David Marsh

Let's Discuss: Today's Other Games of Interest! (Spoilers)

I didn't see one already made so here we go... there is loads going on today. 

Ohio State is downtown o Maryland at the moment and Missouri is taking it to LSU. 

And Red River is heating up. 

Let chaos reign!!! In a good way for the Ducks anyways. 

• Like 1

GO Mizzou!!!

Dont like Texas but dont want Okie raining down on Ducks. However Sooners D looks pretty good so far.

The Texas Oklahoma game could determine which team has the inside track to winning the conference and a CFP spot. 

The rest of the Big 12 doesn't look so good.

They might have to play each other again in the Big 12 Championship Game ... I believe they haven't changed their format with the new additions. 

Texas and Oklahoma's offenses look good.  Entertaining game, thus far.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oklahoma is starting to pull ahead. 

Maybe Texas isn't as good as everyone was saying? 

Both teams have some issues and neither is unbeatable. But it looks like Texas has lost a few players due to injury and that shows a lack of depth. 

The Ducks have a ton of depth this year that's for sure. 

Just got back from 7 y.o. flag football to catch end of this Okie v. Texas game. Great ending for sure

Does Okie jump Oregon this week? Does Texas stay in front of Ducks? It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

• Thumbs Up 1

What a great drive with about a minute ten left in the game by Oklahoma.

I'd guess OU jumps to about 5, Texas maybe about 9-10 (depending on the outcome of other games today of course). I would imagine Oregon and UW both land ahead of a one loss Texas, further upping the stakes for the game next weekend?

Texas probably settled into that "highest rated one loss" team?

Edited by AnotherOD
  • Like 1

UCLA giving Cougs all they can handle. Hope WSU wins this game. Ducks don't  play Bruins. Need cougs to stay ranked until Ducks play them in two weeks

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/7/2023 at 12:56 PM, Log Haulin said:

Does Okie jump Oregon this week? Does Texas stay in front of Ducks? It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

My answer... probably. 

But it doesn't matter. Oregon just needs to continue to take care of business. They have No. 7 next week and if WSU wins today another top 15 math up at least if not potentially a top 10. 

USC should be ranked by the time Oregon plays them but where we'll have to find out. 

Utah could also be ranked but I'm not feeling super confident there at the moment. 

Oregon State will should also be ranked at the end of the season. 

If Oregon gets through that gauntlet they're in the the playoff. Texas and Oklahoma both see a drop off in their schedules for the remainder of the season.

• Go Ducks! 1

It's becoming a trend just how poor the OLs are in the PAC12. A combination of low talent and poor depth.

Colorado, USC, WSU, UCLA, ASU, UA even UW and Utah aren't very good.  The Oregon schools are the only ones that command some amount of respect.

For as good as the coaches and QBs are in this conference the OLs are notably bad.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dante Moore throws a pick6 at 12 yard line going into half. Oops!

• Oh no! 1

On 10/7/2023 at 1:34 PM, Solar said:

It's becoming a trend just how poor the OLs are in the PAC12. A combination of low talent and poor depth.

Colorado, USC, WSU, UCLA, ASU, UA even UW and Utah aren't very good.  The Oregon schools are the only ones that command some amount of respect.

For as good as the coaches and QBs are in this conference the OLs are notably bad.

I would say that trend is across much of the country right now. 

I'd say Oregon, Georgia, and Michigan have some of the best line play overall this year.

Ohio State looks vulnerable, Texas and Oklahoma aren't that deep on their lines either. 

Even with steller QB play much if the game is still won at the line of scrimmage. 

Hats off to Oklahoma, you're OK!

Heisman-worthy game by OK QB Dillon Gabriel. Ewers started off slowly but also played well.

The 'experts' had UT winning both LOS. Didn't happen.

WAZZU goes down vs. a tough Bruins D. UCLA wins in Corvallis and without playing Oregon and UW it could sneak into the champ game. Although I see no way UCLA will score enough points to defeat USC.

Bama prevails in College Station. Bama now leads the SEC W and is still in line for a possible playoff berth.

How far will Texas drop? 

If UGA and Michigan TCB tonight, it will likely be 1 UGA.  2. Michigan. 3. Ohio State. This means that to date, Oregon will be playing the #2 and #3 teams in the country in 2024.

• Wow 1

On 10/7/2023 at 4:07 PM, Jon Joseph said:

WAZZU goes down vs. a tough Bruins D. UCLA wins in Corvallis and without playing Oregon and UW it could sneak into the champ game. Although I see no way UCLA will score enough points to defeat USC.

Kinda odd... chip has a good defense but his offense is basically non-existent. 

• Applause 1

On 10/7/2023 at 4:26 PM, David Marsh said:

I think a true frosh QB can do that.

Moore and the offense looked more comfortable as the game went on.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/7/2023 at 4:26 PM, David Marsh said:

Moore threw the pick 6 going into the half. 14 point swing. 88 yard return...ouch

• Thumbs Up 1

Colorado getting beat by ASU. Wow!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/7/2023 at 5:06 PM, Log Haulin said:

Colorado getting beat by ASU. Wow!

