being in the B1G with USC. 

One thing is for sure, if the trolls are freaking out it will spill down to the athletes. It always does.

How USC fans feel about Oregon...

giphy.gif

Guess we better DUCK!

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

There's a whole lot of humor here.   I mean are these people (SC fans) that self absorbed????  

They seem to have a very short memory, i.e. Varsity Blues, Reggie Bush etc.  I guess the old axiom applies:  Jealous persons are always in search of imaginary slights, which they magnify into crimes.”

They should be equally as worried about Ohio State, Michigan and some other B1G's, if not more so.

I do think there is still a DeAnthony Thomas effect in play.  Not sure how much longer Oregon will be able to ride that.  The answer is to have W-L success as the Thomas factor fades.  Getting him was big at the time, but not sure most Ducks fans truly understood how big.

• Thumbs Up 3

USC when DAT went to Oregon and USC a decade later:

• Haha 4

On 8/8/2023 at 10:31 AM, Dr Hilarius said:

They seem to be really hung up on that, but there’s zero evidence of it.

Am I missing something or is it just a dash of envy mixed with a sprinkle of projection?

And rather than complaining about the B1G admitting a “community college,” shouldn’t they be complaining that a “community college” has way better facilities and coaching/on-field track record than SUC for the last 20 yrs?

Thanks for compiling these threads and suffering through SUC message boards, @Charles Fischer! These are my faves. ❤️

Close to The Death penalty in football with the basketball program also dinged.

Clean hands with the roster tampering getting Addison and others on board, right, Coach Narduzzi?  No NIL payments to Williams and new recruits whatsoever, right?

$10M a year for a guy who lost to Tulane and has a football playoff record of 0-3. Meanwhile, the 'Community College'  has a football playoff record of 1-1.

Pay to attend admissions scandal. 

AD was fired for inappropriate conduct.

I'm close to certain that the SC president was out of bounds fiduciary-wise when she led the charge not to expand into the Central time zone. And on 3 occasions Carol Pinnochio told the Pac-12 commissioner that it was all good before going Foxy and B1G. 

Translation of the Chinese - Sorry, I can't make the Pac-12 president's meeting. Sincerely, Carol Folt

image.gif.171a89bf3b7f4fcaed2cadc91789ae48.gif

• Great post! 2

C'mon...you gotta admit...the top line is Funny!

• Haha 3
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Mr. FishDuck

Tulane 46

SUC 45

All while Tulane scored 16 points in the final 4 minutes... just to rip SUCs heart's out. 

I hope it's not too little of me to still be enjoying the afterglow of that game. 

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 10:03 AM, HDuck said:

They should be equally as worried about Ohio State, Michigan and some other B1G's, if not more so.

I do think there is still a DeAnthony Thomas effect in play.  Not sure how much longer Oregon will be able to ride that.  The answer is to have W-L success as the Thomas factor fades.  Getting him was big at the time, but not sure most Ducks fans truly understood how big.

Exactly.  All those recruits that say "oregon has always been my dream school"... Are referring to that magical era of duck football when they were 8, 9, 10 years old watching incredible Deanthony film high lights on a weekly basis.  You're right.. that pool of recruits is dissipating, so it's important to re-kindle that magic, now that we're on the big stage in the B1G. 

Edited by DuckFan33
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wish the Pac12 channel would re-broadcast that game a couple of times...

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/9/2023 at 4:47 AM, Desert Duck said:

I hope it's not too little of me to still be enjoying the afterglow of that game. 

It’s the only game from last season that I kept on my DVR.

We love to watch the look on Williams’ face as he watches his team implode then seals the loss with his own safety. 

It is so choice. I highly recommend. 

• Go Ducks! 1

On 8/9/2023 at 2:17 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Sorry, I meant to post this elsewhere and not to go thread OT.