Need Colorado to win this one to make our win over them look a bit better. 

Surprise, surprise! Notre Dame’s offense is non-existent today. 

Can't believe how many calls go CU way. The refs seem to be trying hard to protect Shedeur. That's the part about celebrity that drives me nuts.

The U is up 3-0 in the 3rd over Georgia Tech. Also, big day for Tre Benson at FSU. 200 yards rushing.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/7/2023 at 6:54 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Also, big day for Tre Benson at FSU. 200 yards rushing.

Great example of how the portal can help the players.  As a reserve--he was not going to move ahead of CJ Verdell and Travis Dye, and thus with transferring his playing time and value has exploded.

Ditto for Khyree Jackson from Alabama to Oregon.

Khyree Jackson 'stepping up to the challenge' as Oregon football's No. 1  cornerback - oregonlive.com

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Can ND come from behind. Hope they lose then beat USC.

The big dogs in the SEC still have championship level defenses. Bama vs. UGA will be a great SECCG. But, the score might be 5-3 in 2 OT’s.

Miami getting punched in the mouth. Down 14-10 to GT. Early 4th

So Colorado barely survives ASU. 

How much of that might be playing a later kick off game and then relegated to the Pac-12 network rather than one of the biggies for this game? 

Hats off to Louisville. First Domer loss to an ACC team after 30 straight wins.

And for SOS purposes, hats off to Texas Tech for a decisive win at Baylor. 

Miami has taken the lead back.

It's early in both games but 2 ranked Pac-12 teams are behind.

On 10/7/2023 at 7:27 PM, Log Haulin said:

Can ND come from behind. Hope they lose then beat USC.

Right now it looks like my invalid grandmother could biddie slap U$C into unconsciousness. Man they look bad and Arizona pretty decent.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/7/2023 at 7:07 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Bama prevails in College Station. Bama now leads the SEC W and is still in line for a possible playoff berth.

How far will Texas drop? 

If UGA and Michigan TCB tonight, it will likely be 1 UGA.  2. Michigan. 3. Ohio State. This means that to date, Oregon will be playing the #2 and #3 teams in the country in 2024.

It will be UGA, Michigan, and Ohio State 1,2, and 3 after Week 6. And with 2Ls, the Domers can kiss the playoff goodbye. Heartbreaker, right?

On 10/7/2023 at 10:29 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

The big dogs in the SEC still have championship level defenses. Bama vs. UGA will be a great SECCG. But, the score might be 5-3 in 2 OT’s.

Yes, in regard to Bama and UGA, but where are the other great Ds? LSU pulled it out today at Mizzou but it again played Swiss cheese D.

And the Kentucky D today was MIA.

On 10/7/2023 at 11:17 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Yes, in regard to Bama and UGA, but where are the other great Ds? LSU pulled it out today at Mizzou but it again played Swiss cheese D.

And the Kentucky D today was MIA.

There aren’t but two big dogs in the SEC right now. 

• Applause 1

Oh man, Mario had his Miami team run the ball instead of taking victory formation and then they fumbled the ball against GT with 26 seconds left. That is so MC! 🤣🤣🤣

• Wow 1
  • Haha 3

Arizona might just have LA’s number tonight.

IMG_2529.jpeg

• Applause 1

2 SEC big dogs and the 2nd may be Oklahoma?

• Thumbs Up 1

USC looks like it is looking toward South Bend.

On 10/7/2023 at 8:28 PM, WaterPoloDuck said:

Oh man, Mario had his Miami team run the ball instead of taking victory formation and then they fumbled the ball against GT with 26 seconds left. That is so MC! 🤣🤣🤣

Lol... and GT scores right after Calen Williams gets sacked. I think that was a greatest top 10 five seconds in my football watching history. Haha! 

Watched Caleb get sacked then hit the recall on the remote and watched GT score. Amazing

• Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1

I cannot believe Mario did it again! Sweet uniforms, though.

• Haha 3

The announcers said that this is the "biggest coaching mistake I've seen at this level in my entire life" 🤣🤣😂. Thanks Miami for paying us a ton of money to take MC off of our hands!

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1

Mario snatching defeat from the jaws of victory yet again. Maybe he's why Stanford joined the ACC.

• Haha 4
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 3

Way to go Mario! Learned nothing from the Stanford game a few years back. CHOKE!

• Haha 4
  • Applause 1

You had to know last year's Mario was bound to come back with a vengeance lol  Wow.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/7/2023 at 11:37 PM, WaterPoloDuck said:

The announcers said that this is the "biggest coaching mistake I've seen at this level in my entire life" 🤣🤣😂. Thanks Miami for paying us a ton of money to take MC off of our hands!

IMG_2530.jpeg

• Haha 4
  • Applause 1

USC/AZ is a very interesting game right now.  Wildcats are really taking it them 17-7 right now.

I'm looking at the CanesInsight forum right now and it's absolutely hysterical. They're realizing what we tried to warn them about. 🤣🤣

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

BTW, Chaney Jr.’s elbow was down, but Mario gonna Mario.

• Applause 1

Miami's 24/7 board is like deja vu all over again!